Media coverage of women's football compared to the men's game in Scotland

17 minutes ago, SmithAidan1 said:

Hi everyone, I'm writing my dissertation on the media coverage of women's football compared to the men's game in Scotland. 

It would be much appreciated if you could help me out by completing this short survey and sharing. Thanks in advance!

https://t.co/LmdMsC9TNH

Done.

I'm not trying to court controversy here, but if you're going to ask "Do you think women's football in Scotland receives an adequate amount of media coverage?" and offer the two choices, "Yes, I'm happy with it" or "No, more is needed" then you're going to disenfranchise a perhaps-surprisingly large number of people looking for the third option, "Actually, it receives far too much coverage relative to its current audience".

I say "a perhaps-surprisingly large number" because if you don't allow for such responses then you'll never actually know how many - and I speak as someone who keeps an eye open for the Motherwell FC (formerly Motherwell Ladies FC) results.

Done. I completely get Doc Manhattan's point, but I also think more is needed as far as the club games go. It went almost unnoticed that the Women's league had started up last week.

Yes the standard is pretty low overall, but I think with the Women's national team qualifying for the World Cup and the Women's game growing so much in England just now, it's the perfect chance to make the most of it and generate some interest in the Scottish women's club game. I've been to a few games but generally the attendance replicates youth football, in other words it's mostly family and friends rather than actual fans.

Archived