The Umbrella Academy

honestly united

Is anyone else watching the latest Netflix comic book adaptation The Umbrella Academy?

Starring Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, Mary J Blige among others, I hadn't heard anything about this prior to seeing it appear over the weekend. 3 episodes in and so far this stands out as one of the best comic book based TV series to date. Its quite dark, not one of the main characters are happy as a result of their powers, but there are some comic touches throughout to lighten the mood slightly. The building the characters, and the back stories has been good, without being condescending or overly obvious and leaves you wondering whats going on enough to want to watch more - would recomend anyone to give it a go.

I posted this in the Netflix thread last week.

The Umbrella Academy - lots of potential given the quality source material and clearly had a lot of money spent on it unfortunately it just never quite clicks into anything good. It’s not bad either, sadly just meh.

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed it, wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen but I thought it was enjoyable nevertheless, I've never read the source material so maybe that's why I enjoyed it, as I was going into it with no previous knowledge or prejudices about it or how it should look or feel!!!
Hope there is a second season, would love to find out what's happened to them all!!!

58 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Enjoyed it, wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen but I thought it was enjoyable nevertheless, I've never read the source material so maybe that's why I enjoyed it, as I was going into it with no previous knowledge or prejudices about it or how it should look or feel!!!
Hope there is a second season, would love to find out what's happened to them all!!!

I thought it got a bit predictable half way through, but I was the same not having rad the source material wasn't sure what to expect so quite enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
This is next on my list to watch. It's Gerard Way's comic book series, isn't it?

Yes, yes it is!!!

Archived