Livi v Killie - El Plastico

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Right. The question that must be answered is......who is the diddiest club?

One who gives two stands  to the twisted sisters, or one who offers rolls on bacon and Sausage  only to away fans ? 

Answers on a postcard please.

We gave them 3 stands, we win...…………………...oh wait, damn.:ph34r:

Good Lord we were shite yesterday. Aye we had 6 or 7 of our best players missing, but it's inexcusable how bad guys like Ross Millen were. They're professional footballers - he looked like he had just met the rest of the back 4, and it was his first time seeing a football. 

Jones can't play on that Livi astro (there's me blaming the pitch...), Boyd is finished, Mulumbu and Tshibola were inexplicably pinned to the back four and never seemed to want to get forward. Too many passengers. 

Thought Rory McKenzie had an excellent game, about one of the only positives I took from yesterday. 

Had said to my mate early on that I've known Chris Erskine as a player since about 2007 when I first saw him for my junior team, Kilbirnie Ladeside. He's a great player and I'm glad it's worked out for him, but why our two centre backs are getting bullied by a winger who's just been relegated playing out of position as a makeshift striker, I've no idea. He had an excellent game and deserved his goal for how well he led the line. 

The fact we hit the bar three times flatters us. Boyd's was nowhere near going in, Brophy's was a decent ping to be fair, and Rory should have burst the net with his. Other than that we created little and looked pedestrian. 

In the first half of the season we competed way above where we should, with the old firm. Since Stewart left and we lost our most creative player and best goalscorer, and we've been hit with injuries to a light squad, wrongful suspensions and game changing decisions, our season has gone in to freefall. As well as those excuses, we also have to hold our hands up to the fact that there have been several performances that just haven't been good enough - Hearts, Dundee, Livingston. I suppose now we're performing to a club of our size/budget, just feels so disappointing after sitting in second and looking at first place. 

I did say months ago that this run of fixtures from the winter break was going to be killer!

Credit to Livi, they're a really well set out side. They got forward well, forced us long, and forced us back from their own third with two banks. Really well organised and fully deserved the win. 

Move on to another really tough game on Wednesday night. 

Did have to laugh going back into The Centre to meet my missus and the wee one for dinner to see dozens of Killie fans doing the same. My missus was enquiring when the next Livi away game is. Onto a winner with that plan!

16 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

It didn’t help that you had 1 or 2 passengers as well, looked like Jones was just going through the motions and Mullin just gave the ball away constantly, the boy that got out jumped by Stevie Lawless should be getting a boot in the baws tae. 

Jones has had one good game since he signed for the bigots...  against them

3 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

BTW Kudos to both sets of fans,particularly in the 1st half for a great atmosphere yesterday.

Agree, thought it was a really good atmosphere you’d think with the two clubs being in pretty poor form it wouldn’t be like that but the Steve Clarke incident during the week got the Killie fans going and I felt there was genuine belief around me yesterday and the Livi fans as a whole who generally just sit and moan during bad runs got behind the side and that really helped the players.

5 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Good Lord we were shite yesterday. Aye we had 6 or 7 of our best players missing, but it's inexcusable how bad guys like Ross Millen were. They're professional footballers - he looked like he had just met the rest of the back 4, and it was his first time seeing a football. 

Jones can't play on that Livi astro (there's me blaming the pitch...), Boyd is finished, Mulumbu and Tshibola were inexplicably pinned to the back four and never seemed to want to get forward. Too many passengers. 

Thought Rory McKenzie had an excellent game, about one of the only positives I took from yesterday. 

Had said to my mate early on that I've known Chris Erskine as a player since about 2007 when I first saw him for my junior team, Kilbirnie Ladeside. He's a great player and I'm glad it's worked out for him, but why our two centre backs are getting bullied by a winger who's just been relegated playing out of position as a makeshift striker, I've no idea. He had an excellent game and deserved his goal for how well he led the line. 

The fact we hit the bar three times flatters us. Boyd's was nowhere near going in, Brophy's was a decent ping to be fair, and Rory should have burst the net with his. Other than that we created little and looked pedestrian. 

In the first half of the season we competed way above where we should, with the old firm. Since Stewart left and we lost our most creative player and best goalscorer, and we've been hit with injuries to a light squad, wrongful suspensions and game changing decisions, our season has gone in to freefall. As well as those excuses, we also have to hold our hands up to the fact that there have been several performances that just haven't been good enough - Hearts, Dundee, Livingston. I suppose now we're performing to a club of our size/budget, just feels so disappointing after sitting in second and looking at first place. 

I did say months ago that this run of fixtures from the winter break was going to be killer!

Credit to Livi, they're a really well set out side. They got forward well, forced us long, and forced us back from their own third with two banks. Really well organised and fully deserved the win. 

Move on to another really tough game on Wednesday night. 

Did have to laugh going back into The Centre to meet my missus and the wee one for dinner to see dozens of Killie fans doing the same. My missus was enquiring when the next Livi away game is. Onto a winner with that plan!

Really good assessment of the game, glad you had a decent day out with the family despite the result. 

Best of the luck for the rest of the season. 

Shite performance from Killie Hamiltonesque performance from Livvy, who fully deserved the three points.

Nice to go to a game and not utterly hate the opposition and/or opposition fans. 

Dallas wasn’t even THAT bad either.

good luck for the rest of the season, lions.

28 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Dallas wasn’t even THAT bad either.

It was actually a bit of a shock walking away from the ground without a big refereeing decision to talk about :lol: All this talk of foreign referees has obviously scared them straight. :whistle

55 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

It was actually a bit of a shock walking away from the ground without a big refereeing decision to talk about :lol: All this talk of foreign referees has obviously scared them straight. :whistle

I had to check and make sure it was Dallas officiating the game, thought he had maybe left his cards at home but he finally booked someone (Brown for a handball), really was good seeing him just letting the game flow and keeping his cards in his pocket for meaty challenges. Didn't even get booed off the pitch, El Plastico even affected the ref, joining in with our good will to all fellow plastico clubs and fans. 

What a pleasant thread this has been compared to the Old Firm mire we've had to wallow in of late, albeit with one appearance by the Killie-obsessed Romeo.

Anyway, well done Livi, let's hope you can kick on from this now and end the season strongly.

8 hours ago, spiggle said:

Well we know that Jonathan Sutherland reads P&B, called the game El Plastico as if it was his own joke. Get yer own material ya thief.

Message to Jonathan - "shave it off mate, you're kidding nobody."

Fair result in the end, McKenzie the only one of our players that kinda stood out compared to the rest, I think this will be Boyds last season as well, hes been a cracking goalscorer for us in the past but his legs have well and truly gone now.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent atmosphere from both sets of fans though!

Absolutely drooling at the suggestion of this as I feel it's more often than not at away games only; although I appreciate this is likely the case for a decent amount of clubs.

I wanted to get my season ticket at the noisy bit behind the away dugout. I'll move there next season. We obviously have work to do to get people through the gate but i think that section is definitely helping things.

Archived