Livi v Killie - El Plastico

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was expecting Erskine to have a long day with long balls and no one alongside him but he done really well, deserved a goal and took it well. Sibbald as well hasn't been as good as we thought he'd be but I was really impressed with him today, him and Lawson both put themselves about well and it was almost like watching the Livi of earlier in the season with the players giving it their all. Brown looked quite clumsy at times but managed to recover and I think he done well. Tiffoney also done well when he came on, was hoping he'd get a goal after dinked the ball over the defender near the end but the defender threw himself in front of it.

Pleasing performance, good to win a game again and be back to our usual selves. Maybe 4 at the back will be the way to go. Would be happy with the same team again next week, hopefully Lamie's injury isn't too bad although he looked in pain.

18 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Mon Killie, think about Holties son, gieus the 3 points. #doitforholtsboy

Thanks Killie, Holt's son will have a much nicer time at school on Monday morning.:thumsup2

I was slagging Erskine off all first half and he pops up and scores, brilliant.:lol:

Biting the finger nails towards the end, esp when they got the free kick on the edge of the box {thinking of Dundee last week) and they hit the bar from the 2nd ball, but we managed to hold on, absolutely brilliant result for us and a much needed win after our slump in 2019.

17 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Was expecting Erskine to have a long day with long balls and no one alongside him but he done really well, deserved a goal and took it well. Sibbald as well hasn't been as good as we thought he'd be but I was really impressed with him today, him and Lawson both put themselves about well and it was almost like watching the Livi of earlier in the season with the players giving it their all. Brown looked quite clumsy at times but managed to recover and I think he done well. Tiffoney also done well when he came on, was hoping he'd get a goal after dinked the ball over the defender near the end but the defender threw himself in front of it.

Pleasing performance, good to win a game again and be back to our usual selves. Maybe 4 at the back will be the way to go. Would be happy with the same team again next week, hopefully Lamie's injury isn't too bad although he looked in pain.

Looked like he'd done his hamstring.

That was really disappointing but not wholy unexpected given the shape of the starting 11. Has there been any word from Clarke on why we had so many players missing?

All in all I don't really mind losing to Livi, seem like a decent club with decent fans. Hope we get to play again this season in the top 6.

Really delighted with that, thought we looked back to our best. 

Despite the line up that I’m sure we all questioned it was a masterclass from Holt. 

Erskine was superb up top, held the ball up and brought midfield runners into play time and time again. 

Lawson was another who I thought was the player that got stuck in the most, broke up the play over and over. 

Sibbald also gets unfair criticism for me and proved he’s got potential, he played 2 or 3 excellent through balls, really happy for him. 

Thought it was quite evident that we pressed higher up the park forcing Killie long, our defence mopped every long ball up with ease, Killie looked far better when Boyd went off. 

Jones stopped playing now he’s got his contract with Rangers ? Couple times he pulled out of tackles and at one point stopped playing looking for a non existent free kick. 

Been a tough run for us but that result was due, think we deserved it. 

Kudos to Killie fans for showing up in numbers and singing for most of the game.

A result which we badly needed. Some players really stepped their game up today: Lawson, Erskine and Sibbald in particular. It was good to see us not rely so heavily on the high ball. Holt has obviously realised it's not going to work with Erskine up front. He is far more effective when we play the ball on the deck and he linked up well with Lawless, who was also back on form. We definitely benefitted from the absentees in the Killie side. Unsurprising to see that Millen is still a complete imposter.

Really pleased with the performance today. Great energy about the team and some good chances created. 

Feel a bit sorry for Killie leaving with nothing after hitting the bar three times. I know I’d be bubbling away about it. Clearly a lucky break for us there.

1 minute ago, crispy said:

Really pleased with the performance today. Great energy about the team and some good chances created. 

Feel a bit sorry for Killie leaving with nothing after hitting the bar three times. I know I’d be bubbling away about it. Clearly a lucky break for us there.

Despite hitting the bar 3 times I dont really think we deserved anything. Had it not been for Stuart Findlay making about 3 excellent last ditch blocks/tackles you would have won by more.

Just now, Nadroj said:

Despite hitting the bar 3 times I dont really think we deserved anything. Had it not been for Stuart Findlay making about 3 excellent last ditch blocks/tackles you would have won by more.

That’s very kind of you. It’s not uncommon for us to be in promising positions and not take them so an obvious area for improvement. 

Aye, I love our wee stadium. Kinda wish the office block wasn’t there so that we could have all four corners filled with empty seats. At least it would look pretty.

6 minutes ago, crispy said:

When they hit the bar for the 2nd time I thought this is going to be our day, about time we got a break though, 2019 had been a right hoor for us results wise, we desperately needed this win..

Archived