Livi v Killie - El Plastico

20 hours ago, crispy said:

During the Sportscene highlights from Sat, I’m sure I saw a seat with a hole in it behind the south goal.

There's a few dotted around the stadium...noticed it the other week when I was down playing on the park

9 hours ago, kevthedee said:

This has to be the nicest thread I have ever seen on this site,not one bad word or abuse aimed at each other.

2-2 cuddles all round at full time.

Know what....I'd take it....everyone back to the Livi Inn for a lock in!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

yesthanks.thumb.png.35e834222d304b445b0d357a82d0c88f.png

After the past few weeks of having to play horrible teams with pretty horrible fans it'll be nice to go to a game with a good atmosphere where we all agree that Gary Holt is tremendous and we can all hope that there's goals and people have fun. 

I feel like this game is like a mirage after all the shit of the last few days. 

Obviously it's not going to live up to this, but I can almost imagine the woman on the turnstile giving me a bit of homemade tablet on the way in.

I feel a guard of honour for Steve Clarke before he heads into the ground is in order Saturday after his press conference tonight, Killie fans on one side, Livi fans on the other. 

Its about time someone called out these animals for what they really are. 

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Good to hear. Defo going to this, but it would was going to ask in advance whether:

a) any Livvy fans were going to coin-toss Boyd for being a *** ****

b) Whether you were going to sing songs about the IRA or the UVF;

c) Whether you were going to verbally attack our manager for being a dirty ****** ******

d) Invade the pitch if you score a last minute winner and let off flares on the plastic;

e) Have a buckfast-fulled, spittle-flecked, staggering angry rant  go at out fans (including bairns) on the way out?

??

a) We're more likely to throw coins at the Livi board to put towards the Keep Halkett Fund

b) We'll sing songs about our back 3, Gary Holt and the many many roundabouts in the town

c) If he slaps Gary Holt and whips off his shirt to reveal an IRA tattoo on his back then there's a slight chance of some backlash. Probably not to that extent though

d) Flares would melt the pitch at the Spaghettihad, we've already had that from the blue Glasgow mob

e) As has been stated, there will be hugs all round at full time with Holt and Clarke leaving the pitch together to rapturous applause....providing you lot stick to the 2-2 agreement :P

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

b) We'll sing songs about our back 3, Gary Holt and the many many roundabouts in the town

I haven't made it to a game since Aberdeen, please tell me we have a roundabout song now. I didn't know I wanted it until this moment.

Completely unsure of how this will go. Byrne will be a big loss, but I'm still slightly confident as we've been playing alright. Hopefully Menga's close to a return, I feel like we've missed him and his shithousing ways. On the other hand, if Killie pumped us as hard as they did at Rugby Park then that wouldn't be a surprise either.

Count me in for the 2-2 hugathon.

1 hour ago, fullmetaljacket said:

I’m driving up on Saturday. Where’s the best place to park nearby?

The private housing scheme across the road from the Klondyke garden centre mate( Hunter Rosd)

There's a path at the very bottom that leads thru the wee cooncil street across from Aldi and the ground.

The wee cooncil street residents are anal bout anyone parking there,so don't!!!

2 hours ago, fullmetaljacket said:

I’m driving up on Saturday. Where’s the best place to park nearby?

In addition to that the multi-storey car park at the mall is only 50p an hour for parking and the mall is right next to the ground, so that's always an option.

If the price of the car park has gone up since the last time I visited then I unreservedly apologise for this.

10 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Good to hear. Defo going to this, but it would was going to ask in advance whether:

a) any Livvy fans were going to coin-toss Boyd for being a *** ****

b) Whether you were going to sing songs about the IRA or the UVF;

c) Whether you were going to verbally attack our manager for being a dirty ****** ******

d) Invade the pitch if you score a last minute winner and let off flares on the plastic;

e) Have a buckfast-fulled, spittle-flecked, staggering angry rant  go at out fans (including bairns) on the way out?

??

Nope, none of the above will happen at the Spaghettihad on Saturday, I reserve the right to boo the officials at HT & FT though, as I anticipate them being their usual standard of shiteness.

BTW, I did a search for spaghettihad just to see what came up and the top result was our stadium, in a wiki page.

Tony Macaroni Arena Stadium aka The Spaghettihad

So it's officially in use now, brilliant.:lol:

9 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Is the college next to the stadium ok for parking? And is it pay at the gate?

Only time I saw it in use for football fans was against the Glasgow teams, where our stadium carpark was restricted to supporter buses only.

The St Margarets academy school carpark is available though (free parking), if you  travel past the stadium heading towards the hospital and turn right at the first set of traffic light, it's a few hundred yards down the hill on the right hand side, once parked you walk along the path towards the river and cross the bridge that will take you out by the training pitches behind the East stand, about a 6 minute walk.

Oh and AFAIK it's not patg, but you'll be able to get a ticket on the day, usually sold  in the Almondvale suite (or ask at the reception if they're being sold elsewhere).

Only time I saw it in use for football fans was against the Glasgow teams, where our stadium carpark was restricted to supporter buses only.
The St Margarets academy school carpark is available though (free parking), if you  travel past the stadium heading towards the hospital and turn right at the first set of traffic light, it's a few hundred yards down the hill on the right hand side, once parked you walk along the path towards the river and cross the bridge that will take you out by the training pitches behind the East stand, about a 6 minute walk.
Oh and AFAIK it's not patg, but you'll be able to get a ticket on the day, usually sold  in the Almondvale suite (or ask at the reception if they're being sold elsewhere).

I’m assuming there are no turnstile operators and you just scan your ticket?
Maybe why there’s no PATG?

46 minutes ago, fullmetaljacket said:

There are turnstile operators but they scan your ticket. We only started moving towards tickets rather than cash when the season had already started so I'm not sure if the plan is to eventually just have a scanner rather than people. Think TicketMaster are involved too so in the future you can buy your ticket online and show it on your phone or print it out. 

48 minutes ago, fullmetaljacket said:

Dunno if it's going to be that type of system eventually, but atm it's still manually operated turnstyles with folk scanning your barcode then pressing a button to let you through, suppose it is something to do with not having turnstyle operators handling money and having to count out change, so in that respect it should be a bit quicker getting the fans through the turnstyles. 

Need to get a better way to buy the tickets though, for folk wanting to purchase them through the week, so you aren't having to get them at the away stadium in case you're working normal hours and can't manage down. .

Archived