Livi v Killie - El Plastico

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Livi north station via Airdrie. Couple pubs right there. Otherwise, Livi has bugger all except a couple of chains down at the Centre. Livi Inn might be a wee bit out your way but is a nice older place. Black Bull in Mid Calder alright, too.

There's been a guy commenting on the various Kilmarnock facebook pages promoting his club for before and after the game on Saturday.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, crispy said:

To be honest, I'd be more confident with Halkett up front than anyone bar Hardie :lol: His strike that was saved was about as clean as we had and he can put in a decent ball from wide areas. He played up front until 12/14 years old i think.

Aye he's got a fair hit of a shot on him, takes a good free kcik and penalty too. Still would rather see him being in defence though, just like James McPake then, started out as a striker.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye he's got a fair hit of a shot on him, takes a good free kcik and penalty too. Still would rather see him being in defence though, just like James McPake then, started out as a striker.

Get Brown or Van Schaik in the team and lump Halkett up front! :lol:

@Dindeleux which club?

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

Get Brown or Van Schaik in the team and lump Halkett up front! :lol:

Opposite of Toddy, a defender playing as a striker.

On a more serious note, I wish we'd leave Hardie on for the full 90 mins, he's always capable of getting a goal and I really don't see Erskine  coming on and Hardie going off giving us a better chance of scoring a goal.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Opposite of Toddy, a defender playing as a striker.

On a more serious note, I wish we'd leave Hardie on for the full 90 mins, he's always capable of getting a goal and I really don't see Erskine  coming on and Hardie going off giving us a better chance of scoring a goal.

Erskines past it... was last year as well.

If travelling by train whats the best station to get off at? (will be coming from glasgow)
Also any decent pre match pubs?
Thanks in advance for any info
a nice rendition of f**k the PFA would be good from all stands or a few anti fraser wishart songs!!
If its pubs the Livi South and the Bankton House Hotel is a good shout.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Agree - I think Hardie is always our best chance of a goal. 

How many seats is everyone going to exhuberantly smash in the event of a late winner?

Home fans included obvz, could go either way in "El Plastico - Holt special".

Personally I'm going for four. Two in the ground, one on the train, one in my front room when it's repeated on Sportscene the following day. 

22 minutes ago, Estragon said:

How many seats is everyone going to exhuberantly smash in the event of a late winner?

Personally I'm going for four. Two in the ground, one on the train, one in my front room when it's repeated on Sportscene the following day. 

‘El Plastico - Holt on to your seats’

During the Sportscene highlights from Sat, I’m sure I saw a seat with a hole in it behind the south goal. This was when a ball boy was collecting the ball halfway up the stand after a wild miss.

37 minutes ago, Estragon said:

TBH if we win I think all our fans would be too stunned to jump about breaking the seats and would also need them in tact for having to sit back down to recover from the shock before we fall down.

And if we lose, then that would just be the norm this year so no real need for Killie fans to be getting carried away with a pitch invasion.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye, Dorrans and Halliday both dropped further back as well, seems to be the norm. Patterson at Cardiff doing his bit for the other direction which surprised me.

Killie boys, I could be talking pish here but did Naismith break in to the Killie team as a left wing back? I have a faint recollection of him at Rugby Park on the left side and with bleached barnet. I can’t remember if it was the same occasion but I’m sure David McNamee (right side) did his Achilles down there aswell.

Archived