Livi v Killie - El Plastico

I don't see a match thread for the game on Saturday. A tough game ahead for us against a very good Killie team. With Byrne suspended, how do you see us line up?

I kind of liked the first half lineup before Byrne saw red on Saturday.

I reckon we'll line up as follows

Kelly

Gallagher Halkett Lithgow

Odofin                                                                        Lamie

Jacobs Lawson Pittman

Robinson Hardie

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, spiggle said:

I don't see a match thread for the game on Saturday. A tough game ahead for us against a very good Killie team. With Byrne suspended, how do you see us line up?

I kind of liked the first half lineup before Byrne saw red on Saturday.

I reckon we'll line up as follows

Kelly

Gallagher Halkett Lithgow

Odofin                                                                        Lamie

Jacobs Lawson Pittman

Robinson Hardie

I'd be tempted to give Wylde a run out - see if he is up to speed now. He certainly wasnt in the first few games...

I’m actually confident we will get something from this one, we’ve not been playing badly, I think our last two performances have been good and have deserved more than a point from them. 

I’d agree with the OP on team selection, I think Lawson is the obvious choice to come in, was really good at Tynecastle and came on last weekend and was very good too, although the last time he played Killie he was taken off after half an hour.

Killie blew us away early doors at Rugby park earlier in the season,the game was over after 20 minutes, I’m pretty sure Gary and the team will have learned a lot from that game and we will try to keep it nice and tight early doors and hit on the break when we can. 

Main issue we had was Jones, we didn’t have anyone who could keep up with him, be interesting to see how we go about countering that for this one. 

Last two performances have been good and I think we are over the performance slump.

A few changes in personnel since the last game: Byrne will be a big loss and big Broadfoot couldn't help himself on Sunday; Stewart gone. The addition of Oddofin might help to counter Jones but if i'm honest he'll probably have someone on toast at some point - quite looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully Tiffoney is available for this.  Lawson is  tricky call based on what happened last time....

As usual, I'm confident we will give a good account of ourselves just need to be a bit more composed and clinical in front of goal. Looking forward to an entertaining game on the surface of the stars.

5 hours ago, Killie87 said:

Tough game but a narrow win Livi 1-2 Killie, the wonderful surface will make for fine viewing.

This.

Apart from the league opener against Celtic I've felt pretty confident and optimistic of our chances against teams, but on the run of results we're on just now and even when playing decent enough we're still losing by the odd goal, I can't see us getting anything here. Even our home results are following that trend.

Hopefully Menga and Tiffoney are back fit for this game, we could do with their pace and direct play up front, our bench last Sat was pretty thin on options in attack. We were that desperate we switched Halkett into going up front as a striker near the end of the game.

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This.

Apart from the league opener against Celtic I've felt pretty confident and optimistic of our chances against teams, but on the run of results we're on just now and even when playing decent enough we're still losing by the odd goal, I can't see us getting anything here. Even our home results are following that trend.

Hopefully Menga and Tiffoney are back fit for this game, we could do with their pace and direct play up front, our bench last Sat was pretty thin on options in attack. We were that desperate we switched Halkett into going up front as a striker near the end of the game.

To be honest, I'd be more confident with Halkett up front than anyone bar Hardie :lol: His strike that was saved was about as clean as we had and he can put in a decent ball from wide areas. He played up front until 12/14 years old i think.

Guest Moomintroll

El Plastico at the Spaghettihad, even if we win this game, Livi should be awarded 3 points as well for their supporters evocative turn of phrase.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

El Plastico at the Spaghettihad, even if we win this game, Livi should be awarded 3 points as well for their supporters evocative turn of phrase.

Livingston has been described as ‘the Istanbul of the Central Belt’, a bubbling pot of culture and creativity, where east meets west.

1 hour ago, superkillieaway said:

If travelling by train whats the best station to get off at? (will be coming from glasgow)

Also any decent pre match pubs?

Thanks in advance for any info

a nice rendition of f**k the PFA would be good from all stands or a few anti fraser wishart songs!!

Livi north station via Airdrie. Couple pubs right there. Otherwise, Livi has bugger all except a couple of chains down at the Centre. Livi Inn might be a wee bit out your way but is a nice older place. Black Bull in Mid Calder alright, too.

edit: yea, the Almondvale suite is another option.

Yep the Saltire is prob your best bet, just up from the train station next to Morrisons carpark. About 25 mins walk from the stadium I think, been a while since I walked to our ground so only a guess.

The Almondvale suite is decent enough too though, not as good selection of booze but still ok, has food on the menu and a couple of tv's with footie on, and a warm inviting atmosphere (when Sevco aren't the away team)..

Archived