Cowdenbeath v Albion Rovers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes Buchanan puts in a good shift. Some folk just don't like him for some reason.
He runs about lots but has no ability on the ball. Poor passer and has poor ball control.

Simply running about loads just isn't good enough for me.

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
27 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Bet you wish you hadn't posted that.

Not really. Did he play well tonight?

He did ok. Beavered away, lots of effort which is needed in poor conditions but lacked composure in front of goal.

Playing Swann anywhere on the left hand side for us brings so much more balance to the side. His lovely through ball led to the penalty.

A win is a win but should have been more comfortable. Fair fucks to the small number of AR fans that made the trip. Genuinely wish your team well. The number 10 that went off injured was a tidy player, made life easier for us after that.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:
2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Bet you wish you hadn't posted that.

Not really. Did he play well tonight?

Just ran about a bit, as you said about him. He looks promising sometimes, but fails to deliver. Exactly like Renton.

That was poor tonight. Looks like we have already given up. Our main tactic was lumping aimless balls forward to Renton, which he would simply lose time after time. Totally pointless. Or, we would play it wide to Mullen who would launch it at every opportunity and hope someone did something with it.

Feel sorry for Albion. Playing like that they will be easily beaten by EK or Cove.

Kevin Harper has some interesting points to make on the Rovers twitter feed. He says one of our players should have been sent off (I’m guessing Henvey) for a second booking. He also said we weren’t a threat apart from the needless penalty. We hit the woodwork 3 times. I suppose you could say they were off target and therefore not a threat. I do hope Rovers stay up, or anyone that finds themselves in the dreaded relegation playoff.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Just ran about a bit, as you said about him. He looks promising sometimes, but fails to deliver. Exactly like Renton.

That was poor tonight. Looks like we have already given up. Our main tactic was lumping aimless balls forward to Renton, which he would simply lose time after time. Totally pointless. Or, we would play it wide to Mullen who would launch it at every opportunity and hope someone did something with it.

Buchanan had a decent game last night as he did second half on Saturday. Won the penalty, hit the bar and had another good run just after - if he'd gone down then it would have been another penalty.

Renton played well last night as well. Ran himself into the ground and chased everything - didn't give the defenders a moments peace. He flicked on so many balls but no one was gambling to get on the end of them. He is everything that Sheerin is not, a handful.

34 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Kevin Harper has some interesting points to make on the Rovers twitter feed. He says one of our players should have been sent off (I’m guessing Henvey) for a second booking. He also said we weren’t a threat apart from the needless penalty. We hit the woodwork 3 times. I suppose you could say they were off target and therefore not a threat. I do hope Rovers stay up, or anyone that finds themselves in the dreaded relegation playoff.

Johnny Harvey was at the game last night. Maybe he gave Harper some tips on post match interviews.

4 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Buchanan had a decent game last night as he did second half on Saturday. Won the penalty, hit the bar and had another good run just after - if he'd gone down then it would have been another penalty.

Renton played well last night as well. Ran himself into the ground and chased everything - didn't give the defenders a moments peace. He flicked on so many balls but no one was gambling to get on the end of them. He is everything that Sheerin is not, a handful.

Johnny Harvey was at the game last night. Maybe he gave Harper some tips on post match interviews.

There is no doubt Buchanan put the effort in last night, but I still think he is far too wasteful though. He seems to hesitate just enough for the chance to go a-begging. He did have a good effort later, but just too high. The one that hit the bar was a deflection, but again it doesn't go in. You don't get a bonus point for almost scoring. 

As for Renton, I don't mind him, but I think he is way too wasteful. Allan is always harrying the defenders and makes them panic. Renton shuffles up when it is too late with no real intention of putting in a proper challenge and the defender simply plays it past him. Allan runs himself into the ground. Renton certainly doesn't. Renton mostly loses possession and flicking on balls when there is nobody there is a complete waste of time.

There was one attack when the ball was fired in Renton's direction and I think it was Henvey coming in from the left. All Renton had to do was head over the only defender into Henvey's path. Instead, he does what he always does and simply heads it forward straight to the keeper. Even Usain Bolt would not have reached it in time.

Playing with tactics like last night will get us nowhere fast.

5 hours ago, onecowden said:

Hope Albion get their tattles in playoff from whoever as should be automatically down imo 

13 hours ago, PELE said:

Feel sorry for Albion. Playing like that they will be easily beaten by EK or Cove.

Got to agree, they will probably lose the play off unless they buck their ideas up significantly.

Archived