Sign in to follow this  
Craig McCulloch Burley

Squad face March

1 hour ago, Rooster20 said:

Strange time to quit, just before a qualifying campaign having been the No. 1 this last year.

This for me.  I understand players want to protect their bodies, particularly as they get towards the end of their career, but this seems a pretty odd time to do it.  Hang on literally one more year, and he'd probably be number 1 going into a (hopefully) 2 game series that could see us in a tournament.  At which point he can hang on a few more months and bow out on that.  

Or Rangers have just leaned on him, like most clubs probably do with their players.  "You don't really want to play for Scotland, do you Alan?  You just want to curl up at Murray Park on a nice warm blanket, don't you Alan?  Come on Alan, tell that nasty McLeish man where to go, Alan."

2 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Dailymail says Fraser and Patterson are unlikely to play because of the artificial pitch. Is this because they have done there knee ligaments before? If true Fraser a massive loss and it’s beginning to feel like the Israel game again with mass call offs. If true Christie McGregor Fraser and debatably fletcher would have started that game.

For f**k sake...

This isn't one game out of a 38 game season where you can just rest a player.  To coin the SFA marketing, this fucking matters.  

Edited by forameus

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

This isn't one game out of a 38 game season where you can just rest a player.  To coin the SFA marketing, this fucking matters.  

Yep, if you make a cunt of your first game, you're up against it immediately.  A 10 game league means you need to win every game.  Well at least 7 of them.

Bain

Robertson
Tierney
Bates
McKenna

Mctominay
Armsrong
McGregor
Forrest
Phillips or Russell
Burke

Front three can switch about like against Israel as Phillips Burke and Forrest can play through middle also.

Annoying losing Fraser Christie fletcher McGregor as our team is weakened and their is still a round of games left !!!

Ok the bright side this is possibly the fastest Scotland team we have ever had which could be handy away from home and cause Kazakhstan some problems.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, if you make a c**t of your first game, you're up against it immediately.  A 10 game league means you need to win every game.  Well at least 7 of them.

And it's not like us to do that, is it?

Eh, Craig?

No, definitely not, Craig

In fact, looking back through our opening day results is fucking harrowing.  We pummeled Malta last time, and the Faroes for 2008 qualifying, and a narrow 1-0 win over Latvia for 2002 but other than that...

0-0 Serbia
0-0 Lithuania
0-1 Slovenia
1-2 Germany
0-1 Macedonia
2-2 Faroes

Fucking hell.

Seen Liam Palmer play a number of times this season and in previous ones.
Very much a confidence player. Going through a good bit of form at the moment and right back is his best and most natural position. However one of these players who makes calamitous mistakes and when not playing well is usually the worst in the team and making errors all over the place. Always found him to be very inconsistent- great one game and then awful the next which would explain why he is in and out the Sheff Wed team most seasons.
As mentioned he is going through a fairly consistent good spell and we are short on natural right backs. Given the opposition in the next two games,  I dont think its a bad call up and should provide adequate back up. 
Ill be astounded if he is a player who will reach over 10 caps though 

He’s 27 now and obviously realised there’s no chance of an England call up so will be quite happy with this I’d imagine.

6 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

He’s 27 now and obviously realised there’s no chance of an England call up so will be quite happy with this I’d imagine.

Yawn. He played for Scotland Under 19s and Under 21s, so has always been in the Scotland system. 

I'm a big fan of McNulty, but that forward line looks weak. Fletcher/Christie have to be injured I assume? Morgan's not a centre forward, McBurnie's not international class. 

Squad makes me nervous. I'd take a point in Kazakhstan now.

A few interesting selections in amongst the squad. Gordon, Patterson & Fletcher are the more notable absentees but I don’t think many could argue with those that have been picked. Biggest eyebrow raiser for me is McNulty though, but why not? We’re struggling up top and probably don’t have an outstanding candidate available.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

A few interesting selections in amongst the squad. Gordon, Patterson & Fletcher are the more notable absentees but I don’t think many could argue with those that have been picked. Biggest eyebrow raiser for me is McNulty though, but why not? We’re struggling up top and probably don’t have an outstanding candidate available.

Paterson is in it.

Lewis Morgan is a strange one. 

Looks like a strong squad, though. I'm happy about the quality of team that we can put together. 

Fletcher is injured, otherwise he'd be in.

So basically, squad is looking to Fraser/Forrest/Armstrong/McGregor to dae...something...anything...and a whole load of jobbers around them?  Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Killie87 said:

Does McLean get regular games for Norwich ??

Been out injured for majority of season but has started their last few games and got a couple of goals and assists for them.

Paterson is in it.

So he is, sorry, I must have missed him when I was scanning through.

Hopefully he pushes on with them, anytime i saw Aberdeen playing against Killie he always looked like a player.