Squad face March

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Steven Fletcher was injured yesterday - Bruce said it "doesn't look good".
On the plus side, Armstrong and Fraser were both involved in all of their teams' goals.

Rumours that Greg Stewart will be called up instead

McNulty worth a call-up? Our forward options are pretty dreadful (Burke, McBurnie, Paterson), and I've been impressed with him in a few games for Hibs. Not enough to merit an call-up in ordinary circumstances, but got to make up the numbers somehow. I've no idea who should start up there... other than a left-field/mental suggestion of C. McGregor as a false nine: great at finding space, good receiving the ball on the turn and will link with those around him.

It's a shame Griffiths hasn't been playing. Could really have bagged a few goals in the upcoming games. Hope he sorts himself out. 

I'd take Jack Harper with the squad and see how he does. 

Johnny Russell will probably be there aswell. Always shows up to squads and rarely pulls a sicky. 

There's always a wildcard we could go with particularly against San Marino. Shankland. Could be worth a call up?

19 hours ago, accies1874 said:

McNulty worth a call-up? Our forward options are pretty dreadful (Burke, McBurnie, Paterson), and I've been impressed with him in a few games for Hibs. Not enough to merit an call-up in ordinary circumstances, but got to make up the numbers somehow. I've no idea who should start up there... other than a left-field/mental suggestion of C. McGregor as a false nine: great at finding space, good receiving the ball on the turn and will link with those around him.

Callum McGregor has missed Celtics last few games through injury, don't think he'll be fit for this double header. Should still have enough to beat these 2 mobs comfortably but I'm interested to see how the midfield will start with him and Christie injured. McTominay and McGinn with Armstrong playing further forward?

Callum McGregor has missed Celtics last few games through injury, don't think he'll be fit for this double header. Should still have enough to beat these 2 mobs comfortably but I'm interested to see how the midfield will start with him and Christie injured. McTominay and McGinn with Armstrong playing further forward?
I think I saw a headline saying that McGregor should be back, but it was on some Celtic site so didn't fancy giving them a click.
If he's out then it'll probably be the midfield you've said.

Pretty happy with our midfield options but our list of possible striker options is very underwhelming. Fletcher or Burke. I would probably lean towards Fletcher.

Is it just me or does anyone else not really get the John McGinn hype train. Someone in this thread even has him starting over Armstrong which is sheer lunacy.

Archived