Squad face March

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He turned up to meet with the squad in Glasgow and the Scotland doctor advised him to have the surgery.

The Scotland doctor is an apologist as are the team management

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robertson will be a miss - our captain and best player. But Tierney is a quality replacement.

Mulgrew and bannan? Yesterday's men. Not bothered.

McKenna would be a big loss but at least it would be one of our other young new generation CBs who will play in his place.

But hopefully that's the end of the withdrawals.

No Harper in the Malaga squad tonight. Was in training during they week and, from a Spanish article from an hour ago, no injury was mentioned as a reason for why he might not be in the squad. First time he hasn't made the squad all season (discounting injuries).

Might be worth keeping an eye on if McBurnie is out.

Edit: Probably wrong on this but was just putting it out there.

2 hours ago, charger29 said:

No Harper in the Malaga squad tonight. Was in training during they week and, from a Spanish article from an hour ago, no injury was mentioned as a reason for why he might not be in the squad. First time he hasn't made the squad all season (discounting injuries).

Might be worth keeping an eye on if McBurnie is out.

Edit: Probably wrong on this but was just putting it out there.

Yeah, he was in the group that headed up at the weekend to Soria to play Numancia. A bit of a surprise to see him not even make the bench but he hasn't been great of late(came on late last game and and had minimal impact bar getting himself booked).

Get the feeling he's getting phased out a little, what with them signing a few in January to bolster the promotion push and him signing a pre contract with Getafe. 

8 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Harper barely plays striker these days. More likely to be an attacking midfielder or winger. But the main problem seems to be he's not in their plans right now. They've been benching him since the start of the year as well.

I think it would depend on formation. He'd fit the Fletcher role from the past few games quite well imo.

I don't think it's happening, it just annoys me when there's an extra place left in the squad unused. Why not use that to give younger guys a chance to integrate with a squad they could be part of in the future?

Steven Fletcher in the media today saying doctor advice over a long term knee injury means he doesn't play on artificial surfaces.

Who could've guessed...

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steven Fletcher in the media today saying doctor advice over a long term knee injury means he doesn't play on artificial surfaces.

Who could've guessed...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz from me until you can show me some sort of data which contradicts the studies others have provided.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz from me until you can show me some sort of data which contradicts the studies others have provided.

For the fourth time, all I ever stated was that it would be doctors orders why Fletcher was out the squad. 

Maybe one day, you'll understand that incredibly simple thing.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who could've guessed...

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For the fourth time, all I ever stated was that it would be doctors orders why Fletcher was out the squad. 

Maybe one day, you'll understand that incredibly simple thing.

And all we've said is that these "doctors orders" aren't based on any factual evidence, as many have been able to show you in this thread.  I'm yet to see any evidence provided by you or Fletcher/McLean's doctor which makes me change that opinion.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

And all we've said is that these "doctors orders" aren't based on any factual evidence, as many have been able to show you in this thread.  I'm yet to see any evidence provided by you or Fletcher/McLean's doctor which makes me change that opinion.

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion.

Thread went...

Fletcher not in squad for injury reasons

Fletcher plays for club

People say hes pulled out as he cant be arsed 

I say some players get told not to play on artificial surfaces by their doctors

That's all there is too it. I've never once claimed its right or wrong, just that it happens, it's all you lot that have gone away on tangent about scientific studies and proof.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion.

Thread went...

Fletcher not in squad for injury reasons

Fletcher plays for club

People say hes pulled out as he cant be arsed 

I say some players get told not to play on artificial surfaces by their doctors

That's all there is too it. I've never once claimed its right or wrong, just that it happens, it's all you lot that have gone away on tangent about scientific studies and proof.

Don't give me that pish, your last post was quite clearly an "I told you so" comment. For someone who complained that he was receiving "3 pages of hounding and abuse" for pointing something out it seems weird to then come back on the same thread and try and continually point it out.

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Don't give me that pish, your last post was quite clearly an "I told you so" comment. For someone who complained that he was receiving "3 pages of hounding and abuse" for pointing something out it seems weird to then come back on the same thread and try and continually point it out.

Of course I'll gloat, I got hounded for something that wasnt even an opinion, so GIRU anyone who decided to try and attempt some moral crusade against anyone who criticises plastic pitches.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of course I'll gloat, I got hounded for something that wasnt even an opinion, so GIRU anyone who decided to try and attempt some moral crusade against anyone who criticises plastic pitches.

To be clear, you don't hold the opinion of the doctors that players with a history of injury shouldn't play on plastic pitches, but you're happy to get it right up anyone who doesn't agree with the doctors opinion, by sharing the doctors opinion continuously?

Archived