Squad face March

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reflects a lack of discipline and commitment in the squad when, on the back of the autumn shenanigans, you've got the goalkeeper retiring at short notice... 2 players not travelling citing the playing surface... and a principal striker being omitted for injury yet starting (and scoring) in 2 games in 4 days the week before.

Steven Fletcher scores again. Bugger all wrong with him :lol:.

Listened to sportsound the other night, Steven Thompson has been with Faddy basically said that Fletch couldn’t have played on AstroTurf because of injuries he’s had and is managing at the moment, so that ruled him out of Kazakhstan and basically the San Marino game we should have enough to get by them regardless of which striker plays upfront. So they told him to stay at home rest up.

Which probably is right enough, hopefully keep him fit enough for next two games. Where he’ll be vital to us.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Listened to sportsound the other night, Steven Thompson has been with Faddy basically said that Fletch couldn’t have played on AstroTurf because of injuries he’s had and is managing at the moment

Careful now, I tried to make the point this might be the case and got met with three pages of hounding and abuse.

Another MOTM performance by McGinn. Villa fans love the guy and are convinced a big offer from a EPL team will come in soon enough.

I think he's going to end up starting both games now. Need him to be a bit higher up the pitch though as he'll still make silly mistakes from time to time.

45 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Another MOTM performance by McGinn. Villa fans love the guy and are convinced a big offer from a EPL team will come in soon enough.

I think he's going to end up starting both games now. Need him to be a bit higher up the pitch though as he'll still make silly mistakes from time to time.

McGregor should be the main man in midfield, but I'd be happy enough to see any two of McTominay/McGinn/Armstrong alongside him.

What's the over/under on withdrawals this week? I'd go 7.5.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

McGregor should be the main man in midfield, but I'd be happy enough to see any two of McTominay/McGinn/Armstrong alongside him.

What's the over/under on withdrawals this week? I'd go 7.5.

I think we should play all of them.   

McTominay - McGinn 
Forrest - McGregor -Armstrong 

I've been watching Ollie Burke quite a lot since he's came back to Scotland.    He's essentially a greyhound with an excellent burst of pace and absolutely no peripheral awareness.    I can see quite a lot of Didier Agathe in him, which makes me wonder whether Burke might ( one day) be the answer to our RB/ RWB conundrum*

* I'm absolutely NOT suggesting Burke starts at RB next week. 

Liam Kelly's getting called up to replace Archer.

I'd consider Findlay if/when McKenna and Mulgrew pull out.

ETA: Findlay has indeed been called up - Archer, Bannan and Mulgrew out.

If McKenna pulls out, I imagine Halkett will also be in. Although I said this last time...

I don't think Kelly has been as good as of late as he was at the start of the season, so it's a surprising call up.

51 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If McKenna pulls out, I imagine Halkett will also be in. Although I said this last time...

I don't think Kelly has been as good as of late as he was at the start of the season, so it's a surprising call up.

No complaints about Kelly ahead of an injured Clark, or Findlay ahead of Kerr. But if Halkett is ahead of Kerr, I'll riot.

Archived