Squad face March

I can maybe see the following team:

Bain

Tierney - Mulgrew - McKenna - Robertson

Forrest - Armstrong - McTominay - McGinn - McGregor

McBurnie

I could also maybe see Tierney wide left with McGregor in the middle for McGinn and Palmer at right back.

And I could also maybe see Burke starting, maybe through the middle for McBurnie or maybe wide with McGregor in the middle and Tierney at right back.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Fraser should be told to put his boots on in Kazakhstan or not to bother turning up at all. "Bro science" BS about plastic pitches.

This Kazakhstan game is starting to feel Georgia-esque - we'll now have a week of moaning about the travel distance, kick off time, weather, time difference and, of course, the pitch, before the players cack their pants and lose 1-0.

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

I can maybe see the following team:

Bain

Tierney - Mulgrew - McKenna - Robertson

Forrest - Armstrong - McTominay - McGinn - McGregor

McBurnie

Put Burke in for McTominay and swap him with McGregor and that's what I think we'll line up.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Ryan Fraser should be told to put his boots on in Kazakhstan or not to bother turning up at all. "Bro science" BS about plastic pitches.

Whilst I agree it's bullshit, it seems like it's Bournemouth requesting he doesn't play rather than Fraser himself.  

This Kazakhstan game is starting to feel Georgia-esque - we'll now have a week of moaning about the travel distance, kick off time, weather, time difference and, of course, the pitch, before the players cack their pants and lose 1-0.

Some teams have 2 games before the Kazakhstan game so we can expect more call offs to come. That’s the most worrying thing for me as it stands our team looks quite good but we could have loads of call offs after the weekend games

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

This Kazakhstan game is starting to feel Georgia-esque - we'll now have a week of moaning about the travel distance, kick off time, weather, time difference and, of course, the pitch, before the players kazakh their pants and lose 1-0.

FTFY

Kazakhstan have announced their squad.

Goalkeepers: Stas Pokatilov (Kairat), Dmitro Nepogodov (Ordabasy), Igor Shatsky (Shakhtar)

Defenders: Abzal Beisebekov, Yuri Logvinenko, Dmitri Shomko, Yevgeny Postnikov (Astana), Yan Vorogovskiy, Eldos Akhmetov, Gafurzhan Suyumbayev (Kairat), Temirlan Erlanov, Sergey Malyy (Ordabasy)

Midfielders: Serikzhan Muzhikov, Yuri Pertsukh (Astana), Bauyrzhan Islamkhan, Islambek Kuat, Georgy Zhukov (Kairat), Baktiyer Zaynutdinov (Rostov, Russia), Maksim Fedin (Tobol), Alexander Merkel (Heracles, Holland)

Forwards: Roman Murtazayev (Astana), Aleksei Shchetkin (Ordabasy), Bauyrzhan Turysbek (Tobol), Erkebulan Seydahmet (Levski, Bulgaria).

They have lots of players whose name is hard to pronounce. 6-0 Kazakhstan.

Fraser must be up there as one of the least committed players in Scotland's recent history.

Constantly pulling out of squads for every minor thing possible, and then had the cheek to go on the official Scotland podcast and moan about not getting picked enough.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Fraser must be up there as one of the least committed players in Scotland's recent history.

Constantly pulling out of squads for every minor thing possible, and then had the cheek to go on the official Scotland podcast and moan about not getting picked enough.

Unfortunately he's probably our second or third best player so we need to pander to it. Given the second game is San Marino this time I'd be tempted to tell him to ram it.

Strange that he's been omitted. He should be starting against Kazakhstan.

McNulty or McBurnie are fine starting against San Marino. 

32 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:
3 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:
Barring the impending withdrawls I'd line up like this.
LINEUP111552412538403.thumb.png.ea843a7d055ad388c04b988d7249d7f7.png

Swap Mulgrew for Bates and I'd agree.

I was thinking of doing that for San Marino, along with Fraser in for Burke and maybe McGinn for Armstrong as he's not played much.

Archived