Squad face March

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, if you make a c**t of your first game, you're up against it immediately.  A 10 game league means you need to win every game.  Well at least 7 of them.

And it's not like us to do that, is it?

Eh, Craig?

No, definitely not, Craig

In fact, looking back through our opening day results is fucking harrowing.  We pummeled Malta last time, and the Faroes for 2008 qualifying, and a narrow 1-0 win over Latvia for 2002 but other than that...

0-0 Serbia
0-0 Lithuania
0-1 Slovenia
1-2 Germany
0-1 Macedonia
2-2 Faroes

Fucking hell.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seen Liam Palmer play a number of times this season and in previous ones.
Very much a confidence player. Going through a good bit of form at the moment and right back is his best and most natural position. However one of these players who makes calamitous mistakes and when not playing well is usually the worst in the team and making errors all over the place. Always found him to be very inconsistent- great one game and then awful the next which would explain why he is in and out the Sheff Wed team most seasons.
As mentioned he is going through a fairly consistent good spell and we are short on natural right backs. Given the opposition in the next two games,  I dont think its a bad call up and should provide adequate back up. 
Ill be astounded if he is a player who will reach over 10 caps though 

He’s 27 now and obviously realised there’s no chance of an England call up so will be quite happy with this I’d imagine.

6 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

He’s 27 now and obviously realised there’s no chance of an England call up so will be quite happy with this I’d imagine.

Yawn. He played for Scotland Under 19s and Under 21s, so has always been in the Scotland system. 

I'm a big fan of McNulty, but that forward line looks weak. Fletcher/Christie have to be injured I assume? Morgan's not a centre forward, McBurnie's not international class. 

Squad makes me nervous. I'd take a point in Kazakhstan now.

A few interesting selections in amongst the squad. Gordon, Patterson & Fletcher are the more notable absentees but I don’t think many could argue with those that have been picked. Biggest eyebrow raiser for me is McNulty though, but why not? We’re struggling up top and probably don’t have an outstanding candidate available.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

A few interesting selections in amongst the squad. Gordon, Patterson & Fletcher are the more notable absentees but I don’t think many could argue with those that have been picked. Biggest eyebrow raiser for me is McNulty though, but why not? We’re struggling up top and probably don’t have an outstanding candidate available.

Paterson is in it.

1 minute ago, Killie87 said:

Does McLean get regular games for Norwich ??

Been out injured for majority of season but has started their last few games and got a couple of goals and assists for them.

Lewis Morgan is a strange one. 
Looks like a strong squad, though. I'm happy about the quality of team that we can put together. 

Does it? I think it’s as poor a squad as I’ve seen for a while.

I can see a point in Kazakhstan, which will basically end our campaign before it starts

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Does it? I think it’s as poor a squad as I’ve seen for a while.

I can see a point in Kazakhstan, which will basically end our campaign before it starts

I think there are some very mediocre players in there, but there's a strong team to pick out of that. It's a long way from where I want it to be, but the options are, on the whole, better than last year. Plenty of pace and intensity in there. 

I can think of much worse squads in recent times. 

Archived