Squad face March

8 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

Cannae have it any later - 9pm over there is late enough!

I agree with your 3 keepers. McGregor starts, he can't not take Bain given his recent form. and i think he'll take Gorodn for his experience.

If rumours are true, Snodgrass chucked the toys out and had a major go at McLeish whne he was told he wasn't starting in Israel.... if so, doubt he'll make the squad. Reckon you are 2 defenders light as well. I'd be amazed if he doesn't take Mulgrew.

Burke may be the one that breaks in. Would like to see Fleck included as well.

It literally takes a split second to google Robert Snodgrass and Scotland to find out why he's been in and out of the squad.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Really hope we drop Mulgrew. We’ve better options.

Looked slugglish and generally poor in his last few Blackburn games after returning from injury. Still think he offers something and it's just a blip in form so wouldn't really mind him being in the squad but not starting.

Watched Mulgrew on Sunday. Couldn’t deal with any ball in the air, seemed happy for the ball to bounce before remembering he was meant to be clearing it. Certainly time to phase him out the National set up.

Definitely time for him to slope away, I was quite shocked when McLeish chose him over Berra to be the experience in the back line.

2 hours ago, Rabinho said:

Definitely time for him to slope away, I was quite shocked when McLeish chose him over Berra to be the experience in the back line.

Berra is inching closer and closer to the glue factory with every passing week. Mulgrew still has more to offer - he's fitter, more versatile and a better footballer.

Mctominay man of March today and Bates scores for Hamburg in a 2-1 defeat. Hopefully mctominay keeps his place for the next game
Motm? Missed that - that's some turnaround considering he has only had a few minutes game time over the last while.
Be great if he emerged as a first pick in the Ole revolution.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The Under 21 squad has just been announced so fingers crossed the full squad will follow over the next couple of days.

No Burke in u21s so almost certain he'll be recalled to the full squad

Jason Kerr, Stevie Mallan, Eamonn Brophy, Oliver Burke, Greg Taylor not in Scotland U21s squad but who possible in Scotland senior 

Burke only one likely, like Jason Kerr probably as much right to be in squad as Mikey Devlin, Brophy another one would much rather see him in squad than McBurnie.

10 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

The under 21s squad is terrible.   You go through peeks and troughs with the national team, the 21's squad is as bad as ive seen in 15 years, 

The u19s is the best i’ve seen in about 30 years. 

11 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Jason Kerr, Stevie Mallan, Eamonn Brophy, Oliver Burke, Greg Taylor not in Scotland U21s squad but who possible in Scotland senior 

can maybe see Oli Burke sneaking in to the squad, but the others you've mentioned are nowhere near!

I'd love to see Kerr in the squad (us diddy fans need to fanboi our ex-loanees instead of our own players for the national side) but it's probably not going to happen yet. Might be a bit early, and the anti-St Johnstone bias will of course shine through as always. Wouldn't be surprised if Burke was back in. Brophy and Mallan not for me tbh, and I doubt Taylor will be in simply because of the left back situation. 

Archived