• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

We should be doing everything we can to get Che Adams on board.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eamon Brophy getting a call up this time round.

The real question is, how many St Johnstone players will be included? I’m going for one. 

Scotland squad

Keeper

Bain (Celtic)

Kelly (Livingston)

Clark (St Johnstone)

Defender:

Tierney (Celtic)

Robertson (Liverpool)

O'Donnell (Kilmarnock)

Tait (Motherwell)

McKenna (Aberdeen)

M.Wallace (Milwall)/Halkett(Livingston)

Bates (Hamburg)

Souttar (Hearts)

Midfielder:

Campbell (Motherwell)

Ferguson (Aberdeen)

McGregor (Celtic)

Armstrong (Celtic)

Turnbull (Motherwell)

Christie (Celtic)

Forrest (Celtic)

Fraser (Bournemouth)

Hastie (Motherwell)

GMS (Aberdeen)

Striker:

Burke (Celtic with Loan for WBA)

McBurnie (Swansea City)

Naismith (Hearts)

Brophy (Kilmarnock)

McGregor
Bain
Clark

Tierney
Robertson
O’Donnell
Bates
Soutter
Mulgrew
McKenna

Christie
McGregor
Armstrong
Fraser
McGinn
Forrest
Phillips
Snodgrass
Patterson
Shinnie

McBurnie
Burke
Naismith
Fletcher

Adams would be in but can’t see us getting him

Just now, skippy2015 said:

McGregor
Bain
Clark

Tierney
Robertson
O’Donnell
Bates
Soutter
Mulgrew
McKenna

Christie
McGregor
Armstrong
Fraser
McGinn
Forrest
Phillips
Snodgrass
Patterson
Shinnie

McBurnie
Burke
Naismith
Fletcher

Adams would be in but can’t see us getting him

Where Hastie, Kelly, Halkett, Brophy, Turnbull, Tait, Campbell, Ferguson, GMS, M.Wallace and Clark?

Kazakhstan will be a tough trip. Not because they're any great shakes, but it's way out in Central Asia and it's the kind of place we tend to struggle. Having said that, our wins in Lithuania and Albania over the last couple of years have strengthened my faith in us getting away wins against teams we "should" beat so hopefully we can carry that momentum into the game in Astana.

San Marino we should be looking to absolutely pump rotten, they're an absolute gang and most of them would genuinely struggle to get a game in Scottish league 2. We should look to at least put 4 or 5 past them as a confidence booster and to build some goal difference, albeit goal difference will only matter if we end up with both the same points as someone and a tied head-to-head record (wouldn't surprise me if this happens between us and Russia with us both losing to Belgium twice, 2 draws or a win each against each other, and maximum points from the other 6 games)

10 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Where Hastie, Kelly, Halkett, Brophy, Turnbull, Tait, Campbell, Ferguson, GMS, M.Wallace and Clark?

Other than Clark and perhaps GMS, there are far better options for all of those players.

Several of those players will never play for Scotland.

51 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Other than Clark and perhaps GMS, there are far better options for all of those players.

Several of those players will never play for Scotland.

Too early for some and others aren’t good enough. 

What more have Lawrence Shankland and Stephen Dobbie got to do to get a call up?

Play in a better league.

55 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

What more have Lawrence Shankland and Stephen Dobbie got to do to get a call up?

Be better players?

Really looking forward to the away double header next month. Can't see the squad being massively different from the squads from the Nations League. Oli Burke is probably the only one really pushing to break in.

McGregor
Gordon
Bain

McKenna
Souttar
Bates
Robertson
Tierney
O'Donnell

Armstrong
McGregor
Christie
McGinn
McTominay
Forrest
Fraser
Snodgrass

Fletcher
Burke
McBurnie
Naismith

Few spaces free for a wildcard - maybe Harper or Adams

Shite that the game is on a Thursday at 3pm. Means a half day and probably the next day off too if - as anticipated - I get pished to watch the game and carry on relentlessly after it.

14 hours ago, skippy2015 said:

Clark

15 hours ago, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

Scotland squad

Keeper

Clark (St Johnstone)

Disgusting.Mods, plz? 

11 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

If anyone from St. Johnstone gets anywhere near the squad then I am done with the national team for the foreseeable. 

Bazza kens the score.

Edited by gannonball

Clarks injured just now, so no guarantee he'd even be fit.

Having seen Bain in the three games against us, and against Kilmarnock, he deserves to be selected ahead of him. McGregor is a c**t, but is also a better keeper.

Then down to whoever you fancy out of Gordon and McLaughlin probably, no idea how McLaughlin is doing at Sunderland.

Jason Kerr is the one I'll be annoyed about being ignored this time, I imagine. He completely outshone McKenna in the last meeting between the two, and is regularly strolling games these days, Defoe struggled to even get a touch on Saturday. Him, Souttar, McKenna and Bates is surely worth a go as the four CB options, can't think of anyone obvious who's missing out there.

Goalkeepers

Bain

Clark

McGregor

Defenders

O'Donnell

Bates/Cooper/Kerr (two of)

McKenna

Mulgrew

Souttar

Robertson

Tierney

Midfielders

Forrest

Snodgrass

Armstrong

Christie

McCrorie

McGinn

McGregor

Paterson

Fraser

Forwards

Fletcher

McBurnie

Naismith

Obvs still more than a month to go so a lot can change, but these things are fun to do.

Tierney and Souttar for Paterson and Bates would be the only changes I'd make to the starting XI that played against Albania and Israel. I'm still unconvinced by that midfield in a defensive sense though.

18 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

McGregor
Gordon
Bain

McKenna
Souttar
Bates
Robertson
Tierney
O'Donnell

Armstrong
McGregor
Christie
McGinn
McTominay
Forrest
Fraser
Snodgrass

Fletcher
Burke
McBurnie
Naismith

Few spaces free for a wildcard - maybe Harper or Adams

Shite that the game is on a Thursday at 3pm. Means a half day and probably the next day off too if - as anticipated - I get pished to watch the game and carry on relentlessly after it.

Cannae have it any later - 9pm over there is late enough!

I agree with your 3 keepers. McGregor starts, he can't not take Bain given his recent form. and i think he'll take Gorodn for his experience.

If rumours are true, Snodgrass chucked the toys out and had a major go at McLeish whne he was told he wasn't starting in Israel.... if so, doubt he'll make the squad. Reckon you are 2 defenders light as well. I'd be amazed if he doesn't take Mulgrew.

Burke may be the one that breaks in. Would like to see Fleck included as well.