St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 23rd February 2019

Cant wait until the Summer window when we'll get Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs fans all claiming they're signing Kerr for £200k, tbh.

He won’t be wasting his time with any of that lot, heading down south to a Championship club at least and a pay packet none of them could dream of paying.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

He won’t be wasting his time with any of that lot, heading down south to a Championship club at least and a pay packet none of them could dream of paying.

Well good for him if he does. First time I’ve seen him, got good attributes.

Apart from the actual game!  That rated as the worst group of officials I have witnessed at a game for 50years!  When a linesman ( all he has to do is put his flag up FFS) is sleeping when the ball is 1 foot (300mm for the younger generation) across the line  and he misses it ??? 

59 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I don’t have a problem with it, it’s just very strange behaviour and makes you one for the watching. 

Iv also been to Kelty Hearts hospitality and would have went to a Tenerife home game in January but they were away from home when I was there.

practically puts me on the MI5 list.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen bits of this on a stream, what a brutal, brutal game of football.

We've absolutely nothing when Kennedy is being marked out the game.

Really enjoyed the game. Shit to lose it but both teams went toe to toe, end to end and the only difference between us was composure in front of goal. We had our chances and got in great areas but didn't do enough.

At the back Tanser and Kerr (who made 3 outstanding blocks/tackles) played very well. Foster, for about the 7th game in a row, was  honking. He needs some pressure for his position.

Midfield were competitive but I feel that Goss may be a luxury, he can't even do the basics in defending properly and gives us a soft centre. Wand of a left foot and a great passer but we need a dog to sit patrolling on behind if he's in the team.

Up top Kane was Kane. Tries hard, causes problems but zero impact. Still no goals this season and another game with no shot on target. Kennedy did well at times and was our only real threat. Will be disappointed for the goal but he lost it 60 yards from goal, we should be able to recover. 

Fair play to Aberdeen. Nice balance of high press, persistant fouling, fast incisive breaks and clinical forward play. I'd be delighted as a Don's fan with that for an away performance.

3 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

Really enjoyed the game. Shit to lose it but both teams went toe to toe, end to end and the only difference between us was composure in front of goal. We had our chances and got in great areas but didn't do enough.

At the back Tanser and Kerr (who made 3 outstanding blocks/tackles) played very well. Foster, for about the 7th game in a row, was  honking. He needs some pressure for his position.

Midfield were competitive but I feel that Goss may be a luxury, he can't even do the basics in defending properly and gives us a soft centre. Wand of a left foot and a great passer but we need a dog to sit patrolling on behind if he's in the team.

Up top Kane was Kane. Tries hard, causes problems but zero impact. Still no goals this season and another game with no shot on target. Kennedy did well at times and was our only real threat. Will be disappointed for the goal but he lost it 60 yards from goal, we should be able to recover. 

Fair play to Aberdeen. Nice balance of high press, persistant fouling, fast incisive breaks and clinical forward play. I'd be delighted as a Don's fan with that for an away performance.

A lot of good, fair comments. At times it was end to end and definitely could have been more goals. I had a bet on 1-3 and it could have easily been that.

Decent enough game to watch although there were a few poor passages of play when they ball was humped in the air or out for a throw that you wouldn’t see in some other countries.

Surprised to see some mentions of our fouling when it seemed to me more the other way so had a look at the stats. Didn't think  it was a dirty game on the whole but Saints had more than double the fouls we did.Screenshot_20190223-211327.thumb.jpg.30b3a956128fffe3c65a14d7ebcdb1c4.jpg

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

I actually thought it was quite a dirty game at times, with Saints the main culprit. Foster and Goss (I think,) both had bad tackles in the space of five minutes in the first half that inexplicably never yielded a booking. Foster especially was pretty nasty with his and my first instinct was he was lucky to stay on the pitch, and a few others said the same. 

In saying that, for the most part it erred on the side of hard rather than dirty. Good battle and the sort of game it’s always difficult to come out on the losing side. 

Foster's were about the only ones that stood out for me in the game. Besides that it seemed fairly typical of the kinds of fouls you get in a game involving these two sides.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant wait until the Summer window when we'll get Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs fans all claiming they're signing Kerr for £200k, tbh.

Not one Aberdeen fan knows, or actually gives a shit, about this Kerr guy. 

1 hour ago, Broon_100 said:

Agree with a lot of what hat you said Broon, especially this. I think Goss looks a very talented player and can ping some great passes, but we don't seem to be able to pick too many creative/ attacking players or we struggle defensively, and given the choice I'd rather we used one further forward, e.g. Alston or Kennedy off the striker, or a more attack minded wide player.

Thought Alston played really well when he came on at Ibrox last week, and he turned the game when he came on at Pittodrie, so would have liked to have seen him come on today.

26 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I actually think we don't foul enough, we've committed less fouls than any team (Inc Celtic) this season.

They'll have had far more possession than us too.

That's been a factor all season. There was a moment in the second half when our attack broke down and Aberdeen countered on us.   Goss and one other just had the chance to pull the player back around the halfway line and take the booking to allow us to get back and set up, but both let the Aberdeen player run through unopposed.

Thought Shinnie was magnificent. At 27, playing like that, if he gets an offer from the English Championship he’ll be off, no doubt. And rightly so.

Kerr gets better every time I watch him. I’ve come around to those who say he’s a better ball player than McKenna. Kerr’s cultured. He’ll go far.

Not long back after the farce of cancelled trains to Glasgow so not read the thread yet. So here are my thoughts.

Really enjoyed that game. Got narky at various stages which budged the fans into something that could resemble an atmosphere.

Saints were unlucky to be down at break. Thought they broke well and looked dangerous at corners etc.

Sympathy for them left me after the brutal tackles on GMS whom they booed and the blatant elbow on McLennan that had my son saying “I even heard it from here” in the stand.

Shinnie excellent, Ferguson unreal for a 19yo.

But

Special mention to 2 players who are subject to the boos and moans who were exceptional today, Ball and Considine.

As for Saints, in 1st half thought Kane was niggly and a nuisance in a positive way, thought your LB (Tanser ?) was very good. You didn’t deserve to be a goal down at the break. Actually thought that was the best I’ve seen you play whenever I’ve been to Perth.

Archived