St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 23rd February 2019

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I take it Aberdeen's your big team?

Haha

’used to go to Aberdeen games when I was a youngster with my dad. 

Didnt really know a thing about Cowden til I was around 14, which kind of highlights a complete lack of interaction between Cowden and the local primary schools and community at the time, which is sad.

anyway have gone to Cowden games ever since as it’s my local team but still go to Aberdeen games on occasion. It’s only 30 mins away to mcdairmid so this is a good game to catch as our season is over. I also don’t like going to Edinburgh city away as they play at Spartans and it’s shit. Last time I was there the game was getting stopped while a ball from the next pitch was bouncing across the park. I also detest driving into Edinburgh as traffic can be horrendous at times.

then of course there’s the Greg Stewart factor, my favourite ever Cowden player. Really hoping he hits a hot streak with Aberdeen.

Hope this is ok with you mate?

11 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Arethere not still tickets for the West Stand ?

There were spaces at the previous game there this season (and that was with a full stand shut cos of a burst pipe)

Got to applaud Saints, now go to every game there as the tickets only cost £16 in total for my 9yo and I. Kids go free on trains, so all makes for a Tremendous (and cheap) day out emoji106.png

Have scotrail not stopped the kids go free deal?

Have scotrail not stopped the kids go free deal?

Ah they must have. I’ve just booked mine for tomorrow and noticed it was £8.30 for him.

But still coming in under £45 from Glasgow to Perth for tickets and travel is good value.

10 hours ago, big al said:

Haha

’used to go to Aberdeen games when I was a youngster with my dad. 

Didnt really know a thing about Cowden til I was around 14, which kind of highlights a complete lack of interaction between Cowden and the local primary schools and community at the time, which is sad.

anyway have gone to Cowden games ever since as it’s my local team but still go to Aberdeen games on occasion. It’s only 30 mins away to mcdairmid so this is a good game to catch as our season is over. I also don’t like going to Edinburgh city away as they play at Spartans and it’s shit. Last time I was there the game was getting stopped while a ball from the next pitch was bouncing across the park. I also detest driving into Edinburgh as traffic can be horrendous at times.

then of course there’s the Greg Stewart factor, my favourite ever Cowden player. Really hoping he hits a hot streak with Aberdeen.

Hope this is ok with you mate?

Tis not for me to judge but thanks for fully explaining why Aberdeen are indeed your big team while a yes would have obviously sufficed. :thumsup2

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Tis not for me to judge but thanks for fully explaining why Aberdeen are indeed your big team while a yes would have obviously sufficed. :thumsup2

Big team as in bigger size of club, then that’s a bit obvious.

big team as in bigger personal involvement, way off the mark.

anyway, hope you get pumped, although have a feeling it’s a very tough game for Aberdeen.

Dundees failure last night makes this a huge game, lose and the top five is gone.

I wont be there, and I'm never usually at Pittodrie when we scud them, so theres a wee positive thought for folk.

All the chat about how great our CBs have been this season, over the past week, worries me, usually ends with a horrible error.

7 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hearing O’Shaughnessy will be rested as a mark of respect for Aberdeen 

Class from Saints 

I heard he's playing a half for either side, like Pele did in his last game for NY Cosmos v Santos.

They might even bring a table and chair onto the park at half time for him to 'officially' sign his PCA, to warm applause from all sides of the ground.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

I heard he's playing a half for either side, like Pele did in his last game for NY Cosmos v Santos.

They might even bring a table and chair onto the park at half time for him to 'officially' sign his PCA, to warm applause from all sides of the ground.

Pure class ♥️

On 22/02/2019 at 01:18, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Really !!??  you must have a pretty empty life if you count that as an achievement ya sad f**k :lol: Are you an Ed Sheeran fan by any chance 

Ya sad t@&ser , tbf it would be better than being a Saints fan and that’s  saying something...........

Archived