St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 23rd February 2019

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit defensive m8, I'm saying in terms of comparing games against Celtic, and Rangers at Ibrox, that Aberdeen at McDiarmid isn't exactly a worrying prospect. 

I understand that but maybe we just have different mindsets when it comes to supporting our teams 

I worry whoever the Dons play 

The mid-late 90s/2009-13 eras left scars that don’t heal 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll just line up and set up the same way as we did on Saturday, barring a miracle and Clark makes it back from injury. 

No reason we can't pick up a result here if we play to our potential, especially if we have Kennedy running at Dominic Ball.

23 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Going with points so far our home record is 1 point better than our away form (24pts at home  & 23 points away - although played 2 extra games at home).  

Aberdeen and St Johnstone have the most wins away from home this season.  

Not doubting that, but wasn't our last defeat away to Motherwell at the end of November? All wins on the road since then, unless you count the league cup final.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Tough call.

Whilst I agree Watt is a far better footballer, and Kane can be hugely frustrating with his, at times, poor first touch and constant falling over, he was very effective at Ibrox and played a big part in a few of our chances.

For me, we need to get back to players keeping a starting jersey If they play well to build form, so Kane to start.

It might well be similar to the game in December where we try to keep it tight for 65 minutes or so, then throw on a couple out of Alston/ Swanson/ Watt/ MOH (if fit) and tear them apart.

Shame McKenna isn't playing, as in the game at Pittodrie Kerr completely outshone him.  Would be good to see them on the same park again as a comparison, and a gauge of what Kerr is worth if McKenna is going to be sold for £8m or so.

I couldn't bring myself to have Kane on the park and Watt on the bench, if the only real reason is consistency and to give ourselves an impact sub. But I'd not be either surprised or all that bothered if it happened. I do want to see MOH from the start on the opposite wing to Matty as I reckon a depleted Aberdeen back 4 would struggle with that. 

Tbf, Kane has contributed more than Watt since the break, in terms of assists and overall play, neither contributing any goals obviously.

We need another striker in the Summer whether Watt stays or goes.

13 minutes ago, Jute said:

Only time I have seen the reserves play this season it was Miko Virtanen who played at right back but think he is usually a central midfielder.

I think he was joking, McInnes doesn't play youths unless he literally has no other option.

Kane starting this one, hes well overdue a goal, and he does love Aberdeen...

st-johnstone.thumb.jpg.74a5eaf3023e9098253ff175408bd2d0.jpg

Ruining Russell Anderson's farewell, and firing us into Europe yet again :wub:

Archived