Celtic v Motherwell

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Swello said:

We've won 6 on the bounce and so are under as little pressure - and in as good shape as we'll ever be - for this, it's a free hit basically. Celtic are playing well and so our chances of getting anything are pretty minimal, so why not continue to play the young team and have a fucking go?

I have lots of happy memories of Izzaguire waving bye-bye to Chris Humphrey and generally being shite back in the McCall days - any chance of him getting a start? If so, 3-0 'Well (Hastie(2), Ariyibi)) :)

Someone never watched their matches against Valencia or Kilmarnock....:unsure2:

4 hours ago, MJC said:

Fear a pumping on Sunday as Celtic seem to have found their feet.

0-6

Nice of you to give Motherwell the win since we are the away team lol but in all seriousness our youngsters wont be fazed by Celtic,  this is a essentially a free hit for us, we aren't expected to do anything and if we do then its a win win situation for us as well.

Celtic will put in yet another embarrassing European performance in Valencia tonight.  Why does Rodgers not get pulled up more about his woeful European record?

Anyway, Celtic will come back, flex their muscles on the domestic front, beat us by three of four and pretend they are a big club again.

I'm looking forward to the Killie game in midweek.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Celtic will put in yet another embarrassing European performance in Valencia tonight.  Why does Rodgers not get pulled up more about his woeful European record?

Anyway, Celtic will come back, flex their muscles on the domestic front, beat us by three of four and pretend they are a big club again.

^^^ Pretty much this.

I've seen this movie before. Team on a "good run" pitch up at Parkhead and get bodied into another dimension. Hearts had only lost one game all season (including a win against Celtic at Tynecastle) they end up with Celtic giving them 5.

Same with Killie, 1 loss in 11 and Celtic beat them 5-1.

It'll be no surprise if similar happens if similar happens with us. Absolutely buzzing for the #RobinsonOut hot takes when it does.

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

I'm looking forward to the Killie game in midweek.

I asked one of my Celtic supporting pals that and he was practically foaming at the mouth trying to defend him. Brodge is chronic in Europe. Fair enough freak results happen like getting 4 or 5 goal doing, but I can think of a fair few games where they've conceded 5, 6 & 7 goals in a game. 

The PSG game in particular was ridiculous as they still seemingly wanted to play high pressing football which just opened the floodgates at the back. 

8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I asked one of my Celtic supporting pals that and he was practically foaming at the mouth trying to defend him. Brodge is chronic in Europe. Fair enough freak results happen like getting 4 or 5 goal doing, but I can think of a fair few games where they've conceded 5, 6 & 7 goals in a game. 

The PSG game in particular was ridiculous as they still seemingly wanted to play high pressing football which just opened the floodgates at the back. 

It's mental how bad it is.  Of course, you can't compare it to the O'Neill era when he had a genuine world class player in Larsson and a squad full of players who cost a fair whack of money.

Rodgers is what, 1 win in 12 Champions League group games?  Think back to Strachan's days.  Constantly competing in the Group Stages, getting to the Last 16, beating Man Utd, AC Milan (when they were a proper side) etc.  That's with a squad containing the likes of Steven Pressley, Barry Robson, Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell and Scott McDonald.  Not exactly spending fortunes either.  Rodgers is up against Valencia in the 2nd tier European competition and decides to leave his £9m striker on the bench and plays an on-loan West Brom winger up there instead.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

It's mental how bad it is.  Of course, you can't compare it to the O'Neill era when he had a genuine world class player in Larsson and a squad full of players who cost a fair whack of money.

Rodgers is what, 1 win in 12 Champions League group games?  Think back to Strachan's days.  Constantly competing in the Group Stages, getting to the Last 16, beating Man Utd, AC Milan (when they were a proper side) etc.  That's with a squad containing the likes of Steven Pressley, Barry Robson, Paul Hartley, Gary Caldwell and Scott McDonald.  Not exactly spending fortunes either.  Rodgers is up against Valencia in the 2nd tier European competition and decides to leave his £9m striker on the bench and plays an on-loan West Brom winger up there instead.

Aye agree with you on that. The fawning over Rodgers in the Scottish media completely overlooks how woeful they have been in Europe under him.

Their performance against against Valencia at Celtic park was eye watering it was so bad. They'll still pump us mind. 

Just now, Desp said:

Even Lennon got some good results by at least trying to keep things tight and play from there. 

Don't get me wrong, they'll likely still cuff us at the weekend but we might as well have a go at them.

In the current Scottish Footballing climate, it isn't outwith the realms of possibility that Harvey Price could manage Celtic to the league title, after all,  the simpletons, simpleton, Neil Fucking Lennon managed it. So the fella that has a fancy for a tranny or two, winning the league given everything he has at his disposal, versus the rest of the competitors isn't one bit impressive. 

He'll see his team boabied again in Europe tomorrow, and no doubt bounce back to flat-track bully their way through another victorious 90mins against a Club with a tiny fraction of there wherewithal, and the Harveys in the Cellic support will lap it up.

Big questions for me though are, will we see a pitch invasion from the home support any stage, and/or will there be any seats annihilated in their over-exuberance??? 

My only hope for this one is we don't go and make wholesale changes, I was very vocal about that in December, but it could have made sense when taking into account the bigger picture (although it obviously didn't work out as we hoped).

The team are full of confidence, we go there and lose then it's expected, but this is a big stage for the players to show what they ca do - they are more than capable of putting in a good showing too.

Difficult week ahead with Killie three days later, but it'll be those tests that prove how good this team are. My current thoughts are we are in very good shape and the potential to keep improving is absolutely there, but we' have had a favourable run of fixtures too - some big challenges lie ahead. 

Archived