Celtic v Motherwell

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If you're that fussed about sportmanship then how the other team acted would have no bearing on what you then choose to do.

Now you're just making stuff up. If the opposition take advantage of the unwritten rules of sportsmanship you stop adhering to them so that they don't gain an unfair advantage. 

Just now, The OP said:

Now you're just making stuff up. If the opposition take advantage of the unwritten rules of sportsmanship you stop adhering to them so that they don't gain an unfair advantage. 

Just admit Motherwell were wrong. Then Celtic were wrong and then you can move on.

The defend Celtic at all costs mentality that most Celtic fans have is nauseating. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

No, Merkland is right.  

If you're going to preach sportsmanship then you have to apply it regardless of whether you feel wronged. At least if you want to maintain your moral high ground, which is clearly quite important to Celtic.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Just admit Motherwell were wrong. Then Celtic were wrong and then you can move on.

The defend Celtic at all costs mentality that most Celtic fans have is nauseating. 

If any team other than Celtic (or Rangers) were on the receiving end of this Motherwell would be getting a lot less benefit of the doubt. That much is clear. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

If any team other than Celtic (or Rangers) were on the receiving end of this Motherwell would be getting a lot less benefit of the doubt. That much is clear. 

If any team other than Celtic (or Rangers) were on the receiving end of this in a game they won 4-1, you wouldn't have even heard anything about it. That much is clear. 

So, if Motherwell were wrong to take advantage of the unwritten rules of sportsmanship, do you agree Celtic were too?

I don't even think he made a mistake in terms of judging whether he should do it or not. I just don't think he's got the slightest clue what's going on or that it was a "giving the ball back" situation. You can actually see him looking up wondering why no-one's chasing him.

Not a chance he thinks that's anything other than a normal throw-in at the time.

17 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Celtic are scum.
Always fucking have been.
They can hide behind their good causes and thinking they are some sort of millennial social justice warriors.
They are fucking scum. I don't think anyone believes otherwise they have just been lucky Rangers have been scummier since 2012 it's taken them out of the scum show slightly.

EE403724-5351-4893-A8DA-E42F7FF64C53.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Always cheated, never defeated.

We weren't defeated. We beat Motherwell 4-1 and thoroughly enjoyed it because of the shenanigans. They still conducted themselves badly. Trying to equate a contested dropped ball to getting in behind a defence and getting a shot away because the opposition assume you are giving the ball back is madness. 

59 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

And a point on that, the referee stopped the game for that while we were in possession of the ball. Celtic then decided to contest that drop ball, which was a completely different situation to how we scored our goal. Where was the sportsmanship in that case?

In direct response to the scum baggery that went on for your goal.

Your team was also well aware that we were going to contest every drop ball which meant there was no Celtic player running through on goal uncontested!

Anyway, in the end a pumping was dealt out, only pity is you ratbags scored the only way you were ever going to score.

13 minutes ago, The OP said:

We weren't defeated. We beat Motherwell 4-1 and thoroughly enjoyed it because of the shenanigans. They still conducted themselves badly. Trying to equate a contested dropped ball to getting in behind a defence and getting a shot away because the opposition assume you are giving the ball back is madness. 

I didn't say they were equal. I said it lacks sportsmanship which is what Motherwell are being slated for. 

12 minutes ago, RPHG said:

In direct response to the scum baggery that went on for your goal.

Your team was also well aware that we were going to contest every drop ball which meant there was no Celtic player running through on goal uncontested!

Anyway, in the end a pumping was dealt out, only pity is you ratbags scored the only way you were ever going to score.

You probably genuinely believe that to be the case too.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I didn't say they were equal. I said it lacks sportsmanship which is what Motherwell are being slated for. 

You probably genuinely believe that to be the case too.

Correct, I was at the game (which I presume you were not), every drop ball was contested (after the scum baggery). I'm not sure what other evidence you want other than that? 

Just now, RPHG said:

Correct, I was at the game (which I presume you were not), every drop ball was contested (after the scum baggery). I'm not sure what other evidence you want other than that? 

I'd argue the case it's not "well they might try that again" and more "fucking cheating b*****ds" and in their mind giving Motherwell a taste of their own medicine.

It's certainly how I probably would have felt when I played.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd argue the case it's not "well they might try that again" and more "fucking cheating b*****ds" and in their mind giving Motherwell a taste of their own medicine.

It's certainly how I probably would have felt when I played.

Apologies if that was your point.

I completely agree it was nothing to do with them trying it again (most of the drop balls were in the Motherwell half if I remember correctly), defo just a case of f**k them, and I'd imagine it'll be this way against them from now on.

We did what Motherwell did against Dundee at Dens in 2009, only hit the bar though and out for a goal kick.  The seethe from the Derry was succulent however.

Its funny the whole thing reminds me of when Celtic did something very similar to us in extra time of a cup tie. 

We put the ball out so peter grant could get treatment for cramp to sporting applause from the parkhead faithful. Post treatment they took the throw to themselves and scored. 

8 minutes ago, RPHG said:

defo just a case of f**k them, and I'd imagine it'll be this way against them from now on.

This is amazing.  You do get the feeling there will be some in the Celtic support happy about all of this.

As I said earlier, with Celtic being the dominant, establishment club these days, some will be happy they've been thrown a bone with this.  A chance to play the hard done by card.  Poor wee victims once more.

For a club who are on course to win their third consecutive domestic treble, this is some going. 

A Club Like No Other, indeed... :whistle

Archived