Celtic v Motherwell

I suppose it's been a while. 
Considering Celtic are winning everything and becoming the establishment club, it must have been nice for the fans to pick up the victim baton for a wee bit once again.
Oh dear or dear.

I'll leave you to your seething.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What a storm in a teacup :lol:

Celtic fans are guilty of their normal faux outrage (I was listening on the radio at the time and the seethe was wonderful) but let's not pretend Motherwell are in the right here.  It's a cuntish move and I'll happily admit I'd be utterly seething if it happened to Aberdeen.  I'd be willing to bet if Motherwell had done it to any team other than Celtic or Rangers there wouldn't be this clamour to justify it.  Similarly we'd probably hear f**k all about it.

Move on people, it finished 4-1.

It's probably not helped by Celtic staff mewling all over the media about someone "lacking class", when their own support cheered and applauded a player being carried off with concussion. 

At least Gerrard criticises his own support.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Oh dear or dear.

I'll leave you to your seething.

When all you have to respond with is "calm down" or "seething", you're just showing you have nothing to offer in response.

You're usually better at this, Romeo.  I take you're getting as bored as the rest of your support?

1 minute ago, Desp said:

When all you have to respond with is "calm down" or "seething", you're just showing you have nothing to offer in response.

You're usually better at this, Romeo. [1] I take you're getting as bored as the rest of your support?

[1] Citation needed. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

It's mental isn't it. No one I know is really bothered.

This is just a cover for the utter pumping they got. We shouldn't be bothered with bottom 6 pish like this.

Yeah just about every Celtic fan on here said it was shitebaggery but it made a great game and they got what they deserved in the end. I even said if it happened on Thursday and we went through I would be taking it. Yet for some reason some roaster decided to mention how much of a hypocrite Chris Sutton to me and how he was involved in some game over TWENTY years ago had an incident that wasnt even really the same as ours :lol:

Past few pages from Motherwell and some other fans have made hilarious reading.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic fans are guilty of their normal faux outrage (I was listening on the radio at the time and the seethe was wonderful) but let's not pretend Motherwell are in the right here.  It's a cuntish move and I'll happily admit I'd be utterly seething if it happened to Aberdeen.  I'd be willing to bet if Motherwell had done it to any team other than Celtic or Rangers there wouldn't be this clamour to justify it.  Similarly we'd probably hear f**k all about it.

This is a good post, and you're spot on. 

The actual goal itself shouldn't have happened.  Scott was wrong to take the ball and run with it.  Absolutely.  However, I think it's correct to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He's 18, it was his first start.  He got carried away and made a mistake in the biggest game he's played in.  The manager subsequently apologised on behalf of the club and that should have been that.  Celtic went onto win 4-1 - it has no effect on the result.

It's funny that very few people are actually talking about Ariyibi who completed a 40 yard sprint to actually score the goal :lol::lol: 

The comments from the Celtic manager and captain for the day were embarrassing though.

43 minutes ago, Romeo said:

It's mental isn't it. No one I know is really bothered.

You can pretend to believe this but we all know it's not true. Your support were absolutely livid. Some of the reactions on Twitter were really delicious.

The veil of the 'best fans in the world' well and truly slipped when you used this incident as justification to jeer a guy with a serious head injury. This was Ibrox esq.

Overall, I would normally be really p*ssed losing this heavily (even at Celtic Park) but I thought we played really well in parts and let's be honest the reaction from the Celtic support made us the real winners yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

For me the only thing that annoyed me was losing our first goal this year domestically would've been better if it was a screamer.

There is no etiquette in football nor should there be hope Celtic and other teams bin this mince only the ref should stop the game.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me the only thing that annoyed me was losing our first goal this year domestically would've been better if it was a screamer.

There is no etiquette in football nor should there be hope Celtic and other teams bin this mince only the ref should stop the game.

Blue moon time, a sensible post from wcw!

It's probably not helped by Celtic staff mewling all over the media about someone "lacking class", when their own support cheered and applauded a player being carried off with concussion. 
At least Gerrard criticises his own support.

And a point on that, the referee stopped the game for that while we were in possession of the ball. Celtic then decided to contest that drop ball, which was a completely different situation to how we scored our goal. Where was the sportsmanship in that case?

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

And a point on that, the referee stopped the game for that while we were in possession of the ball. Celtic then decided to contest that drop ball, which was a completely different situation to how we scored our goal. Where was the sportsmanship in that case?

Aye, but whataboot the goal, by the way?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I think it was pretty obvious that sportmanship went out of the window due to the previous incident. 

12 minutes ago, The OP said:

I think it was pretty obvious that sportmanship went out of the window due to the previous incident. 

Lacks a bit of class, don't you think?

Celtic are scum.
Always fucking have been.
They can hide behind their good causes and thinking they are some sort of millennial social justice warriors.
They are fucking scum. I don't think anyone believes otherwise they have just been lucky Rangers have been scummier since 2012 it's taken them out of the scum show slightly.

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I disagree actually.

Well, you may be right that there is no etiquette in football but there should be IMO. 

Motherwell were in the wrong, young lad made a poor decision, it hasn't materially impacted the game.  You move on.

Archived