Celtic v Motherwell

5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Motherwell's goal was absolutely hilarious, and tbh Celtic could do with being a wee bit less po-faced about it.

It wasn't hilarious, it was emblematic of the low values in football that regards shithousery as admirable. I want Celtic to lose every game they play (OF games excepted), but that doesn't blind me to the fact that this was pathetic. First we had genuine sportsmanship; then we had a win-at-all-costs mentality; and now we enjoy poor behaviour just because others find it annoying.

Personally I like my sport to come with a bit of decency and respect. You may think it makes you one of the cool kids to sneer at that, but you're just another small part of football's problems.

And ethics aside, let's consider the consequences; next time a Motherwell player is down injured, will their opponents put the ball out? 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Hypothetically, what's worse? or are they both equally reprehensible?

a) Breaking no rule and scoring at the expense of the other team. (bad sportsmanship)

b) Simulation that results in scoring against another team. (cheating)

Asking for an embarrassed friend because my teams perfect and would never do anything remotely underhand by ra way so it is.

Scenario A is worse, because the convention of putting the ball out and getting it back exists so that players can be treated for injuries more quickly. 

Both are wrong.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Scenario A is worse, because the convention of putting the ball out and getting it back exists so that players can be treated for injuries more quickly. 

Both are wrong.

This wasn't so the player could be treated for injury.  It was so Celtic could make a sub.  Christie had already walked of the park, then came back on (not sure why he wasn't booked for it) and then when sub was ready he sat down.

Struggling to see the issue with the goal. Christie had already walked off the pitch then came back on to fall down, and Celtic had continued knocking the ball about until they ran out of options. 

This is the same team who had a player off injured at the side of the pitch, 20 yards from our goal, who ran back on the pitch behind the full back who had no idea he was there, as they played a ball through for him and he almost scored. Didn't see any fucker in green mewling about sportsmanship there.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Both are wrong.

This is why the convention should go IMO - if there is an injury that necessitates genuinely urgent treatment, the referee should stop the game. Given there is already a well used protocol around head knocks that will deal with 90% of actual "urgent" injuries, I just don't see the need for a convention that exists for when someone has a bit of a sore leg. If the team with the injured player takes a tactical decision to put the ball out to get back to 11 men more quickly, then they've lost possession and paid a price for doing so. That seems fair and would stop it being used for no reason...

Yep, I’ve just watched the highlights and I don’t think there’s an issue. It wasn’t like there was a serious injury, Motherwell were well within their rights to play on.

The boos for the goal were absolutely glorious. Thank you Motherwell for giving us that moment.

Trying to be feel bad about the unsportmanshipness - but not going to lie, I'm finding it *really* funny. 
Also - good to see we've dispensed with  all the hammerthrowing and started to find more sophisticated ways to wind up Brendan. Hope we've got something lined up for Rangers in a few weeks...

Like a memorial service or something of the sort one can only assume ?

Having just seen the highlights I would be more concerned at your goalkeepers efforts at our goal.    However if green arse cheek done the same thing against blue arse cheek , we all know the rhetoric from the great unwashed. Its within the rules etc. And st brenda would be silent. One way street with this shower of mutants

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers accused Motherwell of violating the "ethics" of the game after the Fir Park side scored from a throw-in intended for the Glasgow side that followed the ball being played out to allow Ryan Christie to receive treatment

Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney, who was captain against Motherwell, has revealed he asked Motherwell to give his side a "free goal" to make up for Gboly Ariyibi's controversial strike, which came after James Scott failed to give the ball back after a break for an injury, in his side 4-1 win and accused his opponents of lacking class

:lol::lol: 

You couldn't give those c***s a red neck with a blow torch! 

I'm not taking any lectures about morals or ethics from any of that lot. Like I said, they cheated us twice within the space of three days last season and couldn't even admit they got lucky, then did the same again later in the season when their captain got Kipre sent off.

Celtic FC, their support and their apologists are the most sanctimonious, self righteous b*****ds on the planet and nothing they say should be given any credence.

18 minutes ago, Desp said:

:lol::lol: 

You couldn't give those c***s a red neck with a blow torch! 

Its embarrassing, Tierney spends half the game flopping to the deck and holding his face, before getting straight back up when it's clear hes not getting anything.

The fucking nick of Motherwell fans on here [emoji38]

It's mental isn't it. No one I know is really bothered.

This is just a cover for the utter pumping they got. We shouldn't be bothered with bottom 6 pish like this.

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

It's like a renaissance painting here lads...

D0LwUaGXgAEtk-A?format=jpg&name=small

I'm no body language expert - but I'd say the generic celtic player is fucking shiting himself that he's going to get a Tait-ing :)

10 hours ago, welldaft said:

You are as rare as hens teeth. A Celtic fan who does not have the VICTIM complex. 

Celtic won the game 4-1 FFS. 

It was a stupid mistake, but it did not affect the result and he will learn not to do it again, although as has been pointed out on here it is not against the rules. Our Manager has come out and said it was a mistake. 

I am reading the reaction on Twitter. It is almost as if we stopped you lot winning the fkin title......now has that happened before....mmmmm.

Some Celtic fans have serious anger management issues. 

"Celtic fans are c****" would have been shorter. 

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:

This is just a cover for the utter pumping they got. We shouldn't be bothered with bottom 6 pish like this.

Yet here you are.  Scrambling about talking about a "pumping" dished out to little ol' Motherwell to try and make yourselves seem important.

A few days after yet another pathetic performance in Europe.  Remember that night when Celtic fans were dancing in the stands after losing 2-1 at home to the champions of Austria?

Celtic are diddies just like the rest of us.  The only difference is you don't want to believe it.

What a storm in a teacup :lol:

Celtic fans are guilty of their normal faux outrage (I was listening on the radio at the time and the seethe was wonderful) but let's not pretend Motherwell are in the right here.  It's a cuntish move and I'll happily admit I'd be utterly seething if it happened to Aberdeen.  I'd be willing to bet if Motherwell had done it to any team other than Celtic or Rangers there wouldn't be this clamour to justify it.  Similarly we'd probably hear f**k all about it.

Move on people, it finished 4-1.

Yet here you are.  Scrambling about talking about a "pumping" dished out to little ol' Motherwell to try and make yourselves seem important.
A few days after yet another pathetic performance in Europe.  Remember that night when Celtic fans were dancing in the stands after losing 2-1 at home to the champions of Austria?
Celtic are diddies just like the rest of us.  The only difference is you don't want to believe it.
You need to calm down mate.

If anything the shitbaggery from Motherwell really got the atmosphere up.

That could be the highlight of the Motherwell season right there.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

You need to calm down mate.

If anything the shitbaggery from Motherwell really got the atmosphere up.

That could be the highlight of the Motherwell season right there.

I suppose it's been a while. 

Considering Celtic are winning everything and becoming the establishment club, it must have been nice for the fans to pick up the victim baton for a wee bit once again.

Archived