Celtic v Motherwell

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Pauli said:

Gutless shitebaggery followed by a fucking hammering is as sweet as it gets .

If they're not diving about or hacking anything that moves , they're now scrapping the barrel of unsportsmanship.

At least we're not scrapping the barrel of shite spelling

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

The Motherwell "goal" certainly livened things up, there were a few heads rolling about where I sit.

Ultimately though Motherwell had nothing to give and were swept aside with relative ease.

Some cracking finishing from us today and some shift from Eddie.

You've never been to Parkheed in yer life.

I enjoy seeing Celtic trying to take the moral high ground.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Shitebaggery made it a great game. Of course the easy thing Robinsion could have done is tell his team to let Celtic score from kick off. As rare as it happens it’s what usually gets done. 

Im not going to have a go though as if  we did it on Thursday and went through as sheepish as we would have felt I would have taken it. To be honest thats the problem with football, there far too many rules open for interpretation even before you look at supposed gentlemen’s agreements. 

I believe you are mistaken.  I do not think allowing the opposition to score is 'usual'.  Although many of the media, including  Chris Sutton, agree with you.

'Sutton was involved in controversy in the final game of the 1996–97 season against Arsenal. Late in the game with the "Gunners" leading by a single goal, the ball was kicked out of play by Arsenal to allow an injured teammate to receive treatment. Sutton chased the ball instead of allowing it to be thrown back to Arsenal and won a corner from his efforts. Blackburn scored from this corner and as a result Arsenal missed out on a lucrative place in the Champions League to Newcastle United on goal difference. Sutton refused to apologise for his actions'

Shitebaggery made it a great game. Of course the easy thing Robinsion could have done is tell his team to let Celtic score from kick off. As rare as it happens it’s what usually gets done. 

Im not going to have a go though as if  we did it on Thursday and went through as sheepish as we would have felt I would have taken it. To be honest thats the problem with football, there far too many rules open for interpretation even before you look at supposed gentlemen’s agreements. 

Robinson has a suspended ban hanging over him, bringing the game into disrepute by allowing his team to deliberately concede a goal would have seen him in the stand for the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

I believe you are mistaken.  I do not think allowing the opposition to score is 'usual'.  Although many of the media, including  Chris Sutton, agree with you.

'Sutton was involved in controversy in the final game of the 1996–97 season against Arsenal. Late in the game with the "Gunners" leading by a single goal, the ball was kicked out of play by Arsenal to allow an injured teammate to receive treatment. Sutton chased the ball instead of allowing it to be thrown back to Arsenal and won a corner from his efforts. Blackburn scored from this corner and as a result Arsenal missed out on a lucrative place in the Champions League to Newcastle United on goal difference. Sutton refused to apologise for his actions'

As rare as it happens quoting a game from over 20 years ago is ridiculous. Especially as the circumstances were somewhat different. There have been many instances since then ffs. You are merely trying to fit Chris Suttons hypocrisy in to this discussion.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Has anyone seen the challenges from the Eddy guy, two smashed faces, were they just robust challenges or is he a thug?

c**t was late as f**k with two challenges. should have went off

Trying to be feel bad about the unsportmanshipness - but not going to lie, I'm finding it *really* funny. 

Also - good to see we've dispensed with  all the hammerthrowing and started to find more sophisticated ways to wind up Brendan. Hope we've got something lined up for Rangers in a few weeks...

Just seen the clip of the Motherwell goal, fair play to them, 2 goals down and Celtic put the ball out for treatment to our own player so why should they give possession back. I would’ve been raging if we had given the ball back in that situation.

As rare as it happens quoting a game from over 20 years ago is ridiculous. Especially as the circumstances were somewhat different. There have been many instances since then ffs. You are merely trying to fit Chris Suttons hypocrisy in to this discussion.

Not really. It's just an example of what is getting more common - where people, especially your mob, decide on an incident depending on what happened to whom. Somebody halves someone. What do think?  It depends who did the halving.

Sinclair has cheat. Brown gets away with murder. But no Celtic fan will agree with that, until they play with someone else. 

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Motherwell's goal was absolutely hilarious, and tbh Celtic could do with being a wee bit less po-faced about it.

The only problem I have with Motherwell's goal is that Hibs didn't think of it first.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Just seen the clip of the Motherwell goal, fair play to them, 2 goals down and Celtic put the ball out for treatment to our own player so why should they give possession back. I would’ve been raging if we had given the ball back in that situation.

You are as rare as hens teeth. A Celtic fan who does not have the VICTIM complex. 

Celtic won the game 4-1 FFS. 

It was a stupid mistake, but it did not affect the result and he will learn not to do it again, although as has been pointed out on here it is not against the rules. Our Manager has come out and said it was a mistake. 

I am reading the reaction on Twitter. It is almost as if we stopped you lot winning the fkin title......now has that happened before....mmmmm.

Some Celtic fans have serious anger management issues. 

Archived