Celtic v Motherwell

Would love to think we could pull off a shock, but that is the same as thinking Scotland rugby team had a chance of winning in Paris. 

Yes we have won 6 in a row but not v a team full of internationals and with a wage budget and turnover that dwarfs ours. We are as long odds as 20/1 for a win which may be a tad disingenuous but reflects expectations. 

If we can avoid conceding early goal and certainly not go 2 behind we have a slim chance. 

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20-1 is generous. We'll beat them more than one in 20. Maybe not this time though. They've a good record at home, but we won there not too long ago and we are playing with little fear. As you say, keep it tight for 45, then...

Or possibly a humping.

We've come on leaps and bounds in the last month , but playing Celtic on their own patch is a different kettle of fish altogether .

Don't get me wrong , they're far from invincible , but the difference in resources is huge .

What is in our favour is the fact that it's pretty much a free hit for us . A defeat is expected in almost all quarters  , so #youngwell can go there without fear and play their own game . If they do and we get pumped them meh , f**k it .

If , however , we go there and are still in it after an hour , you just never know . Just look at the last game at Fir Park when DJ  stole us a point when Celtic failed to close the game out .

We live in hope , and in that vein , I've got a fiver on Hastie any time and Motherwell win @ 40/1 .

Intae them Motherwell !!

Guest Moomintroll

Only got back from Spain last night so reluctantly going. Hopefully Eddie starts

Pah, imagine if the team had that sort of attitude.

Guest Moomintroll
I'm looking forward to this today. The 2 form teams in the SPFL go head to head.

I still cannot be bothered looking this up but have Motherwell seriously won 6 games in a row?

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
I'm looking forward to this today. The 2 form teams in the SPFL go head to head.

I still cannot be bothered looking this up but have Motherwell seriously won 6 games in a row?

Six league games, got horsed out the cup

19 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough re. The 55 countries mate.

I can’t judge on Gauld as not seen enough.

I think guys like Tierney, Forrest, McGregor are very, very comfortable knowing they will win 95% of domestic games even if they don’t play at 100%. I don’t think any of them have the desire to play in one of the 15 better leagues which is a shame. 

It would be the same for Cadden and Hastie why would you want these players to leave they improve the league and make motherwell better?

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It would be the same for Cadden and Hastie why would you want these players to leave they improve the league and make motherwell better?

Cadence and Hastie won’t win 95% of games and strike me as being ambitious young men who will move on to another league at some point. 

Don’t think Tierney or McGregor have that in their tank. This is only my opinion btw.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Pah, imagine if the team had that sort of attitude.

Dont think I have ever missed the football with a hangover but I was sorely tempted this morning. My sheer will power should inspire the players imo.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Sky reporting Claude Puel sacked. Could this be Brendan’s last game in charge?

You just know any EPL manager getting binned is going to throw this up. On this occasion I cant see him walking with another treble on.

Archived