12 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

He is taking us down,why the f**k is he still in charge

Because our board of “trimming the squad size” won’t pay off his contract. Even if they do, it’ll be too late and likely some old boys club member who’d take us down anyway.

I've no idea what JJ is trying to do. I know it wasn't his squad of players he inherited but he's had plenty of time to work with them and a transfer window to rectify things.

Our results are terrible, our play is terrible, there are no goals being scored or chances being made. The defence is still leaking goals. So I go back to my original point, what exactly is he trying to do? 

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I've no idea what JJ is trying to do. I know it wasn't his squad of players he inherited but he's had plenty of time to work with them and a transfer window to rectify things.

Our results are terrible, our play is terrible, there are no goals being scored or chances being made. The defence is still leaking goals. So I go back to my original point, what exactly is he trying to do? 

I don’t think he knows himself, TBH. Totally out of his depth and needs punted off the Kessock Bridge.

As time has went by,  his team selection has looked increasingly like a novice on Football Manager just trying anything to win a game. I was really hoping this would get better, but it’s clear he had no idea how to extricate himself from the position we’re in.  Not to labour the point, Bob McHugh is guff, worst striker I’ve seen in years, don’t understand what an SFA coaching badge gives you that makes him look like a viable attacking threat. 

That's a great result with the 2 teams directly below us losing, one being Morton obviously.  Just need to keep the momentum from this week going and possibly try and get close to Ayr.

1 hour ago, #Gary said:

It's great to see Johannson thought everything was going well until the set piece goal...in the 11th minute of the game!!

Get him to f**k away from our club. 

Granted I have not followed Morton's season at all but I was genuinely surprised at the anger directed at the manager from well into the first half. 

Don't meant to sound disrespectful but before today you were only 3 points off the playoffs. Is that not around what Morton should be looking for?

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Granted I have not followed Morton's season at all but I was genuinely surprised at the anger directed at the manager from well into the first half. 

Don't meant to sound disrespectful but before today you were only 3 points off the playoffs. Is that not around what Morton should be looking for?

We've won 6 games out of 24 since JJ took over one of which was against Peterhead at the second time of asking, we've been scudded 5-0, 5-1 and 3-0, been knocked out of the cup by East Fire, and had about 3 shots on goal over the last 4 games! 

After today we are 5 points off bottom...

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We’ve only won 2 of our last 13 league games. If we can’t win 3 of the remaining 11 we’re probably down and there’s no sign we’re capable of it. We’ve scored 7 goals in those 13 games.

We’re now only 5 points from 9th and 10th. Falkirk & Partick have sacked their managers and gained on us considerably, both winning as many games in 2019 as we have since the start of November. Dunfermline sacked their manager after a similarly terrible run of results and have now overtaken us.

Johansson has turned a perfectly decent squad into favourites for relegation. It’s not just understandable but entirely necessary for fans to express their anger in the hope it forces the board to act. If they don’t we’re going down, and doing so in an even more shambolic manner than Raith three seasons ago.

Not a game that will live long in the memory but after a gruelling match on Tuesday night the main thing was getting the win so a scrappy 1 - 0 did the job. I thought we tried to pass the ball around a lot more than last weekend against Dunfermline (no idea what we were like against RC sadly) and we created some decent chances. Nice wee near post flick from Tremarco for the only goal (another Polworth assist) but we passed up some good chances to go further ahead in the second half with McCauley being denied by a decent save before White crashed the ball over and then Polworth broke into the box but his effort was also saved and Doran couldn't quite get to the loose ball. Millar had the best chance for Morton when he rifled a shot just past the post in the first half but aside from that Morton were largely toothless and a bit of a mess in defence. Plenty of misplaced passes especially in the second 45 minutes.

I thought McCart was excellent for us before going off injured and we also saw decent performances from Welsh, Donaldson and Mckay (yes Mckay, he did the basics well). Not our best attacking showing of the season but three points were the key especially after a disappointing outing in our last league game and the aforementioned Scottish Cup replay on Tuesday.

Oh well, free hit wasted...

Anybody know if Tidser was benched (again) in favour of Dykes because:

a. he's not 100% fit?

b. he's being protected for the season-defining Tuesday-Friday double-header to come?

c. the manager has a death-wish and wants to troll the supporters to near insanity before he's eventually sacked?

Only straw I can clutch at is that this season has been mental and that there must therefore be more mentalness to come... So it might be mentalness of the positive, entirely unpredictable kind, right? Right?

That and Gary Caldwell.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Dykes :lol: 

Mental that JJ rates that clown over an actual footballer, Michael Tidser. 

He’s young and hungry though, that’s what counts. That his hunger doesn’t seem to extend to tracking his man when defending a corner is irrelevant when we’re talking about good honest boys Johansson has worked with before in youth football.

Dykes is the one that stands out for obvious reasons, but the whole shape is a mess for the goal and it’s characteristic of Johansson’s lack of organisation. Runners lost at every set piece and deciding we don’t need anyone on the post, in contrast to just about every other manager in the world; goal conceded when a player on the post would have easily dealt with it.

Archived