East Fife v Dumbarton

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I can't believe that I can't make a game till April and it's away to Dumbarton. Seriously gees a chance min!

Seen us win 6-0 at home, lose 6-0 at home, win 4-0 away, lose 4-0 away in recent years v Dumbarton. Wouldn't worry about it... 

Highlights are up, featuring post-match with Jim Duffy, Darren Young and Dom Thomas.

Few things to note. There's definitely a nudge from Thomas on the East Fife defender for our second goal. Given that linesman missed Hutton being pole-axed in the second-half, and Ballantyne cleaning out Watson in injury time though it's absolutely no surprise he missed something quite subtle.

The space that Slattery, Smith and Dowds find in our box is quite terrifying. That's the best hat-trick I've ever seen a Dumbarton player score. The referee got the Adam/Currie incident correct in awarding a goal kick (which the fans and players mistook for a penalty). He's taking a massive risk there though, and I'd far rather he just stayed back and let the defenders deal with it.

Michael Paton's injury time miss looks slightly less horrific than it did in real life, and I don't think Darren Young will have too many complaints about the red card watching it back. You cannot tackle like this. I hadn't realised it was Kane who Thomas breezed past the most, and it looks like he got totally fed up being embarrassed so decided to smash him. Which is fair enough.

Edit: Just been pointed out on Twitter that he grabs his collar and drags him back too :lol: We've all been there.

5c725a1251086_Screenshot2019-02-24at08_46_43.thumb.png.ad536a7964af78f62e25d2646a94346f.png

Defo looked like a push before the 2nd goal but that's the breaks you sometimes get. Tbf it happened on the halfway line so EF have plenty time to defend the attack.
The red card is a red all day, if he just pulls the shirt it's a yellow but it's the clear kick afterwards that gets him a red

Defo looked like a push before the 2nd goal but that's the breaks you sometimes get. Tbf it happened on the halfway line so EF have plenty time to defend the attack.

The red card is a red all day, if he just pulls the shirt it's a yellow but it's the clear kick afterwards that gets him a red

If that's a red

Games gone

#AMF

Reminded me of Ryan McGowan on Friday night, just a professional foul

Just now, pleslie99 said:

Aye, this. In the screenshot I posted there's no attempt to play the ball (given it's about ten yards away) and, combined with the shirt tug, it's either two bookings in one or a straight red. Daft and cynical. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That's never ever ever a red card, standard booking all day long

Good game and good hat trick

God knows how they missed the wee push on the EF number 8 before the second goal too

I'm genuinely not sure that linesman gave a single foul all game. There were a good four or five really blatant ones in front of him that he was totally unmoved by. Whether or not that's because the referee asked him not give fouls or what I'm not sure, but he was like the committee guys you see doing Junior games who just give throws!

From those highlights it is clear how badly we missed Watson and Dunlop at the back and moving Dunsmore in to right back means that we lose his attacking threat. Couple of very good saves from Long to keep the score line down too.

As for Kane, clearly he was very frustrated and had he just pulled Thomas back that would have been a yellow but don’t know why he has had a kick out too. Very silly thing to do and left us short in numbers now. It looked like Thomas gave most of our defence the run around and he is a very good player, we are missing that creative type player in Agnew at the moment seeing as most of our recent goals tend to come from crosses.

Judging by the last 2 results, Dumbarton will be fine this season as Brechin, Stenny and Stranraer don’t have the same quality in attack.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That's never ever ever a red card, standard booking all day long

Good game and good hat trick

God knows how they missed the wee push on the EF number 8 before the second goal too

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If that's a red

Games gone

#AMF

Reminded me of Ryan McGowan on Friday night, just a professional foul.

AMF :lol:

The balls about 10 yards away, he yanks his shirt back and has a kick at him. If it was a simple clip of the heels I'd agree with you but he's had two attempts at it and neither at the ball. You can't just go for the man and not expect a red.

When you watch the highlights,  there was a far worse attempt to do Thomas shown just before.

Thing was, the attempt missed him by so much that it didn't even register as an attempt with the reg, but it was another where Thomas was already past and going away, and the ball was in a different postcode, but the EF player still tries to scythe him.

ETA - at the 10 minute mark on the highlights. 

Archived