East Fife v Dumbarton

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was there for the taking, but once again, we came up against a team that closes down quickly. Our midfield couldn't pass water for periods of the game, due to the press.
We quickly resorted to launching to Antons head , which didn't work. Fair play, we battled our way back into the game, and could easily have gone on to win it, but the sending off put paid to that. Hate to say it , but I've seen us in the position with games in hand before, and completely blow the points.
Anyway , a chance to redeem themselves on Tuesday against the other team we've taken nothing from.

Dom thomas was unplayable today. 

Fair play to east fife who changed shape at half time and we didn’t cope with the extra wide players and lost some soft goals.

agree with previous post that there was a foul in build up to our second. 

If c gal scores his sitter at 4.2 it could have eased the pressure.

definate red as tried to bring Thomas down and just kicked him when didn’t manage it. Didn’t get what young was moaning about. 

Amazing miss in last min . Why not just run ball into empty net. 

Thomas 3 goals were amazing.

for both teams the officials were a bit short 

The foul by Adam was outside the box but a foul non-the-less.

Agree, I was in line with it and didn't think it was a penalty but it was a definite foul, he just wiped him out with no intention of going for the ball, but for the keeper to escape any punishment AND to get the bye kick when it went out of him and the defender was just incredulous!!!

All the players thought it was a penalty even the Dumbarton ones, Barr ran about the length of the pitch to get in the referees face to argue about it and Docherty ran about the length of the pitch to take it!!!

But hey-ho just another day with the shite officials we all see in this League, every game you think they can't get any worse and every week they prove you wrong!!!

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Agree, I was in line with it and didn't think it was a penalty but it was a definite foul, he just wiped him out with no intention of going for the ball, but for the keeper to escape any punishment AND to get the bye kick when it went out of him and the defender was just incredulous!!!

From our end it looked like Adam knocked the ball against the attacker and it then rebounded  out of play. Sons fans were going mental at the ref because at first we thought he had pointed at the spot.

Well that wasn't for the faint hearted. While Gal should've scored, I wonder if we're doing the goalie a disservice. He seemed to anticipate the ball in to the box and got himself in a position to stop it. I'll need to see it again though.

Only 11 points off the playoffs now. And as we still have to play East Fife again it's technically 8[emoji6] #DuffysDestroyers

7 minutes ago, rockson said:

From our end it looked like Adam knocked the ball against the attacker and it then rebounded  out of play. Sons fans were going mental at the ref because at first we thought he had pointed at the spot.

Understand he did but the lino corrected it to a goal kick . Above was my take on it too but Ef seem to suggest a foul 

Terrific  result for the Sons in a most entertaining game.  As already reported, main difference between the sides was Dom Thomas. Just looked on a different level to the other players on the park.

East Fife were by far the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, but with his first opportunity DT smashes one into  the top corner.  For the rest of the half the Fife defence was at sixes and sevens, with Dom and the Seagal wreaking havoc. Good finishes by both for the second and third goals.

Good save by the Long with his feet early in the second half kept the game alive. Fair play to East Fife, who changed their shape and started to find space on the wings, particularly down our right hand side.  Had all the momentum at 2v3, and a stroke of luck for the Sons when Smith's chip came back off the bar, which would have levelled things up. Then another guided missile from Thomas gave us some much needed breathing space.  That didn't last long and at 3v4 with around 25 minutes left to play, you wouldn't have bet against an equaliser or even a home win.  Another fine solo run by Thomas laid it on a plate for Seagal and although the keeper made a fine save, the chance really should  have been buried.  Soon after came the red card for Kane and thereafter  the air seemed to come out of the Fife tyres.  Darren Young having a hissy fit on the touchline, but can't have any serious complaints. Kane skinned by Thomas then tried to stop him with a pull on his neck; when that failed a wee kick did the trick.  Unbelievable miss by Michael Paton in last minute, with the keeper out of his goal and a colleague free in the middle of the box. Thankfully that was the last action of the match.

Aside from Sir Dom of Thomas, the Seagal and the ever popular Bobby Barr put in good shifts up front.   Defence was very good in the first half, but more stretched in the second.  Craig Barr had a decent return to the side after coming on as sub for the unfortunate Ross Perry.  Hope RP's injury is not as bad as it looked; the lad's not had a lot of luck with injuries. Carsy and to a lesser extent Kyle Hutton had decent games in midfield. Only slight disappointment for me was Ross Forbes.  He just didn't seem to be 'up for it' and would have expected more from him, especially as he had the captain's armband on.

The referee has probably had better days, although the only result-changing decision would have been the East Fife penalty claim, which I would need to see again in the highlights to make my mind up.

Your man Forbes wasn’t slow in telling Van shalk what he thought of his defending at East Fife’s 3rd goal. Sprinted 10 yards to get right in his face.
Good to hear. Dowie would've probably thrown his hands in the air and spent the next 5 minutes greeting like a wee bitch before slicing the ball into his own net.

46 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Three game changing moments decided this game, the first one was the foul we should have had in the build up to Dumbarton's 2nd goal, the second one was King Kev's little dink hitting the bar when it was 2-3, if that had gone in I have no doubt that we would have went on to win that game and the third was Kano's sending off, it was a stupid move and basically cost us any chance of even salvaging a point and to make it worse he didn't even hurt him, if you're prepared to get sent off for nailing somebody at least do it right!!!

But tbh if he had done it to Barr he would probably have been carried off the park shoulder high, what a detestable little cumstain that wee shitehawk is!!!

Wanting folk hurt is pretty awful chat so I'd just like to say, get it right round you.

FB_IMG_1550962122098.jpg

Archived