East Fife v Dumbarton

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ. I think I actually had a few heart attacks in the second-half. East Fife looked like scoring every time they went down the wing.

Dom Thomas is unbelievable. That might've been one of the best ever performances I've seen from a Dumbarton player. Three goals and an assist. The only way that East Fife jobber could get near him was by grabbing him and booting him. Darren Young will be seething about that, because up until that point they looked far more likely to score next.

Calum Gallagher and then, right at the death, Michael Paton missed unbelievable chances to make it five - but the three points and four goals will do. 

That today was Ian Murray-esque. Hunners of goals, brilliant attacking football, mental defending and three points on the road. What a change from the turgid Aitkenball we've been forced to watch for the past few seasons. 

Worst first half I think I've ever seen from us. So many misplaced passes and dumbarton taking each chance as they came.

Second half was better but still so many mistakes and bad passes. Not gonna sit and name players who had a stinker as they know they did as much as we do. 

Thankfully only one more game against dumbarton as we just cant beat them now somehow. Their keeper looked woeful again. Big mango was brilliant when he came on although needs to watch his arms as other refs wont be so kind. 

Let's get this shitter out our system now and get a good run going and get us back up the table. Not enjoying being 5 behind 2nd and 3rd

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

Jesus Christ. I think I actually had a few heart attacks in the second-half. East Fife looked like scoring every time they went down the wing in the second-half.

Dom Thomas is unbelievable. That might've been one of the best ever performances I've seen from a Dumbarton player. Three goals and an assist. The only way that East Fife jobber could get near him was by grabbing him and booting him. Darren Young will be seething about that, because up until that point they looked far more likely to score next.

Calum Gallagher and then, right at the death, Michael Paton missed unbelievable chances to make it give - but the three points and four goals will do. 

That today was Ian Murray-esque. Hunners of goals, brilliant attacking football, mental defending and three points on the road. What a change from the turgid Aitkenball we've been forced to watch for the past few seasons. 

How is dom Thomas at you? He was absolutely on fire today! Should be at a way higher level on that showing!

Credit where it's due. Dumbarton exposed our weaknesses (far too slow and panicky under pressure) and got their deserved win in the end even without playing well. Their front 2 caused all sorts of problems for our defence and that was all they had to do; lump the ball in the final 3rd and they'll create dangerous chances. I've never been so digusted from a first half display from an East Fife side in my years of supporting them. Not a single player got pass marks from me. Second half was much improved but the game was finito once their 4th went in. Sorry to single players out when no-one had a good game but Kane, Docherty, Slattery were absolutely woeful today and should be dropped. Glad Kane won't be in EF kit any time soon for his stupid kick on their player...you could make the case that it's a yellow but he gave the referee every reason to send him off.
Today shows how much we miss Dunlop and Agnew in the line up. 3 defeats in a row now...and with Smokies on Tuesday night it could very well be 4. So disappointed today.

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

How is dom Thomas at you? He was absolutely on fire today! Should be at a way higher level on that showing!

We're very lucky. Killie didn't want to loan him out at the end of the normal window, then (with the window only open to us diddy clubs) he/they decided that he wanted to get playing again, and he rocked up at us.

Because he'd already played for Killie this season it meant he couldn't play for another team, and he didn't want to go to Ireland because he's got his own business over here, hence we got to keep him.

In a pretty miserable season it's pretty much the only thing that's gone right for us.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

We're very lucky. Killie didn't want to loan him out at the end of the normal window, then (with the window only open to us diddy clubs) he/they decided that he wanted to get playing again, and he rocked up at us.

Because he'd already played for Killie this season it meant he couldn't play for another team, and he didn't want to go to Ireland because he's got his own business over here, hence we got to keep him.

In a pretty miserable season it's pretty much the only thing that's gone right for us.

Yep, if we hadn’t got him back we’d have been done for.

Carswell and Mango were excellent. As much as DT and Cal were great together they 2 need to be acknowledged also.

Crazy thing football, east fife playing lovely football right up to the point where we nick it from them and hoof it forward. At that point gal and dt have half the park to work in and are pretty much man for man.

Archived