East Fife v Dumbarton

Time to get this started, Saturday sees the return of The Fife Express to League action and the start of a very busy period of 7 games in 22 days, a ludicrous state of affairs, the season doesn't end in March, these games could have been spread out better, but rightly or wrongly these are the cards we have been dealt and we now just have to get on with it!!!

First up are Dumbarton, probably the one team we wouldn't want to face as they are without doubt our bogey team this season, beating us twice already this season, gifted the points at our place by our own ineptitude and playing us off the park at their place!!!

On paper we should be winning this, but on paper we should have won the previous two meetings as well and that didn't happen!!!

We have two games to go second but if we win on Saturday and Montrose do us a favour it could happen after our first game!!!

Would expect to see the same starting lineup that we saw in Dingwall and the rest of the squad getting game time over the course of the other games as we attempt to be the only team left to put any pressure on Arbroath (we've still to play them twice), you never know, remember what happened last season!!![emoji6]

1-0 East Fife, Big Tonks hattrick and Craig Watson to boot that wee p***k Barr up the arse!!!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope we can kick off our run of games with a win to get the teams confidence back up. I'd imagine we're going to have to use the whole squad over the next mental run, guys like Kane, Kev, Kyle etc all will most likely have to start a game or two.

By f**k we were shite when we played Dumbarton at the Rock, they absolutely pummelled us, hopefully we can bounce back from the cup disappointment and be flicking the V's at Barr as he leaves the pitch following a slaying at the hands of the Fife juggernaut. 

2-0 Fife, a Craig O'Reilly hattrick. 

East Fife are the only team that hasn't scored against us yet, hopefully that continues with our newer, better defence. Dumbarton have scored 19% of all goals East Fife have conceded in the league so far, which is a bit mental.

Missed the game at Stranraer but by all accounts nobody deserves to lose their place in the team, even though I'd still like Craig Barr back in the side as soon as possible. Would take a point here.

EDIT - I'll probably head along to this one, sure to be a poisonous atmosphere with the return of Bobbler Barr.  Hope the stewards will be confiscating the pigs heads that the East Fife fans plan on lobbing at oor Bobby.

It’s the start of a tough run of fixtures for us so we will need to use the whole squad. Fringe players like Bell, Kane and Court will be given a chance over the next few weeks to stop key players burning out before the play offs, hopefully we might see Agnew back in the not too distant future too. We are going to drop points over the next month but if we could pick up 4 or 5 wins out of the next 7 that will pretty much cement our place in the play offs.

Dumbarton have been our bogey team so we are due a win against them but it won’t be easy as they fight for safety.

Our fortunes will be dependant on which Dumbarton team decides to turn up. If we get the Stranraer away/East fife at home/Brechin at home version we should be in with a good shout of taking all 3 points. I'm really hoping Saturday was a bit of a turning point for us and the squad does look stronger than it has for a while with most players fit and us being unbeaten in 3.

I'd be tempted to stick with the same team as Saturday unless Craig Barr is available, but I'm not sure who we will drop to accommodate him. I'm really hoping Duffy sticks with Ferguson and Ballantyne at full back and doesn't start shuffling the defence around again.

A very tough game and one I had marked down as a guaranteed defeat before we decided to pump Stranraer on Saturday. Now I'm full of (probably false) hope that we can go on a bit of a run.

Dumbarton have been one those bottom half table teams we should be skelping but in a false position for me since the Duffy appointment and the amount of injuries that has hit the rock hopefully with us out of two cups now in February will have the squad constration levels for the last quarter of league games..

With aggie i'd pressume is still weeks away from his shoulder injury we'll need the likes of Kano, Broque, Courty and Bell to step up and Bell looked good in the last 5/10mins at Dingwall would be worth a full 90mins at some point to get him develop as the next Ross Brown attacking player that boy has got something but importantly we pick wins up and points up!!!

It’s the start of a tough run of fixtures for us so we will need to use the whole squad. Fringe players like Bell, Kane and Court will be given a chance over the next few weeks to stop key players burning out before the play offs, hopefully we might see Agnew back in the not too distant future too. We are going to drop points over the next month but if we could pick up 4 or 5 wins out of the next 7 that will pretty much cement our place in the play offs.

Dumbarton have been our bogey team so we are due a win against them but it won’t be easy as they fight for safety.

Agreed- the strength of our squad will now be tested. Particularly hope that Kane gets an opportunity- we miss his natural aggression against some of the teams that have strong forwards. Heard no news on Agnew which is usually not a good sign...but hopefully Smith back now to full fitness will be a real plus.As we have seen every team can beat every team in this league which makes the cramped fixture list for a part time team so unfair..Great season by the team though- never had so much fun in years.

Been listening to Telstar all morning in preparation for this, and I'm delighted to say that I'm already whistling it.

As for the game we've got an excellent record against East Fife this season, and we're coming off a smashing result. So we're definitely getting pumped.

Should be winning this one, I think. Hope the narrow defeats to the previous two Championship squads doesn't knock the teams confidence going back into the league fixtures. Keep focussed and play to our strengths and I'm sure we'll grab a win here. Won't be easy given the fact that we have one hell of a run of fixtures coming up. Mon the Fife! Let's do this.

Yep, tough game with Dumbarton getting a great result last week and us struggling against them so far.

I'd stick with roughly the same team as started in Dingwall but I'd like to see us go a bit more adventurous and sacrifice one of the centre mids to put Smith or Currie up front with ballon d'Tonks up front.

Brett
Hunk Rossco Meggatt Pat

Dunsmore Davo Sparky Watt
Currie Tonks

is what I hope for.

Not sure if this is a game I'd rotate for, Dumbarton are shite but against us they're not. Have to get over this hoodoo. I'd rather we rotate for Tuesday against Arbroath and we try and shitfest our way to a 0-0 playing a 4-5-1 with Kane, Linton, Court, Kev and Kyle all in. 

ETA - no idea why that space is there in between defence and midfield...

I think I would line us up the same as last week. I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped and it would be nice to have a settled starting 11 going into the last round of games.

Adam

Ferguson     Perry     Van Schaik     Ballantyne

Forbes          Carswell          Hutton          Barr

Thomas          Gallagher

Only changes I would consider is Barr coming back into the team although I feel the defense performed pretty well last week, minus 1 or 2 small slip ups. Also Melingui in for Gallagher but not really too fussed about which one plays as I think they are both quite similar imo.  

Archived