Smallest Support In SPFL

On 19/02/2019 at 07:37, cmontheloknow said:

I went to Edinburgh City v Annan in early 1999 at Meadowbank, crowd was 55 and there was a mini bus of Annan fans, v low double figures.

Back in the good old 90s in the EoS, Annan used to bring a coach load to Whitehill. They were very welcome in the bar. We had a decent crowd ourselves, about double what we get now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/02/2019 at 16:30, cowdenbeath said:

To their credit St Roch's seem a real community club doing a lot of things in their area (a working class version of Spartans) and good luck to them with that. My mate who is a bit of a groundhopper (he'll hate me calling him that:lol:) has been there a few times and sings their praises. 

That has bound to have a lot to do  with a decent number turning out. Its a bit of a miss match comparing the juniors with L2 completely different thing in level of price etc I would imagine Saints charge half of what an L2 side charge.

I went there in January v Shotts in the West Cup. There wasn’t too much on that day due to the weather. The fact they get a good write-up on here probably made my mind up. Well worth it though.

21 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I went there in January v Shotts in the West Cup. There wasn’t too much on that day due to the weather. The fact they get a good write-up on here probably made my mind up. Well worth it though.

Another gem from a recent QP match programme...staggering to belive this was the way back then. Jan 1924. Hampden Diehard got a lift over the gate...

Not only Scottish Cup ties were played on this day. It was sixth round day in the Scottish Junior Cup. One of the ties was a Glasgow derby between Parkhead Juniors and St Roch’s. The match drew a remarkable crowd of 11,000 to Helenslea Park in Parkhead. The home side won the tie and went on to lift the Junior Cup for the fifth time in the club’s history

44 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Apart from when we played home games at Bayview and Meadowbank, the lowest home crowd I can remember was vs Cowdenbeath on the last day of the season 87. Tommy Graham made his debut and we lost 1-6 in front of about 60 fans. Desperate times. 

I was at that game quite enjoyed it:lol: Eric Tait of BRTV fame Berwick manager at the time.

Was talking about hampden in this instance though. Is that normal there?
The main entrance in the South stand at Hampden is used mainly for club officials, and guests/sponsors etc to pick up complementary tickets. However anyone can use this door and pay at the table to get in. Entering this way also let's you sit in what is technically supposed to be the members area (although nobody ever enforces that), which is the action of cushioned seats immediately behind the trophy presentation area and press desks. General pay at the gate admission for both home and away fans is via the the turnstiles at the west end of the north stand, just beside Lesser. http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=213

The main entrance in the South stand at Hampden is used mainly for club officials, and guests/sponsors etc to pick up complementary tickets. However anyone can use this door and pay at the table to get in. Entering this way also let's you sit in what is technically supposed to be the members area (although nobody ever enforces that), which is the action of cushioned seats immediately behind the trophy presentation area and press desks. General pay at the gate admission for both home and away fans is via the the turnstiles at the west end of the north stand, just beside Lesser. http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=213
Sorry, that should have been 'area' rather than 'action'

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:
1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Sorry, that should have been 'area' rather than 'action'

And south stand, not north. :)

Archived