YES Bar

Used to frequent O'Henrys (as it was) as a student and then Vespa as I work in that area and it did a decent lunchtime pizza and a pint.

The owners had a fall out and I seem to remember a court case between them with her accused of assaulting him?!  Anyway,  in last year its gone badly downhill. Place looked untidy, toilets stank and pumps were regularly off. 

Politics aside, it was a decent place for a quick pint but haven't been in for ages as it really went downhill.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Dives like Denholms and The Alpen Lodge serve a greater purpose of keeping utter minks out of better pubs.

I've just come out of Drop. No drink unfortunately. I usually go in there for The Chieftan IPA.

Pie, beans and chips £5.00.

Not half as desperate as the owner was to fleece the gullible SNP sheep of their hard earned before she scurries off to her new venture

2019 and you still think only SNP voters support Indy [emoji23][emoji23]

This sort of thing is kind of what I was meaning when I said that a lot of modern political engagement is grifters grifting the gulliable.  Why would you donate money to a pub?  If you want to support a pub, go and have a pint there.  Have ten pints.  Why do you need to donate money?  I'm also unsure if there's a need for a specific 'Yes' voting bar, it's not as though Yes voters are some besieged, persecuted minority in need of a safe space.

I think you need to factor in downstairs was used as a Comedy / Open Mic venue and was regularly busy. It was actually the Bar upstairs that was always dead tbf.

I am pretty sure the phoenix in Edinburgh came out as a "yes" bar when new owners came in, I think recently it closed its doors too which was a shame because I always thought it was a decent boozer before it was changed, Maybe this is the SNPs new plan for tackling Scotlands drinking culture., by putting people off going to them and then shutting them down.

On 22/02/2019 at 10:01, Fifes Elite Force said:

I am pretty sure the phoenix in Edinburgh came out as a "yes" bar when new owners came in, I think recently it closed its doors too which was a shame because I always thought it was a decent boozer before it was changed, Maybe this is the SNPs new plan for tackling Scotlands drinking culture., by putting people off going to them and then shutting them down.

Another shithole of a place 

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

On Broughton street? It was always a crowded market, never got the same vibe there as I did over the road in the Cask & Barrell or Barony.

Also two decent pubs The Barony though didn't show football and the cask and barrel didn't have a jukebox from memory.

Archived