Arbroath v Airdrie

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It always seems a tougher proposition at Gayfield and I’m sure we concede more goals at home compared with the consistently disciplined away performances. Would be nice to follow up last week’s good result by, as a minimum, staying unbeaten in these next two games. Goals have been a little scarce for a while compared with earlier in the season so finding that touch again would be most welcome going into the final third. But do we have too many options upfront now?

It always seems a tougher proposition at Gayfield and I’m sure we concede more goals at home compared with the consistently disciplined away performances. Would be nice to follow up last week’s good result by, as a minimum, staying unbeaten in these next two games. Goals have been a little scarce for a while compared with earlier in the season so finding that touch again would be most welcome going into the final third. But do we have too many options upfront now?

16 points clear and you are having a dig at the home form and our goal scoring threat? C’mon now

16 points clear and you are having a dig at the home form and our goal scoring threat? C’mon now

No dig whatsoever, just some factual observations

And I’d add, as a longtime Lichtie, that while I hope for a decent performance and even better - result - this afternoon, there’s slight apprehension that in the past the next home game after an excellent away showing (which it was last week) has quite often been a letdown or worse. Hangover, complacency (which Dick mentioned in a recent interview) or maybe something else - need to guard against that.

And of course the elephant in the room is the home support. The backing away last week was vocal/excellent and you noted a Mike Mckenna saying in his interview how it also gave them a crucial lift at a key time in the game when they were tiring. At home, the fans are often rather quiet especially if there’s not much to get fired up about. Then of course the moaners who drag us incl the players down. With expectations a bit higher now - always a double-edged sword- easy to get frustrated. So, we and the players need to be patient and positive.

Would imagine DC will keep with his standard formation but I had a thought on the following lineup for today.

DJ

Thommo Little Tob Hammy

Whatley McCord

McKenna Wallace Linn

Spence

I know we shouldn't really tinker too much at this time but just a thought.

Anyway, whatever happens, 3 points needed today to keep well ahead of the chasing pack in the distance.

37 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Would imagine DC will keep with his standard formation but I had a thought on the following lineup for today.

DJ

Thommo Little Tob Hammy

Whatley McCord

McKenna Wallace Linn

Spence

I know we shouldn't really tinker too much at this time but just a thought.

Anyway, whatever happens, 3 points needed today to keep well ahead of the chasing pack in the distance.

Like this, but  if Sir Robert, is carrying a knock, Swanks plays instead of him

A good win for the Lichties. Full marks to Airdrie for an attacking performance. It was more like a cup tie than a league game. Bobby Linn the difference again having survived a brutal tackle from the Airdrie 6 who should have been sent off.

It was 8 who could've been booked twice before too

Didn't play great but won

Darren Jamieson is brilliant he's won us so many points this season I think couple of very good saves again

Thought Spence and McKenna didn't have the best of games until the start of the second half but both done well after. McKenna different class when he gets going

Thought all the subs done well especially Wallace

I hope we play McCord Wallace and maybe even Doris against EF if we freshen it up

Archived