Arbroath v Airdrie

Looking at our results this season, no team has given us a hammering as such. We’ve lost a lot of our games by the odd goal and definitely some of those and some draws have been very frustrating and could/should have been a different result.

Just look at Saturday. Still cannot quite believe we lost that.

However, we can’t keep using excuses of what might have been. Pre-match interviews of how we owe it to the fans etc are just words. It’s time for the players to stand up and be counted and start delivering on the pitch. Every single one of them. 

Where better to start proving themselves than away to the league leaders. 

Its getting to that stage of the season where a few of them should be worrying about where they’ll be playing their football next season, if anywhere. 

Most have certainly not put themselves in the shop window or done anywhere near enough to earn a new deal. Mass clearout required, especially if things don’t change and soon. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything less than a 2 goal defeat here's a result for Airdrie.

You’ve a much better chance than that. Not much to separate any of the teams in this league. We struggled badly at home to Stranraer last week.

Two other considerations. First it’s at Gayfield where we have not been convincing at least the last half dozen games. Second, it follows an excellent result at Raith last weekend. The usual Arbroath custom going back decades is.. achieve good away result/bounce, leading to raised expectations, drawing in more punters (prospective fans) for the next home game and the inevitable, unexpected setback and deflation. It would be nice to challenge this age old tradition

Dick Campbell’s idea to change the lineup is a decent approach, but despite an excellent bench, this has backfired in a couple of games this season (eg v Edinburgh City).

On 2/18/2019 at 18:20, GoalForAirdrie said:

It’s amazing that in all the time we’ve been stuck in league 1, Arbroath have been relegated to league 2, almost got relegated out of league 2. Won league 2, and now inevitably heading to the Championship.  

Maybe that is what we need to do, we cannot seem to get any momentum in this league, and quite frankly I cannot see it happening any time soon.  Only Stranrear have had more consecutive seasons on this division, and only by one year!

1 minute ago, ART36-0 said:

David Hutton hopefully get hurt on Saturday the rat

Really - your team is flying in the league and you chose to make your first post one where you wish a professional footballer gets hurt - have a good look at yourself

8 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Maybe that is what we need to do, we cannot seem to get any momentum in this league, and quite frankly I cannot see it happening any time soon.  Only Stranrear have had more consecutive seasons on this division, and only by one year!

Knowing us though, we wouldn’t do an Alloa or Arbroath. We’d do a Clyde :(

17 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

You’ve a much better chance than that. Not much to separate any of the teams in this league. We struggled badly at home to Stranraer last week.

Two other considerations. First it’s at Gayfield where we have not been convincing at least the last half dozen games. Second, it follows an excellent result at Raith last weekend. The usual Arbroath custom going back decades is.. achieve good away result/bounce, leading to raised expectations, drawing in more punters (prospective fans) for the next home game and the inevitable, unexpected setback and deflation. It would be nice to challenge this age old tradition

Dick Campbell’s idea to change the lineup is a decent approach, but despite an excellent bench, this has backfired in a couple of games this season (eg v Edinburgh City).

I would change it slightly, i would start the same team as against Raith but the only change would be McCord in for Swanks as i think he needs a wee rest as he has not been at the top of his game the last few weeks although still done ok so in know way am i haven a go at him.

If things are going ok i would also give Doris a run out.

On 20/02/2019 at 10:38, ART36-0 said:

David Hutton hopefully get hurt on Saturday the rat

On 20/02/2019 at 12:01, ASC1878 said:

Snowflake

On 20/02/2019 at 10:41, Old Diamond said:

Really - your team is flying in the league and you chose to make your first post one where you wish a professional footballer gets hurt - have a good look at yourself

On 20/02/2019 at 12:15, Old Diamond said:

Did a fisherman leave a tin of maggots open down at Arbroath Harbour, if you did please put the lid back on as they are crawling out

23 hours ago, ART36-0 said:

Hahahah you make me laugh you bum

20 hours ago, ASC1878 said:

Biggest “yir da” patter ever

Sheer coincidence surely,that two new Arbroath accounts with similarly constructed user names and edgy patter both joined on Sunday evening...

54 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Sheer coincidence surely,that two new Arbroath accounts with similarly constructed user names and edgy patter both joined on Sunday evening...

and liking each others posts

Archived