Arbroath v Airdrie

I'd be happy to keep the same side. McKenna upfront with Spence though and Gold can shuffle out to the right.

Airdrie in a bit of a limbo, doesn't like they'll be close to the playoffs at both ends of the table. Wee bit of breathing space for us now too now that Raith 6 pointer has went in our favour.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Abandon ship now. Take the 3 points. Save us the trip up.

Trying to see as many games as I can so assuming the wind has eased I will be attending. As to the game  and our being " safe" from the relegation struggle I remain worried.   I think on form we are in line with Stranraer at the foot so I predict a draw!

Trying to see as many games as I can so assuming the wind has eased I will be attending. As to the game  and our being " safe" from the relegation struggle I remain worried.   I think on form we are in line with Stranraer at the foot so I predict a draw!

I’m the same - would have made the trip up but I have something on this Saturday. Should be back for Montrose tie. Just not where you want to be going when you need a win, but this league can throw up odd results at times.

6 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Same team. Wallace was a bit unlucky not to start but i agree spence worked hard & will keep his place.

Wallace was very unfairly dropped in my opinion; but it would also now be very unfair to drop one of McKenna or Spence after Saturday. Obviously we'll be playing a different shape with 2 up top as opposed to 1 which may make a difference to Wallace starting or not.

While it would be unfair to drop McKenna or Spence and I'd expect both to start Saturday, I will point out for what feels like the 10000th time that McKenna has 4 goals in 22/23 games now and Spence is yet to get off the mark. If we don't play Wallace and we struggle to score goals absolutely no-one can be surprised.

Despite the lack of goals (if Wallace missed the chances Spence did on the Tuesday night, he's immediately dropped from what we've seen so far) I've been very impressed with Spence's all round game, once he's fully fit and scoring goals he'll clearly be a big asset to the team.

I would add that on Saturday I completely agree with Wallace not playing due to the shape of the team. Waldo is never, ever a lone striker and that would have been a non starter for me. However, when playing 2 up top I'd start him almost always.

16 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Whatley is a must start for me also. Great return to the lineup for him in Saturday.

Mark got his chance on Saturday & seems to have played well. Maybe following his injury & not getting straight back in the side, he realised he needed to step up & put in a performance, which he did. Wouldn't mind having him & McCord in midfield v Airdrie, give Swanks a wee rest.

Mark got his chance on Saturday & seems to have played well. Maybe following his injury & not getting straight back in the side, he realised he needed to step up & put in a performance, which he did. Wouldn't mind having him & McCord in midfield v Airdrie, give Swanks a wee rest.

I’d rather start Gav, let him run the show, help us to a 3-0 half time advantage and then replace him to give him a rest

I’d start Whatley (makes us more solid in the middle) and Wallace. Bringing McCord in from the start also appeals.

A win to follow up last Saturday is a high priority.

But it’s at Gayfield where strong reminders of the old failings of recent seasons have resurfaced of late (only 2 goals and 4 points in the last 4 home games). Pity we couldn’t play the rest of the season away from home, much as I love our home turf. Maybe the confidence boost of the Raith win can give us some edge, provided we’re not complacent.

I like Spence a lot more than Wallace. 

Wallace just doesn’t do enough for me, he was brilliant earlier in the season when we were free flowing and creating a lot of chances but we require a bit more work ethic up there just now so happy with Spence and McKenna. 

I like Spence a lot more than Wallace. 
Wallace just doesn’t do enough for me, he was brilliant earlier in the season when we were free flowing and creating a lot of chances but we require a bit more work ethic up there just now so happy with Spence and McKenna. 

What more would you like Wallace to do? He's literally had a direct part to play in 33% of our league goals [emoji23]

Would also agree with that, but some strikers are just like that, greedy and moany

In terms of his overall game and work rate though he puts a shift in and obviously isn't perfect, nobody is, but he brings a lot to the team. Stats speak for themselves, 17 goals and assists, only Bobby with 22 better

Think Bobby will have accumulated a lot more minutes too. Wallace found himself in and out for a wee while now

I’m the same - would have made the trip up but I have something on this Saturday. Should be back for Montrose tie. Just not where you want to be going when you need a win, but this league can throw up odd results at times.
Hope I can report a draw at least. Noticed that Brechin have won only 2 away wins, both at Broomfield.

18 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What more would you like Wallace to do? He's literally had a direct part to play in 33% of our league goals emoji23.png

Nothing really, quite happy with the contribution we’ve had from Wallace, I would just prefer to stick with Spence at the moment.

Archived