Falkirk v Dundee United

Ross County knocked out AET and penalties to ICT tonight.

The relevance of this to ourselves?

They will probably be absolutely knackered when they travel to Glasgow to face Thistle on Saturday.

Just piles that little bit of added pressure on us to beat United,,,,,

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, kiddy said:

Imagine the furore if these pussies had to play on blaes nowadays!

Image result for blaes pitch

I remember all too well any game west of Banknock and you were introduced to the wonders of the red blaes pitch. I remember twice getting battered 4-0 and 6-1 on those parks, then getting the self same teams back on grass in Larbert and beating both by double figures. Dial in red blaes plus a proper old school orange Mitre Mouldmaster, and you knew you were in for a day from hell. 

Most times, you didn’t need a shower after the game......just rash cream and bandages.

7 hours ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

We signed quality though.

You signed a finished Paul Dixon and "The Edge" :lol:

What’s this “we” pish? Beyond occasionally paying to get in, your contribution to “we” is what?

You are one of those dicks that wears a Ferrari jacket in the hope that somehow folk think you are a serious player. They don’t.

Ross losing out tonight, might it be that your missing match against them, Falkirk fans, is arranged for the first weekend in March?

Red ash parks: what I recall from journeying west to play on them with school teams is writing gang slogans on the park prior to the matches. Later, in amateur/welfare games, they were great for set pieces, corners or free kicks, letting the big lads get in for headers. But Valderma was always on call after the play finished.

Saturday: Reynolds is an Aberdeen player, maybe they insist he doesn't play in certain games. Would be very happy with a tight victory, as I can't see United making up the gap on Ross County given the number of games left, and County's form in the league over the season. But a win in this game might make me more optimistic. 

Ross losing out tonight, might it be that your missing match against them, Falkirk fans, is arranged for the first weekend in March?
Red ash parks: what I recall from journeying west to play on them with school teams is writing gang slogans on the park prior to the matches. Later, in amateur/welfare games, they were great for set pieces, corners or free kicks, letting the big lads get in for headers. But Valderma was always on call after the play finished.
Saturday: Reynolds is an Aberdeen player, maybe they insist he doesn't play in certain games. Would be very happy with a tight victory, as I can't see United making up the gap on Ross County given the number of games left, and County's form in the league over the season. But a win in this game might make me more optimistic. 
Full card in March. 2x Friday night games (v Morton A & Ayr H) followed by Patrick H & both QoS + ICT A, on subsequent Sat's.

38 minutes ago, kiddy said:
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:
Saturday: Reynolds is an Aberdeen player, maybe they insist he doesn't play in certain games. Would be very happy with a tight victory, as I can't see United making up the gap on Ross County given the number of games lhttps://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=follow&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=260155eft, and County's form in the league over the season. But a win in this game might make me more optimistic. 

Full card in March. 2x Friday night games (v Morton A & Ayr H) followed by Patrick H & both QoS + ICT A, on subsequent Sat's.

Looks like a nice wee compression of two late season RC games, and a DU one. Biggest favour we could do for ourselves is to win on Saturday. Three points, absolutely, but the potential to have more far reaching consequences. It could potentially kill DUs title hopes, and by the time we play RC in a near double header, the league could be done and dusted a la the Buds last season. Lots of ifs, buts, and maybes of course.

You obviously never said that yourself, but you appeared to echo it, and I'm glad you are a supporter of astro parks. Ours has been brilliant for 5 years now.
Maybe he or Aberdeen do have those concerns, maybe they don't. I just think it's lazy thinking on players' and commentators' behalf in general that they think they are dangerous, when they clearly are not more dangerous than grass.
Apologies for misrepresenting you; I just like to see that sort of guff challenged.

Of course they are. A decent grass pitch should be the first choice every week (for top leagues). I am well aware of the commercial benefits for smaller clubs like our teams. However, it is really not lazy to suggest that there is a higher likelihood of injuries being caused by plastic pitches.

Additionally, for some young players it is all they know. When they move up ages and come to play on grass then they will find it difficult

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I remember all too well any game west of Banknock and you were introduced to the wonders of the red blaes pitch. I remember twice getting battered 4-0 and 6-1 on those parks, then getting the self same teams back on grass in Larbert and beating both by double figures. Dial in red blaes plus a proper old school orange Mitre Mouldmaster, and you knew you were in for a day from hell. 

Most times, you didn’t need a shower after the game......just rash cream and bandages.

Orange mitres apart, the first astro turf at Brockville had similar effect of ash pitches. I had a reoccurring opening wounds week to week, one where I had to end up with docs giving me cream to heal a really bad one.

5 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

We are playing Morton, a quick look shows Ross County will have a game against Utd and Dunfermline also to reschedule due to cup games (challenge cup & Scottish cup)

The downside for us, is that more than likely our game will be rescheduled first

54 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Of course they are. A decent grass pitch should be the first choice every week (for top leagues). I am well aware of the commercial benefits for smaller clubs like our teams. However, it is really not lazy to suggest that there is a higher likelihood of injuries being caused by plastic pitches.

Additionally, for some young players it is all they know. When they move up ages and come to play on grass then they will find it difficult

I'm sure a good few year ago there was some sort of survey in America which prove no surface had greater risk of injury and artificial wasn't as bad as it's portrayed.

It's a hard thing to prove given 20% or so of our league clubs have artificial surfaces. I can only think of one of our players in David Mitchell getting a bad injury due to the surface. The bad injuries to players were mostly on grass in recent years bar Loy at QoS but like the others, were due to late challenges and would've also happened on artificial surfaces also.

In the ideal world, it would be all grass pitches but both our weather and £s for  decent grass pitches is a big factor why it's ideal for our country and many other countries. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Reminds me of Saturday mornings playing football for the BBs on the red ash park at Hallglen as if the ash and the mouldmaster werent bad enough you had hailstones thrown into the mix.  Its neither wonder that the world looks on us as a bit nuts as a nation, you would need to be to play fitba in the above conditions.

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

You'll have statistics to back this up? 

If we keep getting results it won’t matter a f**k what others do.

It is in our own hands to stay up. If we don’t we can’t complain from this position

23 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Regarding plastic pitches and injuries, somebody put up a link to the data on another thread showing there is no difference - https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2019/1/7/turf-and-injuries-the-data-hurts

?format=2500w

(In the US it seems "turf" is 4G)

I thought turf = grass?

Archived