Falkirk v Dundee United

1 hour ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Some are less shite than others, as witnessed on Saturday.

f**k paying to watch  Falkirk every week. Brutal

where was the 3-0 easy away win ?

Great outlay to confirm 2nd tho

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scoring goals has been a problem all season unfortunately.
Creating chances isn't the issue, you'd have seen that on Saturday if you were there.

Over by half time? I can only remember you having one chance. The one that was skied over from 4 yards out. Meanwhile we had the McShane freekick, DKDs unmarked header and McGhees header at the back post.

Nah it was Gary Holt.

We started doing it every home game from the start of his season but stopped after 4 or 5 games. I’m not sure if it was the opposition teams or SPFL that had a problem with it though. Think it’s a good idea tbh.

Yeah I think it was to do with needing both teams to agree, whether that was a rule or just courtesy I’m not sure. I remember it being fairly effective for us so perhaps teams just stopped agreeing to it.

Thought it was Falkirk but probably wrong,  but was there not a team in the Championship at the start of last season or one before that tried the multi-ball system where ball boys had replacements to throw on when the ball went out of play. I don't think the "experiment"  lasted very long into the season though. 

Yes, Gary Holt introduced it however the referees banned it.

This guy [emoji23]. If Dundee are such a big team then why have they been stuck down here?

Love the fact that all these players that “are far too good for the championship” have knocked back juventus, Milan, Lyon etc for the team sitting 3rd in a rotten league.

They are playing in the championship because they are sh*t. This is their level. Showed on Saturday.

"Dundee" ! What feckin game were you at , fool. F.T.D.'83.

14 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

More possession, more shots and more corners.

Thanks for clarifying.

Whilst I appreciate that this may not be a given, let me attempt to explain this to you:

The fact that one team has more possession, shots and corners in a game than the other does not automatically mean that they dominated. I would concede the point if the stats were massively skewed but they're not are they? Our game plan since McKinnon came in is to allow the opposition to have the ball then attempt to hit on the break and I would be surprised if we've had more possession in any more than a small handful of games this season. We're now a bit better equipped to be able to take the play to teams and I would expect that to happen as we near the end of the season and the possession etc stats then starting to even out a bit.

Comprendi?

Weird the amount of teams that have come to TFS this season and 'outplayed', 'battered' or 'dominated' us, but still created a similar amount of chances, scored the same number of goals and deservedly left with just a point. Almost as if lots of nothing passes in the middle of the park, against a team happy to cede possession and play on the break, doesn't win you a football match.

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Whilst I appreciate that this may not be a given, let me attempt to explain this to you:

The fact that one team has more possession, shots and corners in a game than the other does not automatically mean that they dominated. I would concede the point if the stats were massively skewed but they're not are they? Our game plan since McKinnon came in is to allow the opposition to have the ball then attempt to hit on the break and I would be surprised if we've had more possession in any more than a small handful of games this season. We're now a bit better equipped to be able to take the play to teams and I would expect that to happen as we near the end of the season and the possession etc stats then starting to even out a bit.

Comprendi?

If a team doesn't dominate by having more possession and more shots (presuming more attacking play from those stats) and more set pieces how would it go about dominating? 

Fair stretch of logic there ceding possession to the opposite by stating you could dominate through hitting on counter attacks. 

Absolutely subjective analysis of statistics for sure. 

United had more possession but created the square root of feck all with it basically. One good move they scored from and the only other real problems they caused were by high balls into the box which we failed to deal with properly.  Its not as if they missed a barrowload of sitters. Ralphie seems to be copying his namesake and spending too much time on the bevvy.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Nah it was Gary Holt.

We started doing it every home game from the start of his season but stopped after 4 or 5 games. I’m not sure if it was the opposition teams or SPFL that had a problem with it though. Think it’s a good idea tbh.

Seems the overlords up here have a problem with any kind of speed and prefer big breaks in play.

Quick free-kicks regularly pulled back.

Guys blocking quick free-kicks allowed

No multiball

Rarely see an advantage played by refs.

Never understand why unless it's a fitness issue and our refs like a wee rest.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yogis Falkirk teams had more possession but created the square root of feck all with it basically. One good move they scored from and the only other real problems they caused were by high balls into the box which we failed to deal with properly.  Its not as if they missed a barrowload of sitters. 

FTFY.

Sounds familiar.

United had more possession but created the square root of feck all with it basically. One good move they scored from and the only other real problems they caused were by high balls into the box which we failed to deal with properly.  Its not as if they missed a barrowload of sitters. Ralphie seems to be copying his namesake and spending too much time on the bevvy.

Oooh.........c'mon now, are you Sebco in disguise ? Let's not start going down the uber personal route, let's stick to the banter.

55 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

If a team doesn't dominate by having more possession and more shots (presuming more attacking play from those stats) and more set pieces how would it go about dominating? 

Fair stretch of logic there ceding possession to the opposite by stating you could dominate through hitting on counter attacks. 

Absolutely subjective analysis of statistics for sure. 

What, I said we dominated because we hit on the counter attack? We haven't dominated a game all season which was the point I was making.

Would you say that a team who had 51% possession and one more shot than their opponents 'dominated' the game? Please bear in mind how the term would be applied to a football match.

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What, I said we dominated because we hit on the counter attack? We haven't dominated a game all season which was the point I was making.

Would you say that a team who had 51% possession and one more shot than their opponents 'dominated' the game? Please bear in mind how the term would be applied to a football match.

Possession was 59% in Uniteds favour according to the BBC and Google. 

I would say that's at least dominating the possession of the ball and having more attacks based on the shots on and off target along with more set pieces would suggest we made more chances. 

I await your next goalpost shifting. 

Archived