Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great point for us yesterday,  and our goal was class from the South Stand. Wasn't our best performance but Dundee Utd played very well and I thought we missed Osman in midfield. Paton had a great game in his place, but we missed Osman's physicality as we were constantly losing the 50/50 challenges in midfield, meaning we struggled to get any foothold in the game before our equaliser. Felt great to have decent options off the bench, thought Todorov and Jarvis really made a difference once they came on. Todorov bullied their defence and has one of the silkiest first touch's I've seen in a Falkirk player for a while, and Jarvis looked really sharp and was making great runs.

Huge game next Friday,  let's hope we can keep our performance levels up.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Though it's interesting to consider that only two summers ago, folk were complaining that we had too much continuity;  ie when we gave extensions to Watson, Taiwo, Shepherd, Henderson, Blues & Kerr.

The complaint wasn't too much continuity, it was giving contracts to players who weren't up to the level required. Falkirk fans are obsessed with themes or strategies, just sign good players no matter where we can get them from and don't give contracts to dross, whether that's a youth player hanging around too long (Shepherd), a proven diddy from the same level as us (Harris), or an EPL academy drop out (Lewis). 

We really must do something about our ball boys too. We must have the country's worst set. Where do we get them from? They're not even interested!
this. no disrespect at all to the young lads helping out, however, at one point in the game when we were chasing it took a full minute to get the ball back. one goal could make the difference this season between staying up and going down. we are very naive as a club this has gone on for years now I remember it happening in playoff games when we had momentum and needed to score.

I'd like to see our u16 players or the likes doing it a) because they get the ball back quicker when we need it b) most importantly it gets them used to match day atmosphere and gives them something to motivate them

Watched the highlights back and forgot just how good McShanes outside of the foot pass down the line to Petravicius was. Great pass.

McShane is exactly the kind of player we’ve been missing for years and the player that Joe McKee possibly could be if he wasn’t such a lazy shitebag.

Falkirk fans’ inbuilt need to moan about something leading to the ball boys getting caned now.
Impressive commitment.
^^^ Wondered what the background shouting was all about, when he phoned his lad, at 20 past 4, to ask "how's the ball boy job going?"

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, it's class to be able to be an actual threat from set plays again. McShane is a very very good signing. The Terrace Podcast were on about him last week and summed him up well I think, the next player to touch the ball after Ian McShane will always be a Falkirk player.

Hopefully  not when he shoots though.

49 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

this. no disrespect at all to the young lads helping out, however, at one point in the game when we were chasing it took a full minute to get the ball back. one goal could make the difference this season between staying up and going down. we are very naive as a club this has gone on for years now I remember it happening in playoff games when we had momentum and needed to score.

I'd like to see our u16 players or the likes doing it a) because they get the ball back quicker when we need it b) most importantly it gets them used to match day atmosphere and gives them something to motivate them

I agree actually. You go to some places and the ball boys are trained to military precision to get the ball back quick when losing and take there time when winning. Our lot just look like they cant be arsed.

Thought it was Falkirk but probably wrong,  but was there not a team in the Championship at the start of last season or one before that tried the multi-ball system where ball boys had replacements to throw on when the ball went out of play. I don't think the "experiment"  lasted very long into the season though. 

Archived