Falkirk v Dundee United

Other than the Choir and the away end at Brockville I very much doubt the atmosphere anywhere else in the ground was any different to Westfield.

Hope St used to get stick from the Choir for being quiet all the time and don't even try to pretend the main stand ever had an atmosphere.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don’t think Dundee Utds two injured centre half’s will be walking into any team for the foreseeable future [emoji102].
Will this be the post that tips Old Danger over the threshold into square go offering territory....

It might be, and you can all queue up behind me.

9 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Excellent point. Dundee United should have buried us really

When was this?

Bury us by passing the ball around midfield or bury us by giving the ball to that fella out on the wing who constantly ran the ball out for a throw In?

He's gonnae really enjoy Alloa.

ETA BBC says we both had 3 shots on target.

Glad you came to the conclusion Utd gave us a pasting

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Other than the Choir and the away end at Brockville I very much doubt the atmosphere anywhere else in the ground was any different to Westfield.

Hope St used to get stick from the Choir for being quiet all the time and don't even try to pretend the main stand ever had an atmosphere.

The season we won the league under jeffries with stainrod the atmosphere was superb every week whether we were playing dunfermline with a big away support or clydebank with hardly anyone.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

The season we won the league under jeffries with stainrod the atmosphere was superb every week whether we were playing dunfermline with a big away support or clydebank with hardly anyone.

Well I'm not gonnae argue as it would be tough to find footage from nearly 30 years ago and as I was a P/S child I didn't really notice the atmosphere.

Was really expecting you to throw up something more recent like the last 5 years at Brockville but the last 15 will have to do.

10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

When was this?

Bury us by passing the ball around midfield or bury us by giving the ball to that fella out on the wing who constantly ran the ball out for a throw In?

He's gonnae really enjoy Alloa.

ETA BBC says we both had 3 shots on target.

Glad you came to the conclusion Utd gave us a pasting

Well, they are the better side and had they used the ball better in the final third they could have scored a few.

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well I'm not gonnae argue as it would be tough to find footage from nearly 30 years ago and as I was a P/S child I didn't really notice the atmosphere.

Was really expecting you to throw up something more recent like the last 5 years at Brockville but the last 15 will have to do.

So your basing your comment on only the last few years of brockville then. You asked me to point you in the direction of atmospheric games at brockville against nobodies. I did 

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think McKenna,Dixon and especially Paton prevented them from creating much

Good lad Paton. Not exactly a United legend, but noticed both today and the game before Christmas that he made a point of going over to the United fans to give us a wee acknowledgement. Clearly holds his United days dear

I think the number of times the ball was bouncing around inside our box, it was inevitable Utd were going to score some time. We got lucky a helluva lot of times, they got lucky once. 

That said, they played with a pattern and a plan. Particularly after the substitutions, our shape had gone and the plan was just to lump it forward.

Great 5 minutes though, as others have said. The reason we put up with so much dreary shite. 

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate Ian McShane's TFS set piece delivery. Scores against Invenress, then against Queens he whips one straight on to Edgenguele's napper for him to score, and puts it on a plate for McKenna today. Some boi 

Yes, it's class to be able to be an actual threat from set plays again. McShane is a very very good signing. The Terrace Podcast were on about him last week and summed him up well I think, the next player to touch the ball after Ian McShane will always be a Falkirk player.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its great when youve got a decent away support but when your playing the likes of alloa, county or ict its a problem.  Brockville on the other hand could build up an atmosphere whether there was 2000 in the away end of just a mini bus fulk.

Look, I loved Brockville as much as everyone else, if not more, but this is utter shite. Plenty games at Brockville had a shite atmosphere, particularly during soul-destryoing seasons of finishing mid-table in the First Division.

Look, I loved Brockville as much as everyone else, if not more, but this is utter shite. Plenty games at Brockville had a shite atmosphere, particularly during soul-destryoing seasons of finishing mid-table in the First Division.
Yep. Should go without saying but evidently not. Even as a young scamp at the time I can remember many games of it being like a morgue. Perhaps when you take the average game where 40 or 50 folk in the SS sing at TFS and compare it to the same thing happening at Brockville at the cage then aye it would have carried a bit better but then, as now the fans will respond to the team.

Regarding the atmosphere mentioned late in the game, there was a wee bit of a rise in noise when Falkirk got the free kick which led to the goal, but after that score there was nothing outstanding of note from my position right on the half way line. The stadium doesn't appear to lend itself to creation of an aura.

Archived