Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

This.

Partick were 4 points ahead at one point today in 8th, then ended the day bottom. Sums it up.

Nae really shit teams and nae really good teams mean the league is very competitive if not the best quality wise.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Finding it hard.  I came away from the game today very angry.

This is the third cameo appearance I have seen by Sow and he has been shite in all three.

But I don’t blame the player; if we’re 3-0 up fine, give him game time.  We were 1-0 up Safranko wasn’t tiring, he hadn’t picked up a knock, he was looking dangerous every time he was going forward and he had the Falkirk defence rattled.  It was crazy to bring him off with us having such a slender lead.

I recognise and appreciate what Neilson had done but when he fucks up he has to be called on it.  He fucked up badly today and I’m concerned he will continue to do so.

I’m worried that he feels obliged to justify signing Sow.  I genuinely think if he persists on giving him playing time in tight games he can cost us the title.

I'm thinking Neilson may be thinking that Sow is our player, Safranko is on loan. Daft though, Safranko was giving the back line bother. However, Sow looked a bit more mobile than he has previously, when he'd made an impression of a statue.

We are trying to play through teams a bit too much for me, having players who could be more direct as a variation. Poor two points to drop, but credit to Falkirk for taking advantage.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm thinking Neilson may be thinking that Sow is our player, Safranko is on loan. Daft though, Safranko was giving the back line bother. However, Sow looked a bit more mobile than he has previously, when he'd made an impression of a statue.

We are trying to play through teams a bit too much for me, having players who could be more direct as a variation. Poor two points to drop, but credit to Falkirk for taking advantage.

Maybe that’s the thinking, but we’re needing to get promoted, other matters are for when we do.

Or don’t.

Neilson cost us that game.  Dominating it then he makes a completely unnecessary substitution and replaces a capable hard working striker who is causing the Falkirk defence all sorts of problems with a guy who is fucking useless.  
Thanks Robbie.

Go and take a f**k to yourself

58 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

If Petra scored with his chance the roof was coming off the place!

Said as much myself.

The noise levels after the equaliser will piss off all those who love to tell anyone that Westfield has no atmosphere.

50 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Third and fourth choice thankfully. No need to worry about the seventh choice guy. Failing to put teams away is what will cost us.

You didnt create anywhere near enough chances to put us away that was the main problem.  Main threat was from set pieces but apart from that united had very few clear cut chances at all.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Said as much myself.

The noise levels after the equaliser will piss off all those who love to tell anyone that Westfield has no atmosphere.

Its great when youve got a decent away support but when your playing the likes of alloa, county or ict its a problem.  Brockville on the other hand could build up an atmosphere whether there was 2000 in the away end of just a mini bus fulk.

Whilst I thought United passed the ball about quite well with good movement of their front players, Im struggling to think of Burgoyne having much to do. Aside from the header off our own bar and the rebound being blazed over in the first half, and the shot over the bar at the front post just after United's goal in the second I don't think we gave away many chances either, which is encouraging 

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You didnt create anywhere near enough chances to put us away that was the main problem.  Main threat was from set pieces but apart from that united had very few clear cut chances at all.

Don't remember the goalie making any saves of note

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its great when youve got a decent away support but when your playing the likes of alloa, county or ict its a problem.  Brockville on the other hand could build up an atmosphere whether there was 2000 in the away end of just a mini bus fulk.

You'll seriously need to point me in the direction of these atmospheric games against nobodies at Brockville.

Archived