Falkirk v Dundee United

Easily the most competitive game seen at the Bairnabeu since the playoff defeat by Utd.
Whilst having the majority of the play, Utd had precious little on target. Goal apart, McGhee's header off the bar, 1st half, was the closest they came! Though I do think Utd will be thereabouts come the season's end.
We really need to be up to speed at the start of every half. We got away with it early on, but gave up a fairly simple finish at the start of the 2nd.
Whether we would have equalised, had the ref not completely made an arse of things, is debatable. Gomis going down, under negligible challenge, ultimately cost his side 2 points. Though having only forced Utd's keeper into the first half save, from the FK. Our best chances followed that incident. Scoring, then forcing a class save at his near post late on.
Thought we were going to have serious pressure on us, with results elsewhere, but came away happy enough with the outcome. A share of the points being about right.
Onward to the Viper's Nest, next, & a chance to drag the Ton right into the snake pit. [emoji216]

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neilson cost us that game.  Dominating it then he makes a completely unnecessary substitution and replaces a capable hard working striker who is causing the Falkirk defence all sorts of problems with a guy who is fucking useless.  

Thanks Robbie.

Neilson has cost us 2 points today with the decision to bring Sow on for Safranko. Safranko at no point looked like scoring but his link play and work rate was again outstanding and was helping us keep the play in the Falkirk half, that changed after the substitution. Falkirks only threat was set pieces and it was no great surprise that is how they got the goal but ffs keeper if you are going to come that distance you need to get the ball.

Neilson cost us that game.  Dominating it then he makes a completely unnecessary substitution and replaces a capable hard working striker who is causing the Falkirk defence all sorts of problems with a guy who is fucking useless.  
Thanks Robbie.
Thank f**k theres to be another 5 or 6 Bairns posts after this one.

22 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Oh, & nodding the ball out to concede a throw, then writhing about, being awarded the foul in the process. WTF is that all about. Foreign referees? Bring it on.

I thought it was a pretty obvious piece of cheating in an attempt to get McGhee a second yellow card. Should have been hounded by our support far more for it imo. The fact the linesman actually bought it from 3 yards away summed up the officials performance today  

Thanks Robbie.

Unnecessarily harsh here I think, I agree it was the wrong decision but I can understand the rationale of wanting to give sow game time and maybe not overworking Pav ahead of midweek, unfortunately it didn’t come off.
Neilson (albeit with the help of a lot of outlay) has totally transformed the team over the last couple of months yeh overall application and quality, we are definitely getting there.

5 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Unnecessarily harsh here I think, I agree it was the wrong decision but I can understand the rationale of wanting to give sow game time and maybe not overworking Pav ahead of midweek, unfortunately it didn’t come off.
Neilson (albeit with the help of a lot of outlay) has totally transformed the team over the last couple of months yeh overall application and quality, we are definitely getting there.

F*ck off.

Just now, dregs 83 said:

Lol, calm down.

Finding it hard.  I came away from the game today very angry.

This is the third cameo appearance I have seen by Sow and he has been shite in all three.

But I don’t blame the player; if we’re 3-0 up fine, give him game time.  We were 1-0 up Safranko wasn’t tiring, he hadn’t picked up a knock, he was looking dangerous every time he was going forward and he had the Falkirk defence rattled.  It was crazy to bring him off with us having such a slender lead.

I recognise and appreciate what Neilson had done but when he fucks up he has to be called on it.  He fucked up badly today and I’m concerned he will continue to do so.

I’m worried that he feels obliged to justify signing Sow.  I genuinely think if he persists on giving him playing time in tight games he can cost us the title.

Finding it hard.  I came away from the game today very angry.
This is the third cameo appearance I have seen by Sow and he has been shite in all three.
But I don’t blame the player; if we’re 3-0 up fine, give him game time.  We were 1-0 up Safranko wasn’t tiring, he hadn’t picked up a knock, he was looking dangerous every time he was going forward and he had the Falkirk defence rattled.  It was crazy to bring him off with us having such a slender lead.
I recognise and appreciate what Neilson had done but when he fucks up he has to be called on it.  He fucked up badly today and I’m concerned he will continue to do so.
I’m worried that he feels obliged to justify signing Sow.  I genuinely think if he persists on giving him playing time in tight games he can cost us the title.

I agree with all of that and I’m not saying he should be immune to criticism I just think think there was a lot of good that could be taken from today.
Don’t think it merited that response, but hey ho.

Archived