Falkirk v Dundee United

Dundee Utd had most of the ball but didn’t really create much apart from at set pieces and thought we were worth our point.

First half an hour we were pretty shit not looking after the ball well enough at all but Utd final ball was really lacking. Their best chance came after Jordan McGhee headed against our bad and Safranko blazed over the rebound.

They started the second half far better and got the goal not sure about our defending mind but Cammy Smith tapped home unmarked at the back post. They had 5/10 minutes of real pressure after the goal but again didn’t create much. We looked much better when we brought on Jarvis and went 4-4-2. The 4-3-1-2 just wasn’t working and was leaving us exposed down both flanks.

As others have said the goal came from Paul Patons aggression and leadership demanding we contest the drop ball and he was never losing out to Peter Pawlett there. Terrible from their keeper for our goal he was never getting the ball and a good header from McKenna to flick the ball in. The last 10 minutes was really end to end but like the rest of the game nothing clear cut from either team.

I thought Paton was fantastic. I was worried about us missing Osman today and playing Paton so deep but he done a great job screening in front of the defence. Our best player today imo.

Was really impressed with both Todorov and Jarvis when they came on. Both big guys decent in the air, pacey and Todorov in particular was holding the ball up really well. I’d be looking to start them as a pair on Friday.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely got away with that today, United dominated and some of their movement middle to front is excellent. It makes it a lot either for them when both your full backs have poor days at the office right enough. 

I don't think any of them are world beaters but what a difference to have various options on the bench who all offer something a little bit different. 

Bonus point imo but we really need to get all three on Friday night. 

Great to see the away stand packed out, makes such a difference to the experience versus having 45 farmers thinly spread up the far end of the main stand. 

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Shot ourselves in the foot there. Stupid foul from Pawlett to give away the goal. Could argue we deserved to win but an objective viewpoint would probably suggest a draw was a fair result. 

I dont think you will find many Bairns to suggest a draw was a fair result, a great result it is for us.

First half I thought Utd were strong, powerful,attacking(looked like 4 up front at times) and had the game in their hand but didnt really create all that much hence why it ended 0-0

Utd started 2nd half well got the goal and either stepped of the full gas pedal or ran out of steam but became scrappy which is when we came in.

We were quite poor in a creative manner today, dont think the diamond mid suited today's game and we missed Osman who had been coming on to a game and is more composed than Paton. Burgoyne was a bit shaky today probably due to the rough tactics in the box in set play also and a little mention of the falling over by some of their players that fortunate if a feather touched them. The main stand lino was also a fukin joke today

I am completely over the moon with the point and sure I am not the only Bairn, I was impressed with Utd in their power and strength just the last third wasnt their today and Sow is a big donkey.

40 minutes ago, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

f**k off back to your own thread you racist piece of shit. 

32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Desperate to throw around insults without reason. Pathetic.

Quick to report me for supposed homophobia last time. Stay classy falkirk.

image.png.96337ca5adf73a1931dbfd3df6bf860d.png

Utd the better team, I thought robson was perfectly fine, mcghee however wasn't. Same as the Alloa game, couldn't believe rudden was being replaced and then we score. Until the drop ball with paton we were all very quiet. Then all of sudden found our voice and then big sexy mckenna headers home. Pleased with the result. Mental Alloa are in 8th. what a league. 

Poor game in the end but a decent point for us. Game summed up the piss  poor standard of the league once again. United better side but still bang average and with county winning questionmarks over whether neilson can produce the goods. How the hell did someone pay over a mill for osman sow. Came on to a fanfare and was utterly honking. Pawlett also a shadow of the  player he was at aberdeen who was tipped for a big future but now cant stand out in the championship..  We huffed and puffed but created very little with dkd looking well off the pace.  Our keeper also having looked rock solid so far had an extremely shaky game. Hopefully just a marshall against the scum type moment. Draw keeps the momentum going which was important.

image.png.96337ca5adf73a1931dbfd3df6bf860d.png
Utd the better team, I thought robson was perfectly fine, mcghee however wasn't. Same as the Alloa game, couldn't believe rudden was being replaced and then we score. Until the drop ball with paton we were all very quiet. Then all of sudden found our voice and then big sexy mckenna headers home. Pleased with the result. Mental Alloa are in 8th. what a league. 

Love everything Rudden has done for us this year but I was very happy he was being taken off, at that point of a game all his running catches up with him, doesn’t win much in the air and really struggles to hold it up, don’t think Todorov will score us many goals but it’s definitely a good aerial threat to have in reserve.

delighted with the point, attitude and unbeaten run continuing.

thought United were a decent side but seemed to rely heavily on set pieces and physicality. i can still see them winning the league.

for us thought the back 4 were great again. goalie looked suspect for the first time. kicked and threw a few wayward, handling wasn't great and didn't look commanding at corners. played well in other games though and definitely our best keeper. thought patons attitude was spot on and as others said his contesting of the drop ball was a turning point in the game. simple things sometimes. mcshane was decent again. thought kieller Dunn and waddington were quiet. up top Petra did enough however thought rudden yet again looked weak. first touch is poor and we had no out ball as it never stuck. he's young and a prospect but think it telling we played better when Jarvis and todorov came on.

good atmosphere today in the ground

Results today a perfect example of how difficult it is to get away from bottom two slots. It’s like quicksand.  This season has the potential for 6th to end up with only half a dozen points more than 10th.

Fair play to Alloa. I reckoned last week’s defeat might have done for them, but clearly not.

DU the better side today (hardly surprising given the outlay), but they definitely seem to rely too much on the physical side of things. Certainly not what I expected as they should have a bit more about them. They should skoosh this league, but if RC win their game in hand, then overturning those 8 points might be a bridge too far.

Our unbeaten run is good, but it’s being matched (in terms of points) by the rest around us. Real potential for Morten and QotS to get drawn into this mess. The more the merrier.

Happy to get a point out of that. Friday now absolutely massive for us. Every game now has the potential to trigger euphoria or deep despair. 

Didn't see the game today, delighted with a point and from the stats it looks like we really limited Utd's threat with both teams only having 3 shots on target.  We have been really organised the last few months and even when we let teams have loads of possession we are getting really good at stopping them from doing much with it. 

Archived