Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that’s disappointing, but i thought we played very well in spells.
Our inability to kill off games has fucked us though, if county win the game in hand I think we’ve had it for automatic promotion.
Fair play to Falkirk for hanging in, I always thought we were susceptible to set pieces.
I’m still as optimistic as I have been since we came down though, we have a good squad and the effort and work rate was spot on, sometimes it’s just not your day.

Thought United were comfortably the better side but didn't take their chances. Another day they could have had 3.
That said, excellent point for us, team didn't crumble under the pressure and if the decision making was a bit better in the couple of times we managed to break then we could have nicked it.
Incredible battle from 5th down now anyone could go down.

Dundee Utd deserved to win but fair play to Paton for contesting the drop ball as ultimately we wouldn’t have scored otherwise.

That was foolish from Utd. Why didnt they just hoof it up to Burgoyne?

Paton was pretty decent today as an aside

If that game was in the opening weeks I’d be happy to talk about how decent and competitive the game actually was. Unfortunately it is a big blow for us given the County win. Falkirk a much, much better side now. We had more of the ball and had a strong spell in the early part of the second half but didn’t create enough. For me the game changed after Safranko went off.

Well that’s disappointing, but i thought we played very well in spells.
Our inability to kill off games has fucked us though, if county win the game in hand I think we’ve had it for automatic promotion.
Fair play to Falkirk for hanging in, I always thought we were susceptible to set pieces.
I’m still as optimistic as I have been since we came down though, we have a good squad and the effort and work rate was spot on, sometimes it’s just not your day.

You didn’t create much mind you. You could argue we had the best other two chance in the game with the McKenna header and Petra at the end

Dundee Utd deserved to win but fair play to Paton for contesting the drop ball as ultimately we wouldn’t have scored otherwise.

I said that when we scored. Paton's reluctance to let them kick it back to us ultimately got us the goal. Paton's passion is his best attribute

Well United fucked themselves over there.  Easily the better team for most of the game, and whilst injuries hurt them the decision to take Safranko off seemed daft.  He was great and giving McKenna nightmares, his running from centre out wide was creating so much space.

And the United diving (Pawlett you whiny little shite) and play acting caught up with them.  Never a head knock against Gomis but he wanted to wind the clock down, and thankfully Paton was man enough to contest the drop ball.  Woke the Falkirk fans up as well.

Could have gone either way at the end, but we really were second best most of the game.  Great point, should be regarded as a point won and we need to focus on the next two matches.  Both feel winnable.

You didn’t create much mind you. You could argue we had the best other two chance in the game with the McKenna header and Petra at the end

Yeh that’s fair enough, we did hit the bar though and there were a few chances in the first half in from crosses into the box which looked close. Also it would have been a howler from the keeper, but sow almost scored with the spilled shot at the end.
IMO though we definitely had the best of the game and should have won it.

Archived