Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The DA said:

So, not 'statistically speaking' then?

You can bend statistics to suit, which can make them flawed. McKinnon taking over our shambles of a team will forever fuk up his win percentage with us, when actually winning a game was a miracle.

McKinnon still has your longest straight win run in the league.

I have little doubt Neilson will be the better manager and pre Utd  has achieved more. I have repeated the phrase that McKinnon failed at Utd, no statistics for that required.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You can bend statistics to suit, which can make them flawed. McKinnon taking over our shambles of a team will forever fuk up his win percentage with us, when actually winning a game was a miracle.

McKinnon still has your longest straight win run in the league.

I have little doubt Neilson will be the better manager and pre Utd  has achieved more. I have repeated the phrase that McKinnon failed at Utd, no statistics for that required.

Can you summarise your argument?

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

Can you summarise your argument?

That's unfair, the argument is quite clear: of the three managers we've had since we were relegated McKinnon's the best provided you ignore one of them and, anyway McKinnon failed at United so there! 

43 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Butcher against Paton will be a massacre. Paul's a big man but he's out of shape, etc.

I'd go with that team but Bouhenna in for Frans and probably Booth in for Robson.

Osman and Paton are playing the holding positions for us, Paton won't be expected to boss it on his own. Osman has improved week on week from a shitty start and if the two weeks off has allowed him to further build his fitness, then its him, not Paton you need concern yourself with for the midfield battle. 

They arent tasked with too much tbh, which suits them. McShane is always available so they are basically there to tackle or intercept then give it to McShane who will be trying to pull the strings.

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I think the argument here is that big Sam isn't a great England manager because he had a 100% win ratio

or Nelson Still being the greatest Scottish premier league goalkeeper ever

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Finally a sensible DU fan.

The reality is we are mile better than pre Christmas and we have a goalkeeper who would walk into any team in the league. I am also shocked DKD couldn’t get a game at RC.

Add that to the youth and unknown of Waddington and Jacobs I think a few Utd fans are under estimating us. Going to be a decent game IMO.

You are right in everything you say.

The reality also is however we are choked full of loan players , there seems to be no long term plan at Falkirk now.

But then you could say the same about Celtic and look at them.

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

You are right in everything you say.

The reality also is however we are choked full of loan players , there seems to be no long term plan at Falkirk now.

But then you could say the same about Celtic and look at them.

Can see your point about that but i think out of all our loan players the only ones whos contract isnt due to expire at their parent club is Zak, the rest all have contracts expiring at the end of the current season so if all goes well the chances are RM could offer them a contract to stay knowing they know the league, town and club. I would also give us the start to having a bit continuity at the club as far as first team goes.

On another note i think most clubs Premiership and Championship are choked full of loan players even when you look at Sevco they have a good few players on loan as well. Whether its a case of not wanting to take a risk on a player being a dud and having to buy out his contract (see us for that example) or wanting to see how they fit in before making an approach if the loan works out.

3/1 FFC, 14/5 the draw gives you at worst just shy of 2/1 for us not to lose.

Would have thought the bookies would have caught up with us by now. 7/1 to win at Ayr [emoji818]️, 14/5 home to QOS [emoji818]️, 2/1 away at Alloa[emoji818]️.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

3/1 FFC, 14/5 the draw gives you at worst just shy of 2/1 for us not to lose.

Would have thought the bookies would have caught up with us by now. 7/1 to win at Ayr emoji818.png️, 14/5 home to QOS emoji818.png️, 2/1 away at Alloaemoji818.png️.

You're 2/1 not to lose because you are up against the mighty mighty Terrors 

We had a decent transfer window you know.....;)

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If Dundee Utd win, as comfortably as they think they will, then it will be a standard Saturday evening for them.

If they lose or draw however. Well, this will be enjoyable.

So what you're saying is that we can't lose, even if we lose? I like your attitude. 

I feel the same way I did going into the 6-1 game . No real expectations to be honest and looking forward to a day out at the football. 

17 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If Dundee Utd win, as comfortably as they think they will, then it will be a standard Saturday evening for them.

If they lose or draw however. Well, this will be enjoyable.

To be fair, Win lose or draw, any thread packed full of Bairns truly is something to behold.

On a serious note, think this will be a tight game.

I am predicting that we will have enough to edge it by the odd goal though.

2-1 Franko and Clark, with Rudden scoring for the Bairns, to make the end of the game squeaky bum time as usual.

Archived