Falkirk v Dundee United

McKinnon was definitely better than Laszlo, but think almost every utd fan would agree that Neilson is better than both of them.
Never confident going to Falkirk as we have put in some of our worst performances of the last 3 years there.  But we do have a decent squad now, with a bit of quality in Harkes, Pawlett and Safranko who would all walk into any team in this league.  Hoping for a win but could be tight.

Finally a sensible DU fan.

The reality is we are mile better than pre Christmas and we have a goalkeeper who would walk into any team in the league. I am also shocked DKD couldn’t get a game at RC.

Add that to the youth and unknown of Waddington and Jacobs I think a few Utd fans are under estimating us. Going to be a decent game IMO.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think United have improved drastically in the window, are in good form and I like neilson as a manager.

i think falkirk have improved drastically in the window, are in good form and I like McKinnon as a manager.

i think it could be close with United edging it, happy to be proved wrong. a draw would be decent in this game imo.

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Finally a sensible DU fan.

The reality is we are mile better than pre Christmas and we have a goalkeeper who would walk into any team in the league. I am also shocked DKD couldn’t get a game at RC.

Add that to the youth and unknown of Waddington and Jacobs I think a few Utd fans are under estimating us. Going to be a decent game IMO.

What have I missed?

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Maybe, although it's inarguably wrong to say that he's the best manager we've had in our three years in the second flight if you're just going to ignore the guy who has a better record on the basis that he's not been in charge long enough. Fair enough if you want to argue that McKinnon's better than Laszlo. You'll struggle to find anyone who would argue with that. For the record, the respective win records are as follows:-

Neilson 61%

McKinnon at United 51%

Laszlo 42%

McKinnon at Falkirk 26%.

In all fairness to RM he inherited the worst ever Falkirk team in living memory and how the f**k he actually kept us within touching distance of those above us with that lot i will never know.   Its only since January he has managed to get his own team together.

On 21/02/2019 at 14:36, MrDust said:

its the random factor of when the fixtures of the play offs appear, dare you think of Dufc or even ICT reaching Scottish cup final can feck up the play offs, which is why the dates of the play offs are not set in stone yearly.

As mentioned in someone elses post Killie had a dead rubber of a last game and rested many players, which can happen season on season. The suspensions within the play offs also are favoured towards the SPFL team with cards within play offs being used just for them games, a team finishing 3rd or 4th have a mountain of 6 games in under 3 week and the 2 cards meaning suspension. I said from day one, I wont see a team finish in 3rd or 4th win a play off battle.

The whole set up rewards the losers in the SPFL

I dont think anyone is mentioning its because Ross County aren't running away with it as a reason its a poor, the reason is that it is a poor league. I also expected Ross County to be as they are with rookie managers, if they weren't where they are now, they would've been sacked/moved back to coaching

Ayr started the season off with typical championship winners form and currently now 3 wins in 12, Utd doing the usual we are back oh no we are not on repeat, Inverness drawing more games than they will win, Qos can compete with the top teams then crash and burn against all bottom feeders, tho are the only team in one game against us who looked a team. The rest of the teams dont need explained but ones below are/were either shite or plucky 

This season or the season Raith got relegated is for me the worst standard, that season 5 or 6 clubs went through around 10 games without a win but we still had a bit of quality the top end.

If County do win the league, it will go down as the most winnable league that I can remember

Great post and lots of thought and effort.

We'll worth a greenie imo.

I would think this will be a very tight game, we need to turn our first 45 mins in to the full 90 mins, the improvements in the recent weeks has been massive, worried about the boys petras pace, could really cause us problems, would love to have pawlett up against Dixon if he plays left back, I’d bring Cammy smith back in for added protection to left back! I’m going 2-0 United safranko and sows first goal

Benji
Seaman frans Connolly robson
Pawlett Butcher harkes Smith
Clark safranko

Butcher vs Paton will be a battle

19 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I would think this will be a very tight game, we need to turn our first 45 mins in to the full 90 mins, the improvements in the recent weeks has been massive, worried about the boys petras pace, could really cause us problems, would love to have pawlett up against Dixon if he plays left back, I’d bring Cammy smith back in for added protection to left back! I’m going 2-0 United safranko and sows first goal

Benji
Clark safranko

I'd be happy with that as long as your first 45 mins are shite.

With Edgenguele ineligible and McKee away to Dundalk the squad is a little lighter this week. Given it's nearly March I'm frankly quite pissed off that Fasan is still on our books. Hopefully we line up something like this:

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Dixon Robson

Waddington McShane Osman Kiellor-Dunn

Rudden Petravicius

Subs: Mitchell, Kidd, Brough, Paton, MacLean, Lavery, Jarvis/Todorov

I'll go for 1-0 Falkirk - Rudden with the goal, given he's on a bit of a dry spell by his standards

After Inverness and Ross County went all the way to penalties the other night I'd say Partick and Morton will fancy their chances more of getting something tomorrow. Important for us not to lose imo 

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Statistically speaking, Ray is still your best manager in the 3 years in the 2nd tier.

I personally have been surprised he hasnt been as rigid on the 4-2-3-1 like he was at Utd.

He seems a decent bloke too(dont ask Morton tho) 

Nonsense.

McKinnon won 51.4%, drew 26.4% for an average of 1.8 points per game.    Neilson's on 61%/22% for just over 2 points per game.

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Benji
Clark safranko

Butcher against Paton will be a massacre. Paul's a big man but he's out of shape, etc.

I'd go with that team but Bouhenna in for Frans and probably Booth in for Robson.

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

Nonsense.

McKinnon won 51.4%, drew 26.4% for an average of 1.8 points per game.    Neilson's on 61%/22% for just over 2 points per game.

80 games or so v 20 games or so 

Its like measuring Neilson v Mixu !!

Archived