Falkirk v Dundee United

12 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That would be a serious indictment of Neilson's management. I don't see it though.

That result plus the time they pumped Hearts 4-0 in the cup were the only times I can recall being genuinely amused and pleased at Falkirk winning. 

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't agree because you're only allowed 11 at a time! :P

Don't know enough about the 1st 4 plus Butcher, Gomis, Harkes or Sow to comment however, I don't think I would have Reynolds over McKenna, IMO Robson is better than Booth and McMullan's a sand dancer that I wouldn't want anywhere near our team. We already binned Watson as he wasn't good enough too. Also, Rudden's league goal scoring record is actually better than Safranko's (he hasn't been credited with a touch that he got on one goal) and Clark's. Fyvie, Stanton, Pawlett, Smith and Nesbitt are all decent players but I don't think any of them would 'walk straight into the Falkirk team'.

You've made these comments knowing very little if anything about several members of our squad too, so I'm not sure how you can say that all of those players would be automatic choices for us. 

They have won a couple of games so the "big team" delusion is starting to kick in again.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They have won a couple of games so the "big team" delusion is starting to kick in again.

I was going to make a similar type comment at the end of my last post as I think that's probably correct. I decided against it though as I felt the guy may take it the wrong way and go into the huff.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That result plus the time they pumped Hearts 4-0 in the cup were the only times I can recall being genuinely amused and pleased at Falkirk winning. 

:o What, even when we beat the cheeks? 

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't know enough about the 1st 4 plus Butcher, Gomis, Harkes or Sow to comment however, I don't think I would have Reynolds over McKenna, IMO Robson is better than Booth and McMullan's a sand dancer that I wouldn't want anywhere near our team. We already binned Watson as he wasn't good enough too. Also, Rudden's league goal scoring record is actually better than Safranko's (he hasn't been credited with a touch that he got on one goal) and Clark's. Fyvie, Stanton, Pawlett, Smith and Nesbitt are all decent players but I don't think any of them would 'walk straight into the Falkirk team'.

You've made these comments knowing very little if anything about several members of our squad too, so I'm not sure how you can say that all of those players would be automatic choices for us. 

I'm not sure even you're convinced by that.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Holy f**k! :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

teams for tomorrow then, al go 4231

Burgoyne

Mcgee Mckenna Dixon Robson

Osman Paton

Petra             DKD         Mclean

Rudden

Jarvis to come on and score the winner. 1 nil home win

I’ll go as well. That makes 4232 (although I think there will be more).

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Looking forward to this tomorrow. On paper we've probably got about 18 guys who'd walk straight into the Falkirk team*. Unless Ray's suddenly become a tactical genius that should be enough to see United through.

* Seaman, Bouhenna, Frans, Connolly, Reynolds (away games only), Booth, Fyvie, Stanton, Butcher, Gomis, Harkes, McMullan, Pawlett, Smith, Nesbitt, Clark, Safranko and Sow. Probably Watson and  Matty Smith as well but let's be generous.

Statistically speaking, Ray is still your best manager in the 3 years in the 2nd tier.

I personally have been surprised he hasnt been as rigid on the 4-2-3-1 like he was at Utd.

He seems a decent bloke too(dont ask Morton tho) 

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Statistically speaking, Ray is still your best manager in the 3 years in the 2nd tier.

I personally have been surprised he hasnt been as rigid on the 4-2-3-1 like he was at Utd.

He seems a decent bloke too(dont ask Morton tho) 

I like and respect Ray, it's not a criticism. Not sure his record is better than Neilson's though and he did run out of ideas at United at the end. 

Edit: Just checked, McKinnon with 51% win ratio against Neilson with 61%.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Robson is better than Booth as well, but United fans get on his case for off field indiscretions as well as ability on the park.

43 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I like and respect Ray, it's not a criticism. Not sure his record is better than Neilson's though and he did run out of ideas at United at the end. 

Edit: Just checked, McKinnon with 51% win ratio against Neilson with 61%.

Neilson just being the door is a flawed win ratio compared to someone with 80 games or so Id guess, only when Neilson has same amount at same level can that be used.

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Neilson just being the door is a flawed win ratio compared to someone with 80 games or so Id guess, only when Neilson has same amount at same level can that be used.

Maybe, although it's inarguably wrong to say that he's the best manager we've had in our three years in the second flight if you're just going to ignore the guy who has a better record on the basis that he's not been in charge long enough. Fair enough if you want to argue that McKinnon's better than Laszlo. You'll struggle to find anyone who would argue with that. For the record, the respective win records are as follows:-

Neilson 61%

McKinnon at United 51%

Laszlo 42%

McKinnon at Falkirk 26%.

5 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

teams for tomorrow then, al go 4231

Burgoyne

Mcgee Mckenna Dixon Robson

Osman Paton

Petra             DKD         Mclean

Rudden

Jarvis to come on and score the winner. 1 nil home win

McShane needs to be in there....Reckon it will be similar to previous weeks, 451 turning into a 433

McKinnon was definitely better than Laszlo, but think almost every utd fan would agree that Neilson is better than both of them.

Never confident going to Falkirk as we have put in some of our worst performances of the last 3 years there.  But we do have a decent squad now, with a bit of quality in Harkes, Pawlett and Safranko who would all walk into any team in this league.  Hoping for a win but could be tight.

Archived