Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Or on the flip side...

A side who had previously only lost 2 home games (us and Morton) previous to Saturday, a premier league team and a side miles better than Falkirk...

You're absolutely furious. Lovely stuff. 

Did you cut and paste that ?

We will see on Saturday, I have a wee cheeky bet on us at 3/1

2 hours ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

*United doing the signed a brand new team of players far too good for this league and have not lost a game since routine...

Your jealousy is palpable. Pleasing.

Not sure why we'd be jealous given we've done the exact same thing?

We only lost 4 games all season in a league containing both of them. County have already lost that amount with what 13 games to go.

And we had 4 games v Sevco and 6 v Hibs. Out of 10 games v those teams we only lost twice and one of those was a 89th minute Sevco winner. Remarkable record looking back

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And we had 4 games v Sevco and 4 v Hibs. Out of 10 games v those teams we only lost twice and one of those was a 89th minute Sevco winner. Remarkable record looking back

Agree. It's weird, houstie for all intents and purposes lost the dressing room when we parted company. But that record was awesome, wasn't even an exceptionally talented squad. Credit where it's due he had us playing good football that season and got more from players than their actual talent. Obviously all went downhill, but that squad playing the way it did would have walked league this season. 

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

And we had 4 games v Sevco and 6 v Hibs. Out of 10 games v those teams we only lost twice and one of those was a 89th minute Sevco winner. Remarkable record looking back

And now we get excited about beating Alloa.

If "The Destruction of Falkirk FC" was a movie, who would the Oscar got to :

Hartley

Mitchell

Lang

Campbell

CC would get my vote.

And now we get excited about beating Alloa.
If "The Destruction of Falkirk FC" was a movie, who would the Oscar got to :
Hartley
Mitchell
Lang
Campbell
CC would get my vote.

Glad you have been keeping an eye on us.

teams for tomorrow then, al go 4231

Burgoyne

Mcgee Mckenna Dixon Robson

Osman Paton

Petra             DKD         Mclean

Rudden

Jarvis to come on and score the winner. 1 nil home win

Looking forward to this tomorrow. On paper we've probably got about 18 guys who'd walk straight into the Falkirk team*. Unless Ray's suddenly become a tactical genius that should be enough to see United through.

* Seaman, Bouhenna, Frans, Connolly, Reynolds (away games only), Booth, Fyvie, Stanton, Butcher, Gomis, Harkes, McMullan, Pawlett, Smith, Nesbitt, Clark, Safranko and Sow. Probably Watson and  Matty Smith as well but let's be generous.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Looking forward to this tomorrow. On paper we've probably got about 18 guys who'd walk straight into the Falkirk team*. Unless Ray's suddenly become a tactical genius that should be enough to see United through.

* Seaman, Bouhenna, Frans, Connolly, Reynolds (away games only), Booth, Fyvie, Stanton, Butcher, Gomis, Harkes, McMullan, Pawlett, Smith, Nesbitt, Clark, Safranko and Sow. Probably Watson and  Matty Smith as well but let's be generous.

I don't agree because you're only allowed 11 at a time! :P

Don't know enough about the 1st 4 plus Butcher, Gomis, Harkes or Sow to comment however, I don't think I would have Reynolds over McKenna, IMO Robson is better than Booth and McMullan's a sand dancer that I wouldn't want anywhere near our team. We already binned Watson as he wasn't good enough too. Also, Rudden's league goal scoring record is actually better than Safranko's (he hasn't been credited with a touch that he got on one goal) and Clark's. Fyvie, Stanton, Pawlett, Smith and Nesbitt are all decent players but I don't think any of them would 'walk straight into the Falkirk team'.

You've made these comments knowing very little if anything about several members of our squad too, so I'm not sure how you can say that all of those players would be automatic choices for us. 

Archived