Falkirk v Dundee United

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The structure of the play offs is a joke.  It should be second bottom v second top.

BTW that’s a view I held and expressed when we were still in the Premier League.

Aye, the team in 11th in the top league may have the opportunity to rest players pre and chill before two games that will shape everything about their club, whereas even the team finishing 2nd usually has 4 games in usually around 9-10 days and as you know, theses games are high intensity and not in any means routine.

It is laughable that the powers that run our game feel that 6 games in the play offs should happen within a 2 week or so period will help our game flourish

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The structure of the play offs is a joke.  It should be second bottom v second top.

BTW that’s a view I held and expressed when we were still in the Premier League.

Even the fact that the second game is at the top flights teams home ground automatically is nonsense. Should be drawn out of a hat.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Aye, the team in 11th in the top league may have the opportunity to rest players pre and chill before two games that will shape everything about their club, whereas even the team finishing 2nd usually has 4 games in usually around 9-10 days and as you know, theses games are high intensity and not in any means routine.

It is laughable that the powers that run our game feel that 6 games in the play offs should happen within a 2 week or so period will help our game flourish

Powers that be are the clubs. Everyone shat it and came out with the cluster f**k. Should be simpler, like the other leagues in country or like the EFL ones IMO.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Powers that be are the clubs. Everyone shat it and came out with the cluster f**k. Should be simpler, like the other leagues in country or like the EFL ones IMO.

Do the play offs not date from the amalgamation of the SPL with the League? The balance of power lying firmly with the top flight clubs.

5 hours ago, MacArab said:

f**k me! 

I take my eye off this thread for 2 hours and it goes all sensible......

What happened to all the gnashing teeth and seething indignation???:rolleyes:

Just leave the P&B Bairns* to their own devices, by Friday the last 48 hours on here will look like a golden age.

* is the term Bairns applicable to the team, the fans or both?

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

How often does Shodwall go on about the league being “shite”? Give it up ffs.

Awaiting the comment that our team a few years ago would romp it.

They would?

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Totally agree. The loading in favour of the top league side is utterly ludicrous as is the percentage rip off of gate receipts to give the top flight side a wad (should they get relegated).

When there’s not a lot to choose between 2nd bottom and second top, it’s paramount to cheating to install further barriers (in the form of two additional games) to try and exhaust the Championship side before they face their “elite” opponents.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Totally agree. The loading in favour of the top league side is utterly ludicrous as is the percentage rip off of gate receipts to give the top flight side a wad (should they get relegated).

When there’s not a lot to choose between 2nd bottom and second top, it’s paramount tantamount to cheating to install further barriers (in the form of two additional games) to try and exhaust the Championship side before they face their “elite” opponents.

FTFY

20 hours ago, MrDust said:

Doesn't the final game of the Premiership coincide with the 2nd leg of the play-off semi-final?  I doubt the 11th team will have the luxury of kicking back end enjoying the last few post-split games as they are likely scrapping for their lives to avoid 12th or make safety at 10th.  

3 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

How often does Shodwall go on about the league being “shite”? Give it up ffs.

Awaiting the comment that our team a few years ago would romp it.

Do you think otherwise like? Footballs all about timing and our bod are horrendous at it.  No point in having a decent team when the league is almost impossible to win and then  shitting the bed when the standard drops considerably like we have.I've been watching Falkirk for 40 odd years the majority of it in this division so I think I've got enough experience of the league to be able to tell when the standard is feckin rank.  The fact that County who are top of the league struggled badly against possibly the worst Falkirk side in 30 years the last time we played says it all.  Just makes our situation even more embarrassing unfortunately.

Archived