Falkirk v Dundee United

4 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

How's Andrew Nelson doing for you lads this year? Looked a decent player last season. 

Sadly, he was only on loan but he's doing really well for the BIG Dundee team.

#dunkirk

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

How long has it taken Falkirk to put together a side worthy of promotion. 

7 or 8 years since the Bairns were in the top flight? 

When you consider that out of the time we have been out the top flight we have had Sevco for 2 of those seasons in the Championship, Hearts and Hibs , so straight away there's 4 teams that can outspend us.  We had the season where we had the play off against Killie and lost in the 2nd Leg (seriously should have been one leg, that is  on a par with a home and away game for the Scottish cup final)

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Unfortunately we don't  have the same amount of cash to waste as United have or we would've been out of here long ago.  United haven't even managed to come second yet for fecks sake.

Hartley and Co certainly helped you get rid of a decent stash of used notes. 

18 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hartley and Co certainly helped you get rid of a decent stash of used notes. 

Still nowhere near the kind of budget you guys have been since you came down.  United have so far ended up below  us, St Mirren and Livi all on much smaller budgets.  None of these teams have been anything special on the park either over that time.

1 minute ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Gutted the edge can’t play

To be honest he always looked mince against us but he's been pretty solid since he came in. Always think a partnership can improve a player.  The young boy mckenna we have is a great prospect , When he was at united the poor sod had to play beside utter dumplings like Scobbie, Donaldson, Durnan, Toshney, Mohsni, and Quinn. Its nae wonder he struggled.

30 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Still nowhere near the kind of budget you guys have been since you came down.  United have so far ended up below  us, St Mirren and Livi all on much smaller budgets.  None of these teams have been anything special on the park either over that time.

Even before United was relegated, and certainly subsequent to it, we have had issues of quality with the team and managers.  I doubt if you find many Arabs disagreeing with that.

I think many/most United supporters are now happy with the manager and very happy with the squad, moreso since the Christmas transfer window.  It’s certainly the strongest squad we’ve had since relegation and a squad with a decent amount of depth.

Will it be good enough to get us promoted?  We will have to wait and see, but I think it’s reasonable to differentiate between the options we have now and those we had just a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Even before United was relegated, and certainly subsequent to it, we have had issues of quality with the team and managers.  I doubt if you find many Arabs disagreeing with that.

I think many/most United supporters are now happy with the manager and very happy with the squad, moreso since the Christmas transfer window.  It’s certainly the strongest squad we’ve had since relegation and a squad with a decent amount of depth.

Will it be good enough to get us promoted?  We will have to wait and see, but I think it’s reasonable to differentiate between the options we have now and those we had just a few weeks ago.

You're only 3 points and a game more behind a piss poor County side. If Neilson cant get you up this season then I doubt he's the right man for the job either.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

You're only 3 points and a game more behind a piss poor County side. If Neilson cant get you up this season then I doubt he's the right man for the job either.

That’s a fair point.  Given how much support he’s been given since the new owner took over then he will have few excuses if we fail to get promoted.

FWIW in the last couple of seasons I have dreaded the play offs; if it comes to it this season I reckon we will have a decent chance.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s a fair point.  Given how much support he’s been given since the new owner took over then he will have few excuses if we fail to get promoted.

FWIW in the last couple of seasons I have dreaded the play offs; if it comes to it this season I reckon we will have a decent chance.

Playoffs are murder I agree mate.  You would be at worse second I would think but wont be easy going to somewhere like Ayr  or Inverness although I reckon Ayr may actually be the easier of those fixtures.  Then whose going to get the drop . Being selfish I hope that St Mirren and Hamilton are the two sides at the bottom as they would be less likely to be able to spend their way out of the league next season. You'd fancy your chances against either of them in a playoff.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd fancy our chances In the play offs but we must finish 2nd If we're gonna be In them. Against Hamilton we were run off our feet In the 2nd game.

1 minute ago, FifeArab said:

I'd fancy our chances In the play offs but we must finish 2nd If we're gonna be In them. Against Hamilton we were run off our feet In the 2nd game.

The structure of the play offs is a joke.  It should be second bottom v second top.

BTW that’s a view I held and expressed when we were still in the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The goal difference is worth a point alone to County and the best result last night wouldv'e been County winning for your lot, they will now have a free week to recharge the final sprint with quite a few midweek hurdles.

I think you have two games v County, Utd will probably need to win both to stand any chance of overhauling County.

County are no great shakes, or anyone in this league tbh, Ayr going through an 12 game period with 3 wins(2 of them against Utd) yet Utd still behind them tells you all you need to know.

I am looking forward to seeing this new utd team that have some utd fans frothing over......tho the frothing maybe an everyday occurrence for some it seems

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Why does that matter? Is your pitch any different to the pitch at Airdrie or Montrose?

Yes

2 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Well, since the squad was finalised, we've won 3 out of 3. So, it's worked out well so far.

you have won 3 games in a row before ?

Archived