Falkirk v Dundee United

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone spouting utd drivel in a FFC v Dufc match thread is going to be taken as a Utd fan, especially whilst using a mobile phone. 
Secondly I used United's lack of scoring more than two goals away in this league since Brechin were in the league and not the mentioned 5-0 defeat at home to Ayr, that was used in reference to that common United feeling that a corner has been turned, then bang.
Now, I think you are lost in quite a few areas, first of all, of you pop to the below forum

Mobile phone [emoji23].

Anyway, apology accepted. Thank you.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Possibly a poty for some supporters clubs end of season doos too I imagine, showing how horrific our season has been

Ditto to above, tho in the back of my mind concerned if/when we replace the surface we end up with similar to Killie, QoS or Hamilton.

The queen's fans denial in how bad there pitch was in the first season, then having it relaid after it, then still in denial that it was still poor, we could be in a similar situation with replacing it.

If we had similar issues to QoS, I'd have wanted it ripped up and replaced with grass. I am still content with our surface now, it hasn't went to the Alloa condition before they replaced theirs

I believe the original artificial pitch at Palmerston had issues in manufacture or laying,  the manufacturers/layers had to replace it at their expense.  The one that is down now is supposedly similar quality to  Falkirk's so presumably it plays the same.  Appearance-wise Falkirk's looks more "natural"  than Queens' and many others,  and is the best looking of the artificial types I have seen,   but again I think Queens have maybe had issues in the proper maintenance of the surface which affects cosmetic appearance rather than the way it plays.  Alloa's is a also a big improvement on what they had and should last a while as they only use half of it. I think the dislike of artificial pitches is mostly in the mind or an easy excuse if you have a bad game. 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
12 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Seeing Paton and Dixon name has given me the fear

Dixon has been outstanding for us. Hasnt put a foot wrong at CB or LB.

He didn't track Shield's run when he ran across him for Alloa's goal. Other than that, I would agree, he's done very little wrong and has probably been our most consistent player since he's come in.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I believe the original artificial pitch at Palmerston had issues in manufacture or laying,  the manufacturers/layers had to replace it at their expense.  The one that is down now is supposedly similar quality to  Falkirk's so presumably it plays the same.  Appearance-wise Falkirk's looks more "natural"  than Queens' and many others,  and is the best looking of the artificial types I have seen,   but again I think Queens have maybe had issues in the proper maintenance of the surface which affects cosmetic appearance rather than the way it plays.  Alloa's is a also a big improvement on what they had and should last a while as they only use half of it. I think the dislike of artificial pitches is mostly in the mind or an easy excuse if you have a bad game. 

Aye, Alloa's is going to end up with a long, worn strip right through the middle. Like an auld style stair carpet in reverse.

Looking forward to this, real test for the new look Bairns team. 

Like everyone else I was really impressed by Dundee Utds signings in January and fully expect that once they gel properly they'll start to blow teams away. Doesn't seem like they're quite there yet though so hopefully we can get something from this.

Edge being out is annoying but i'd like to see us keep the same set up we started with against QoTS. I still think we're a bit unbalanced up front with Petra and Rudden but both have been playing well so I'd keep Jarvis/Todorov on the bench.

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've never been impressed with the ball roll on the carpet pre first lay of grass and 2nd lay, the bounce isn't natural, which will be down to the foundations below the grass.

It's one of the better surfaces at Queen's but obviously issues there would have me wanting grass back

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I've never been impressed with the ball roll on the carpet pre first lay of grass and 2nd lay, the bounce isn't natural, which will be down to the foundations below the grass.

It's one of the better surfaces at Queen's but obviously issues there would have me wanting grass back

There's talk of upgrading the facilities and pitch at King George V  facility in Dumfries where Queens' Academy (?)  is based so that Reserve games,  Southern Counties games,  Amateurs League,  etc,   can be played there.  That would leave Palmerston purely for 1st team games.  It would be nice if that happened that Palmerston would revert back to grass but I doubt if it will.  Recent disclosures of financial losses may put paid to the upgrade happening anyway. 

Thing is its the likes of Rangers and Celtic that are the biggest critics of astroturf pitches its fine for them considering they can get a following out of being a Protestant or a Catholic but not every team in Scotland works like that so we need to get resources outwith Saturday games, Radio Scotland were talking about it on off the ball one Saturday and Killie had said if it wasn't for the pitch they would struggle financially as was Accies.  Last weeks one done by PFA scotland Accies, Livvy and Killie werent even consulted over the issue about astroturf.

Players might not like it but the some clubs its a lifeline and an extra revenue.

3 hours ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Plastic pitches are for small, diddy, tin pot outfits like Montrose, East Fife and Falkirk.

Thank You.

And Hamilton & Livingston. Two reasons you're still in this league. Add that to the 6-1 mauling and you must be shit*ing yourself for Saturday.

#DUFCPassOnPlastic

4 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

And Hamilton & Livingston. Two reasons you're still in this league. Add that to the 6-1 mauling and you must be shit*ing yourself for Saturday.

#DUFCPassOnPlastic

Aye totally bricking it despite humping you in each fixture since that game, with a squad of players nowhere near as good as we have now.

10 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Aye totally bricking it despite humping you in each fixture since that game, with a squad of players nowhere near as good as we have now.

Are you actually wanting to talk about squad changes since the start of the season? Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, son.

3 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

We signed quality though.

You signed a finished Paul Dixon and "The Edge" :lol:

Quality my erse. Their all players that are either youngsters or cant get a game elsewhere. Boys fae crawley town and the likes .  Just like us and any other scottish championship side and a lot of the top flight we're getting players from the dregs of football. Lets face it Osman Sow wouldn't be playing up here in the second tier if anyone else wanted him.  Quality :lol::lol::lol:

Archived